India Knight #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as we know. I presume her daughter still cannot live with her as she chose to side with the p*edophile.
Apart from the victims in this, the daughter is who I feel sorry for. Imagine your mum choosing someone like that over you?

And the gall to write that column about age differences in relationships
I swear a lot of her columns are actually just trolling, I cannot believe she gets away with it

• Sad
Reactions: 12
What exactly is the point of her? Who is she appealing to with her columns? Maybe that small band of middle-aged, middle-class females who absolutely hate other women unless they are exactly like them, but surely not enough to sustain a column in a national newspaper?

Reactions: 11
What exactly is the point of her? Who is she appealing to with her columns? Maybe that small band of middle-aged, middle-class females who absolutely hate other women unless they are exactly like them, but surely not enough to sustain a column in a national newspaper?
I was wondering if it gets a lot of hate reads, maybe 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I followed IK on Twitter from the beginning and saw the very many lows. Pissed late at night and ranting at women she thought were after E - as she referred. Then the big move to Suffolk, E out of London and away from potential trouble or so she thought. She has put everything on the line to preserve the relationship including her own kids by the look of it. And likely her friends. She made her usual random Twitter appearance to flog her latest book (well late to put the E drama behind her) and it was interesting to see who didn’t offer up the usual happy publication day guff. Sali H and Caitlin M for two.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
What a coincidence! Especially as I can’t imagine middle aged men are India’s target audience.
4515C576-1D47-4E3E-8342-B6EBFB873D9A.jpeg
A97436FC-B710-4E3B-A865-1FAF8B9DE794.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Isn’t he the father of her daughter that can’t live with her because her partner is a convicted sex offender though? Bizarre.

Reactions: 1
No the girl’s father is a writer whose name escapes me but he’s obviously a good egg - just as well, really.

Reactions: 3
I think it's the novelist Andrew O'Hagan who is the father of her daughter

Reactions: 4
Well the Mitfords had actual fascists in their ranks, but Nancy Mitford was not one of them and I'm sure her writing beats whatever drivel India Knight produces in her new book. I thought The Pursuit of Love was insightful and witty. I also liked Love in a Cold Climate, however I should point out, in light of the discussion here, it contains a lighthearted (!) depiction of a character whose antics should land him in prison. So yeah, I see why India Knight might be a fan.
Of course India would be a fan. But I would bet the Hons' Cupboard that Nancy would rip her to shreds with a vicious caricature. The Mitfords were such snobs - even Jessica the "Communist" - that they sneered at the Queen Mother and called her "Cookie" because she looked like a fat cook. (This is probably one of my favourite things about them.) Do imagine what they would make of the waffle-faced Belgian beauty writer and her pedalo beau. Rewriting Nancy is just asking for an acid putdown.

Actually, I would love a mini-series about the Mitfords - a proper old-school BBC period drama with loads of style and a HUGE budget, and now I'm going to imagine my fantasy cast and crew. What larks!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That would be so good. I’m afraid I do find them fascinating, this doesn’t mean I am a fan.

Reactions: 2
That would be so good. I’m afraid I do find them fascinating, this doesn’t mean I am a fan.
Ghastly people, especially Unity, and Diana is an absolute villain. Which is why they would make such great tv. The last one died in 2014, and she seemed nice enough, but she had connections to almost a century of power and wealth.

Reactions: 6
Ugh is she really comparing her grotty marriage to the Obamas? And her revolting husband to Barrack Obama?
Those must be some rose tinted spectacles she wears.

• Haha
Reactions: 8