India Knight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And yes, I agree re: mitigating factor. Total nonsense. The weirdo stuff dates back to 2013, according to reports, and her relationship with him dates back even further, so I can't begin to see how being shacked up with her mitigates anything.
Yes I feel like the court has been misled regarding their relationship. They have clearly been together since 2012.
From the ES article: "[The prosecutor] said police found around 2000 "peer to peer files indicative of downloading or looking at images of child abuse”, dating back to June 2014."

"Mark Shelley, representing Joyce today, told the court: “The pre-sentence report gives his background, his time in the army, time as an MP, then something happened and it all imploded. A clever, hard-working man, taken to drink, and his life is destroyed by behaviour you have seen in his previous convictions. Since that time, he has given up drinking, found a partner that he loves, she loves him and they have made a life together.”"

His previous convictions were May 2013 and October 2014. So according to his defence, since 2013/14, he has given up drinking - but was drunk when he committed the crime in 2018 ("he did accept that the video ... had been on his computer. “He told police he was intoxicated when involved in that activity”, said Mr Proctor. “He couldn’t remember looking at that kind of material.”") - and found a partner he loves - but it's the same person he's been with since 2010/11.

Clearly this defence is worthless and if it did play a part in mitigating the sentence then it's pretty scandalous. I wish an *actual* journalist would investigate this and write about it.

ETA link https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/eric-joyce-suspended-sentence-former-labour-mp-a4519216.html

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Either he lied to his barrister or his barrister lied to the court.

Reactions: 8
Do you have to give a reason as to why you think it should be reviewed?

Some comments I’ve read suggest his relationship with India was a mitigating factor in the sentencing. But if he committed the crime during their relationship how can it be?
If you read the judges comments that exactly what he says, that somehow he’s a changed man for being with her. I don’t get it at all

Reactions: 7
She follows me (can't have read my timeline, to say that our views don't align would be an understatement) - I might DM her a link??
I reckon she’d like the Sali Hughes threads - they are fellow Brightonians (or Brightoniennes)!

Reactions: 1
"...a cybermob of quasi feminist mean girls..."

Still lol-ing at this! One for the next thread title...

Oh I’d like to know too !! Her thread is boring now any time I nip back to have a look. What did I miss ?
Speculation that a post complaining that her assistant was getting relentless abuse was to stir up sympathy.

Reactions: 2
I think she probably does know about here.

It's mind boggling that India Knight offered to send someone with pending child sex offences around to people's houses because they said comments like Sali Hughes home town didn't look that rough as it won a in bloom award. And even this was in response to Sali saying people wouldn't last 5 minutes where she grew up.

They're all the Sewer rats we thought they were.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just had a look at her twitter feed and it looks like she’s deleted all her tweets apart from the most recent three columns and one from
2015??

I am in the middle of nowhere right now with terrible reception so maybe they just aren’t loading?
yes I thought the same when I checked - all disappeared mmmmmmm....

Remember Chris Langham? In 2007 he was charged with 15 counts of downloading indecent images, including clips that showed the rape of a teenager and the sexual abuse of an eight-year-old. He was given a ten-month custodial sentence.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Remember Chris Langham? In 2007 he was charged with 15 counts of downloading indecent images, including clips that showed the rape of a teenager and the sexual abuse of an eight-year-old. He was given a ten-month custodial sentence.

He only played a politician though...

everything about this is just the worst.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
On his blog Eric Joyce has a very weird preoccupation with MPs and 'celebs' worrying about death threats they've received that aren't "properly serious" or "meaningful"; how he knows they aren't serious or meaningful is a mystery, but he thinks these people make them public for attention. I wonder if he's received any himself in the last few weeks, and whether he still holds such an unsympathetic view.

When I was poking round I also saw that he had India's ex-husband write a guest blog for him: http://www.ericjoyce.co.uk/2017/08/andrew-ohagan-on-scottish-independence/

Still no sign of the promised statement anyway.

Reactions: 5
This result is farcical - the material viewed is well over the custody threshold, and in addition there was further police evidence that he had been searching for child abuse sites. My God, the sheer injustice coupled with the cronyism and media silence, it’s sickening.

I can only hope that loys of letters are sent to the AG and loads of people sign the Change.org petition 🙏🏼

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.