Influencers being shady with their AD

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Curious comment by Jo Good on her BBC Radio London show yesterday afternoon (BBC Sounds at 1:52:10).

Jo Good says she receives a lot of "random emails...because you follow me on social media, but I don't promote my social media on the radio so if you find me, then well done..."

Really? The attention-seeking advertiser who's always saying on air, on the BBC, "I URGE you to go to my You Tube channel @middleagedminx". So - while claiming she doesn't promote her social media on the radio - she is promoting her social media on the radio by talking about not promoting her social media on the radio. IMO "If you find me" = "Go and look for me".

That comment does imply, however, that she's not supposed to promote her social media (ads) on the radio. She seems to have found a shady way of doing so anyway.

Reactions: 1
Previously Slimming World Gemma but now By Gemma Bosanko
Constantly posting undeclared ads in her story, or else putting the writing in white on a white background, on the bottom corner of the screen where nobody will see it
Repeat offender and doing it multiple times a week for several years now 😡🤯

Reactions: 2
Jordan Humphries aka Jordan Q Radio
Got gifted a free holiday by a travel agents and hasn’t marked any of the content as an ad or gifted etc 🤯😠

The rising cost of living crisis is getting worse by the day. I wonder if influencers and the like will suffer because people will have little patience for their tone deaf postings showing off their freebies? One can only hope.

Reactions: 5
More shadiness from Jo Good who is continuing to use her BBC radio show as a platform to spruik her ad-heavy social media accounts. We pay for the BBC through our license fee and no form of advertising is allowed.

Again last night on BBC Radio London gave out her Instagram handle several times. This was ostensibly so listeners could see the brief livestream at the start of one segment. It is more likely she has contrived this so she attracts more followers to her own Instagram account, harvesting eyeballs to see the advertisments she places there.

She was joined in the studio by dog expert Anna Webb, whose handle she also gave. Both Jo and Anna have been showing deliveries of dog food on IG, hashtagging the brand so it would be fair to assume they have a commercial arrangement. If not they surely would have indicated #notsponsored or similar.

I really do not know why the BBC allows this, the livestream should go out via BBC-operated IG account, not via the perosnal, monetised account of the presenter.

I know we shouldn't be surprised by any of this, being simply the latest example of Jo Good's usual shady behaviour, but it's worth noting for the record. It also points out the hypocrisy of Jo Good claiming (last Sunday on her radio show) that she doesn't promote her socials on the radio.

More shadiness from Jo Good who is continuing to use her BBC radio show as a platform to spruik her ad-heavy social media accounts. We pay for the BBC through our license fee and no form of advertising is allowed.

Again last night on BBC Radio London gave out her Instagram handle several times. This was ostensibly so listeners could see the brief livestream at the start of one segment. It is more likely she has contrived this so she attracts more followers to her own Instagram account, harvesting eyeballs to see the advertisments she places there.

She was joined in the studio by dog expert Anna Webb, whose handle she also gave. Both Jo and Anna have been showing deliveries of dog food on IG, hashtagging the brand so it would be fair to assume they have a commercial arrangement. If not they surely would have indicated #notsponsored or similar.

I really do not know why the BBC allows this, the livestream should go out via BBC-operated IG account, not via the perosnal, monetised account of the presenter.

I know we shouldn't be surprised by any of this, being simply the latest example of Jo Good's usual shady behaviour, but it's worth noting for the record. It also points out the hypocrisy of Jo Good claiming (last Sunday on her radio show) that she doesn't promote her socials on the radio.
Is it worth reporting the bbc for allowing this?

Reactions: 5
Amanda Lamb, she Gets sent all the same ol’ tit everyone gets sent (right down to posing in a Fantasie Bra) but never says Ad. Today she received a Donna Ida jumpsuit and only just about managed a #gifted that’s difficult to see at the end of her stories! She’s a well known person so should be putting AD on her post!

