I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here 2022 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's the difference between Jill and Scarlette? The fanbase argument is bullshit. Loads of people have done well on the show without having a strong fanbase to come in with.

Baba will 100% be gone tomorrow

Excluding talent shows I think Brian Belo is the only black contestant to win a reality show like I'm a Celebrity, Love Island, Big Brother etc. Not saying black people should win just find it interesting.
The difference is Jill is part of the England team who won the Euros. So most people know who she is, Scarlett not so much.

Reactions: 18
What's the difference between Jill and Scarlette? The fanbase argument is bullshit. Loads of people have done well on the show without having a strong fanbase to come in with.

Baba will 100% be gone tomorrow

Excluding talent shows I think Brian Belo is the only black contestant to win a reality show like I'm a Celebrity, Love Island, Big Brother etc. Not saying black people should win just find it interesting.
Jill captained the England women‘s football team when they won a major tournament. It’s a huge difference. Ore Oduba and Alesha Dixon won Strictly, Hamza will probably win this series. Alexandra Burke won the X Factor. People are looking for racism where none exists.

Reactions: 36
Can I just defend BG and Sue on that balancing challenge? 😂
When you get to a certain age for some reason (with a lot of people) your balance just goes. It is really wierd. They both probably realised that they could try 100 times and it was never going to happen, so it would just literally be a waste of the time.

(I wonder if this was when BG stole the apple and hid 😂 I wish we could've seen it, like the uprising lead by Anthony Wozza Thompson years ago).

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Scarlette went on IAC to expand her fan base.
I honestly had never heard of her before IAC and didn’t like her because I found her bossy, and kind of calculating. I think she was performing to what she thinks the public want to see.

I didn’t dislike her because of her colour. No one can argue Char was out first because of her colour.

Reactions: 4
The difference is Jill is part of the England team who won the Euros. So most people know who she is, Scarlett not so much.
And the Euros are still really fresh in people’s minds too I’d say, cos of the whole Lionness stuff etc.

I had no idea who Scarlette was before IAC 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Easily worse….why the hell George Clarke wanted to work with her is anyone’s guess.

His Radio persona is definitely his strength. TV just doesn’t seem to be bringing out the best in him - similar to previous stints/attempts, but then it could just be the format or editing.
Yeah that’s where he is more comfortable, behind a Mike with his team and fair play to him he stepped out of his comfort zone (like all the others) to do something he said he’s always been too scared to do. His radio one days he could be an arse, he even admits it on his show now but he was younger and more stupid, he has one hundred percent calmed down

Reactions: 1
Jill captained the England women‘s football team when they won a major tournament. It’s a huge difference. Ore Oduba and Alesha Dixon won Strictly, Hamza will probably win this series. Alexandra Burke won the X Factor. People are looking for racism where none exists.
And Louis Smith won Strictly didn't he?

Reactions: 3
Why is it weird?
Its the getting in the personal space of people you only met two weeks ago.

At the same time I get that the intensity of the jungle means you get to know them very quickly, and that some people are very tactile.

I am also not very tactile myself so wouldnt appreciate it.

Reactions: 5
When you get to a certain age for some reason (with a lot of people) your balance just goes. It is really wierd. They both probably realised that they could try 100 times and it was never going to happen, so it would just literally be a waste of the time.

(I wonder if this was when BG stole the apple and hid 😂 I wish we could've seen it, like the uprising lead by Anthony Wozza Thompson years ago).
I used to be able to balance on one leg with m y hands up in the air. Past 60 I am finding it impossible so yes Sue and George wouldn't be able to do it.

I'm hoping Sue and Chris are evicted tonight and tomorrow. I have a feeling two will go one night as they usually throw a double eviction in one night. So George and Seann please.

I was going to say the same thing. I'm the same age as George and wouldn't be able to balance on that thing either. It was a good thing that they gave up so quickly as it gave the later contestants more time.

I also wish we could have seen George stealing an apple and running off into the jungle. Sounds like the highlight of the series so far

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just caught up on the trial - Mike and Jill were brilliant. It's the fact Mike just sat back like he was nice and relaxed. I felt queasy after, how they managed not to bring it all back up I don't know!

Reactions: 8
Sue will have corrie fans voting for her
Chris will have his radio fans
Mike will have royal fans
Bg will have his musical fans
Jill will have football fans
Owen will have hollyhoaks fans
Matt becoming popular
Baba Sean and scarlette not so mainstream so might not have the fanbase voting to keep them in.
It's not a race issue
Erm I am anti Royal I like Mike because he comes over as nice and a tryer he is v witty as well. Has nothing to do with his royal connections.

A lot of things are race issues, but presuming things are by default every time they involved POC is just absurd. I knew when I saw her name this was going to start.
  • Charlene was a bleep.
  • Scarlette although sweet, was essentially unknown before and didn't make enough of an impact during to get votes to SAVE (if it was evict, she wouldn't have gone for ages), likely due to edits saying as she was barely shown
  • If Baba does go next, it's basically the same reason as Scarlette. Which is a shame as I had high hopes for him after the first few eps. But just because he was in bottom two doesn't mean he will go, look at Sue after Charlene.
Not everything is that deep. The British public are nothing if not predictable. No prexisting fanbase, not modelesque looking and not hilarious? You're out.

Reactions: 12
Chris apparently gets 1.1m listeners on his Radio X breakfast show. 😱
That would explain why he's being reportably being paid £1.5 million a year.

I assumed his new show wasn't doing that well and that's why he's there.

From what I remember back on his R1 show he often said how shy he was and it was his idea of hell being at an event where he didn't know anyone else. It's surprising for someone that doesn't like being out of his comfort zone that he ever agreed to this.

A lot of things are race issues, but presuming things are by default every time they involved POC is just absurd. I knew when I saw her name this was going to start.
  • Charlene was a bleep.
  • Scarlette although sweet, was essentially unknown before and didn't make enough of an impact during to get votes to SAVE (if it was evict, she wouldn't have gone for ages), likely due to edits saying as she was barely shown
  • If Baba does go next, it's basically the same reason as Scarlette. Which is a shame as I had high hopes for him after the first few eps. But just because he was in bottom two doesn't mean he will go, look at Sue after Charlene.
Not everything is that deep. The British public are nothing if not predictable. No prexisting fanbase, not modelesque looking and not hilarious? You're out.
I also think what can happen is people see someone like Baba in the bottom 2 and he will get an influx of votes until he people don't want to vote i.e. all 5 will go to their fave as they want them to stay.

• Heart
I was watching on catchup (well, I just record it and start watching about 20 mins late so I can ff over the ads). When I heard it was Scarlette, I paused right away and came on here! I knew you’d all be surprised too.
I do that with catch up too. Life is too short for endless, boring adverts! I just needed to make sure I didn‘t miss the voting in the early days when it was only open for a short time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.