Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else seen her Q&A on Instagram? I don’t believe her daily routine for a second tbh. She makes it seem like she works 6 hours a day which isn’t a lot regardless compared to most normal jobs, but she puts out basically nothing? So no way I believe she even works 6 hours a day though who knows what influencers define as work!
Her answers to those questions really highlight how small her world is. I understand she's been through the ringer and this past year has been difficult for everybody, but she really has so little going on.

Reactions: 13
Yes, was thinking the same with the Q&A. What is her output for 6 hours a day work!?!

She’s clearly struggling with stuff though going by some of the responses. I wonder if she and Joe will last.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Anyone else seen her Q&A on Instagram? I don’t believe her daily routine for a second tbh. She makes it seem like she works 6 hours a day which isn’t a lot regardless compared to most normal jobs, but she puts out basically nothing? So no way I believe she even works 6 hours a day though who knows what influencers define as work!
Ya there is no way she works that much on a daily basis. I can see her lounging on the sofa for several hours a day.

Reactions: 7
I really feel for her because she does seem to be floundering, and I agree with her that we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves during a pandemic BUT I really take issue with her (and every influencer's) understanding of self-care. Self-care shouldn't just be giving yourself a free pass to do nothing and give in to your every want. Self-care should include discipline to do the things you know you have to do. If she likes her job as much as she says she does then IMO she really should buckle down and get back to doing actual work. I don't mean to sound unsympathetic and I get she's been through so much and lockdown has been hard for everyone, but I feel like she's taking it unusually hard for someone who has been lucky enough to not have lost her job, home, or a loved one because of it. I get the anxiety that comes with the pandemic, but what has lockdown taken away from her? Going out shopping and eating out in restaurants? I wonder if all these influencers are taking lockdown so hard because it has forced them to come to terms with the fact that they have no hobbies or interests outside of consumerism. Sorry for the long rant, I'm so tired of seeing all these youtubers who are in some of the most secure positions talk about covid like its something that has happened specifically to them and not a major global event that involves everybody.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I really feel for her because she does seem to be floundering, and I agree with her that we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves during a pandemic BUT I really take issue with her (and every influencer's) understanding of self-care. Self-care shouldn't just be giving yourself a free pass to do nothing and give in to your every want. Self-care should include discipline to do the things you know you have to do. If she likes her job as much as she says she does then IMO she really should buckle down and get back to doing actual work. I don't mean to sound unsympathetic and I get she's been through so much and lockdown has been hard for everyone, but I feel like she's taking it unusually hard for someone who has been lucky enough to not have lost her job, home, or a loved one because of it. I get the anxiety that comes with the pandemic, but what has lockdown taken away from her? Going out shopping and eating out in restaurants? I wonder if all these influencers are taking lockdown so hard because it has forced them to come to terms with the fact that they have no hobbies or interests outside of consumerism. Sorry for the long rant, I'm so tired of seeing all these youtubers who are in some of the most secure positions talk about covid like its something that has happened specifically to them and not a major global event that involves everybody.
Goodness! If I could love this1000x more I would!

I knobs off thought we were collectively past the inane definition of self-care. And it’s funny, because I was saying to a colleague yesterday that I was having a hard time. She suggested self-care — I should get my hair cut or get a massage or buy something. I rebutted with “I don’t believe in self-care in that sense because it’s just an excuse to spend money and not actually care for myself”. These self-care moments don’t get to the root of the issue and I wish Alix would see the root of the issue — no structure, IMO.

Anyway - great post.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Personally based on the photos she gets tagged in, I think she’s doing some side work for brands, it wouldn’t be 6 hour every day but it’d be enough

You see how her non work activities she’s included many details so it’s not just like ‘get up and ready’, it’s like... shower and see Joe and eat, etc. Once it gets to work it’s just ‘work’. Lol. Idk if she includes more detail privately for herself but if you actually want to block out time for yourself to work productively, you need to break up your work day in the way she does her ‘free’ time. I think she genuinely has more passion for showering and walking her dog and making her oats and cycling than she does for various elements of her job.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Alix has posted on Instagram. She has Anna Newton's brows.
Oh my God!! Those bloody brows!! Why would you want eyebrows that just dominate your entire face!!

After seeing her stories, I just wished I could be able to go back to work only in march lol :ROFLMAO:
I liked her hair and the brows seemed a bit too much for me... Maybe she's going to the same brow lady Anna goes.
They just remind me of the girl in Dodgeball!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You see how her non work activities she’s included many details so it’s not just like ‘get up and ready’, it’s like... shower and see Joe and eat, etc. Once it gets to work it’s just ‘work’. Lol. Idk if she includes more detail privately for herself but if you actually want to block out time for yourself to work productively, you need to break up your work day in the way she does her ‘free’ time. I think she genuinely has more passion for showering and walking her dog and making her oats and cycling than she does for various elements of her job.
That’s true - like I always block out time for emails first thing, regular meetings etc. Perhaps her real one is more specific, but surely the light in afternoons is better to film etc

Reactions: 6
I’ve not been on IG for a few days, but has she posted anything? Any sign of another video?

Crickets, crickets, crickets.

Gave up on her last year, she is unmotivated, depressing and a joy killer. She needs to get off IG.

I’ve not been on IG for a few days, but has she posted anything? Any sign of another video?

Crickets, crickets, crickets.

Reactions: 11
I reckon she’ll reappear next month claiming she needed an extended Easter break 😂 no but seriously she is hopeless. As I said a few posts up, absolutely no way she works even 6 hours a day.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
More like spends 6 hours a day trawling through social media so she can emulate other influencers, thinking that being like them will bring her the happiness she's lost. She knows she's not being herself no more. No wonder she will only post once a month of this empty carbon copy she has created.

Reactions: 15
lol at how she instantaneously when back to sporadic posting after going on about wanting to try harder and be more more consistent. It's disappointing because she's genuinely one of my favourites, but she's lost my respect now. How are people supposed to value what she does when she doesn't value work herself?

lol at how she instantaneously when back to sporadic posting after going on about wanting to try harder and be more more consistent. It's disappointing because she's genuinely one of my favourites, but she's lost my respect now. How are people supposed to value what she does when she doesn't value work herself?
I'm the same! I definitely have a soft spot for Alix and used to absolute love her content and style back in 2017. Even though I hate beige and all things monochrome and rattan and the Brittany Bathgate kind of vibe, I still watched her videos because I just like the girl but I've unfollowed her on YouTube and Instagram and just can't find excuses for her anymore. I was willing to look past her "I decided that 2021 started in March" but it's too much now. She's become a caricature of herself.

Reactions: 8
I’m still hanging in there with Alix but I don’t know why, it’s a definite Groundhog Day. I find it a bit embarrassing that she makes all these plans and comebacks that ultimately result in nothing.

Reactions: 10
She should have a least filmed a couple of videos before making her "im back" announcement to fall back on

• Heart
That's right as you can schedule uploads an influencer could say film four videos and set to upload one a week then relax for a month! This is a bit barmy how she hasn't even scheduled something like that, unless she really does have another freelance job on the side

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.