Jo Good again. No declaring an #AD in the You Tube video title. She says the various items are all gifted, the ASA call it an ad whether you get paid with stuff OR money.

20220529_164318.jpg

Drew Clarke who also runs Unaltered
bleeping sick to death of this silly little insta hun wannabe and her inability to write ‘AD’ on her stories 🖕🏼

Here to log Jo Good 's weekly shadiness. A freebie facial this time...

Why *not* make use of handy Harley Street hey Jo? Why not lie back and be pampered? Especially when it's a freebie, which is not clear to those who simply click and view.

As usual she's hiding the gifted claim in the description box, which is only visible on some devices, and only when you hit the dropdown arrow.

And Jo, there might have been no obligation to film and post BUT YOU DID FILM AND POST...THAT MAKES IT AN AD, WHETHER YOU ARE PAID IN CASH, OR PRODUCTS/SERVICES.

20220605_134339.jpg

20220605_134437.jpg

20220605_134256.jpg

More instances of Jo Good not declaring ads but am back to make sure they are logged and handy (in case the ASA want a look!)

She did a flog last Sunday showing her attendance at a Beauty Pie event in Covent Garden full of influencers, Jo Good forgot to give the details so does do this week, thinking the late update gets her out of declaring the promo ASA compliantly. She plays dumb saying she's new at it when she's been flogging on her socials for YEARS, only rarely declaring her vlogs as ADs.
20220710_172553.jpg

20220710_174454.jpg

20220710_174424.jpg

Also on her vlog today Jo Good served biscuits to a guest and name-checked the French biscuit brand who she has done ads for on IG but there is no declaration of the commercial relationship she has with the brand.
20220710_180002.jpg

20220710_172054.jpg

Jo Good @middleagedminx...
20220724_165958.jpg
...again not complying by the ASA. She's promoting an LED face mask but says her vlog is not sponsored.

Being slimy and simply saying it was gifted it not enough. You advertised it, you got paid with goods = IT'S AN ADVERT !!

Further to the above, later in the same vlog Jo Good promotes another brand she has a commercial relationship with, she admitted they paid her in the past but now send her freebies.

The ASA would expect a You Tube video with two blatant promos like this to declare it as an #AD so viewers could decide to watch or not.
20220724_171758.jpg

Last edited:
Jo Good @middleagedminx has continued to run ads on her Insta and her YouTube vlogs without doing so ASA compliantly.

Her vlog this Sunday has a clickbait title, if viewers clicked on the thumbnail (see below) there is no warning that there is a 16-minute ad at the start where she is promoting a website that sells designer clothes, giving aff links.

20220814_114352.jpg

She also does not put the YouTube banner declaring it CONTAINS PAID PROMOTION.

Her 5th August Insta posts is a full video ad for a luxury retirement village which she was presumably paid a professional fee to host. No where is there any indication it is an advertisement.

• Wow
Jo Good is again using her BBC Radio London show to direct listeners to her personal monetised social media account.

Straight out of the traps at 6 minutes into her show last night she says "If you follow me on Instagram there's a picture of Anna and I having coffee in Chatsworth Road..." Says she wants to give a shout-out to the independent coffee shop but if listeners go to her Insta they will see a video #AD directly below for a skincare brand with whom she has a long-standing commercial relationship.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Jo Good @middleagedminx AGAIN.

Now doing an ad for a Scandinavian CBD beauty brand, said their brief is to be 'authentic', so if course she's ready to fake that for them.

The brand doesn't want any music, or special lighting so Jo obediently points out she has "only one overhead light" but is too lazy/thick/arrogant to notice her ring light can be seen in the reflection on the tiles. God knows she needs super 10K lumen white light to blank out her severely damaged skin.

20220902_071943.jpg

Saw today's vlog. Oh my. MAM becomes more embarrassing with each passing week. The sashaying about on the beach was nauseating. I'd have been interested in the visit to Boots laboratories if we'd heard more of what the speakers had to say and less of MAM.