India Knight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is long time beef between JB and IK, it was never going to be a softly softly piece and Julie is known for being brutal, crass and a difficult read. Afraid I think a lot of how she summarised IK and EJ is pretty accurate, though the piece did make me cringe..
Oh absolutely, was expecting the bile towards them and that is fully deserved. The swipes in many other directions are truly disgusting though. Don't know what I expected, but a focus on the matter at hand would've been nice - it's just a rambling rant attempting to draw flimsy parallels between the many targets of her pre-existing hatred.

Reactions: 4
Yes, I have to say the phrase "nail on the head" springs to mind. But, wow, imagine having the balls to write all that.

Reactions: 6
I think Burchill's piece summed India's character up well: "For those of you who have not had the pleasure, Knight is very much of the ‘Lady Muck’ school of female columnists. The Cambridge Dictionary defines the type as ‘A woman who thinks she is very important and should be treated better than everyone else’."

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I tend to want to disagree with JB, but holy moly it's very nail on head in terms of the hypocrisy and classism that IK is famous for.

Reactions: 17
She only got to the actual victims and inadequate sentencing towards the end. If I hadn’t known the case anyway, I wouldn’t have kept going through all that bile about India. I can’t stand IK, but it is disrespectful to the victims to centre IK rather than them. JB is right about the wokebros and the privileged living behind their wokescreens though.

Reactions: 8
I think Burchill's piece summed India's character up well: "For those of you who have not had the pleasure, Knight is very much of the ‘Lady Muck’ school of female columnists. The Cambridge Dictionary defines the type as ‘A woman who thinks she is very important and should be treated better than everyone else’."
that was part of my favourite paragraph :)

‘A woman who thinks she is very important and should be treated better than everyone else’. I would elaborate that she is a woman who is convinced she is better than others with no evidence to show for it, no beauty or wit or humanitarian acts. Above all, she will never judge or mock herself, but lives in order to do so to others.'

100% accurate

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The last para is the important bit for me:

“So widespread is this sickness that in 2017, Norfolk’s police chief constable said that those who viewed child-abuse images should not even be prosecuted, because the police were already unable to cope with the volume of cases. It is a national disgrace that men such as Joyce, who drive the market for the rape of infants, are spared jail by the courts of this country. But it is a national scandal that our newspapers – usually so keen to police the morals of our public figures – close ranks to protect one of their own. What a shameful episode in the history of British journalism – the silence of the hacks, shielding the evils which take place behind the Wokescreen.”

• Angry
Reactions: 17
If I am completely honest, I think the article was more of a way for JB to have a legitimate kick at IK. The true miscarriage of justice being EJ strolling away without jail time and being pretty much kept out of the press, shielded from criticism was a wee bit lost.

Reactions: 10
If I am completely honest, I think the article was more of a way for JB to have a legitimate kick at IK. The true miscarriage of justice being EJ strolling away without jail time and being pretty much kept out of the press, shielded from criticism was a wee bit lost.
Yeah, it was obviously written in anger, which (although justified in relation to EJ/IK) doesn't always lead to the most thoughtful response. I still love JB though.

Reactions: 3
Any Twitter response to this? Would be interested to see if Suzanne M reacts given her closeness to both of them

Reactions: 2
I think it’s brilliant. She definitely has the measure of India. I know most of IK’s mates aren’t newsy journalists but I do think if it had been a Tory or Corbynite MP they would have commented on it.

Reactions: 16
I think it’s brilliant. She definitely has the measure of India. I know most of IK’s mates aren’t newsy journalists but I do think if it had been a Tory or Corbynite MP they would have commented on it.
It’s so absurd.. I cannot believe I used to like Caitlin Moran , reading this site in the last year Ish has been very educational

Reactions: 12
He's not an MP though (JB makes the same error in her article, wilfully I'm guessing in her case) - and I don't think it would matter if he were a Tory or Corbynite. They're not crucifying him because he's a mate's husband, not because of his political leanings.

Reactions: 1
Yeah imagine if it was someone like Giles Coren... a lot would be said and no one would hold back

Reactions: 12
Any Twitter response to this? Would be interested to see if Suzanne M reacts given her closeness to both of them
Dom Joly has tweeted it out:

And JB has retweeted someone's reply, seems to be someone on here/knows about what happened with the Sali Hughes situation:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I also think it's excellent. Whether JB has a personal axe to grind is of little consequence given what Joyce has done and how it has been hushed up.

I totally missed that on Monday Kerry Jean Lister tweeted about EJ and people not talking about it - she has always seemed like a good egg to me. Some interesting stuff in the thread, including people having requested sentence reviews from the Attorney General.

Reactions: 14
He's not an MP though (JB makes the same error in her article, wilfully I'm guessing in her case) - and I don't think it would matter if he were a Tory or Corbynite. They're not crucifying him because he's a mate's husband, not because of his political leanings.
I think some of them aren't crucifying him because they're terrified of losing their gigs at the Times.

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.