Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alix always seems like someone who wants to do things because she thinks she should, but I question if she actually wants to.

Its like the only videos she uploads are her talking about wanting to upload more, wanting to read more, exercise more etc. Rather than just being who she is, for someone her age I’d have expected her to know who she is and what interests her now, even her style seems to change every time she uploads a video.

I just can’t bear to hear her for the 100th time say she wants to read more because she loves it despite getting through half a book last year.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I still think she’s been paid £££ by other companies to do work for them and she can’t be arsed with her own profiles but needs them incase a well paid AD comes up
People have this idea about Influencers all the time— oh they must be secretly working a side job! And it’s just not true. There is never a secret job lol. They really can get by one what they’ve got. And there is this idea that the Infouencer is just ashamed of their other job, but the truth is most of them would looooove to flex about how they have a JOB when they’ve been ridiculed for being lazy and not having real careers. Especially Alix who makes all the excuses about “work” and comebacks and motivation, she is prideful and would love to say, oh I’ve been so busy with my other work. But there is no other job. It’s just this and she is finally in the corner now and hopefully will admit to herself it is not working.

Alix also clearly has severe mental health issues but she also has lots of residual income from years making bank as a relatively popular YouTuber. Also, while it may be foreign to some people, this happens where people do sometimes stop working for periods of time and they just use their savings, or their partner subsidizes them. Usually however that means that they really have to face the consequences of everything and unfortunately Alix’s industry helps them hide and keep trying things that aren’t working.

Reactions: 11
People have this idea about Influencers all the time— oh they must be secretly working a side job! And it’s just not true. There is never a secret job lol. They really can get by one what they’ve got. And there is this idea that the Infouencer is just ashamed of their other job, but the truth is most of them would looooove to flex about how they have a JOB when they’ve been ridiculed for being lazy and not having real careers. Especially Alix who makes all the excuses about “work” and comebacks and motivation, she is prideful and would love to say, oh I’ve been so busy with my other work. But there is no other job. It’s just this and she is finally in the corner now and hopefully will admit to herself it is not working.

Alix also clearly has severe mental health issues but she also has lots of residual income from years making bank as a relatively popular YouTuber. Also, while it may be foreign to some people, this happens where people do sometimes stop working for periods of time and they just use their savings, or their partner subsidizes them. Usually however that means that they really have to face the consequences of everything and unfortunately Alix’s industry helps them hide and keep trying things that aren’t working.
It’s from the tagged photos on her Instagram profile. That’s where I’ve got this from

Reactions: 5
It’s from the tagged photos on her Instagram profile. That’s where I’ve got this from
And I think you're actually right. A lot of influencers shoot content for other brands, it's just another arm of influencing, not a side job. If a brand likes your photography (although lol because most of these bloggers do not shoot their own photos anymore) or your style/content, then they may commission influencers for their photos and so that they get the rights to use those without credit. Nice earner for them.

Reactions: 6
Ah I see. But yes, as the other poster said that’s essentially the same as an Insta ad on her profile but the brand wanted it on their page instead of her grid. And yet I see those stopped in January anyway.

Reactions: 3

She must definitely have made bank before then, as she has had so many designer bags and shoes (did those Proenza Schouler boots ever get seen again?) yet very limited ‘paid partnerships’ in the last year or so.

Reactions: 2
I think she must be very sick. It takes almost no effort at all to just do some random IG stories to keep up appearances even if you’re taking time off. For her to disappear like this after making a big comeback, something is very wrong.
I think most influencers like her are more or less only posting when brand deals come along, and probably most brands have dropped Alix so she doesn’t see the point of posting anything.

Reactions: 7

i couldn’t care less how much disposable income she has. I just feel that at her age she should be happy with lots of friends.

Reactions: 4
Do we need a new thread name? Or will this one continue in dribs and drabs until she posts a new video.

Reactions: 2
A new insta post. The same as every other person in UK taking advantage of the sunshine in a pub garden. Nothing groundbreaking! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
A new insta post. The same as every other person in UK taking advantage of the sunshine in a pub garden. Nothing groundbreaking! 🤷🏻‍♀️
Her eyebrows still look ridiculously overdrawn!

I bet a haul video coming by end of the week.

She must be boring herself at this point....

What on earth do she and Joe talk about now.
How much beige is too beige?
Is this beige, beige or more of a grey beige?
Ercu or Cream?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She literally posts less than “influencers”/bloggers with moderate followings that do Instagram on the side on top of full time normal jobs, or influencers I follow that just had a baby. I don’t get why she doesn’t own up to her issues, maybe it’d be more relatable than the constant onslaught of beige.

Reactions: 10
She literally posts less than “influencers”/bloggers with moderate followings that do Instagram on the side on top of full time normal jobs, or influencers I follow that just had a baby. I don’t get why she doesn’t own up to her issues, maybe it’d be more relatable than the constant onslaught of beige.
Yes, she’s never done reels and one IGTV yonks ago, which I see people with much less followers (plus families, day jobs) doing - and increasing their engagement/following.

The dynamic with her and Joe is interesting - I wonder when he stops WFH whether she will make changes, or get even worse!

The less you do, the less you want to do. Suddenly a full day is making your meals, watching a show and doing a load of washing.

Reactions: 16
The less you do, the less you want to do. Suddenly a full day is making your meals, watching a show and doing a load of washing.
This is so true, 100 percent. I was unemployed for almost the whole year of 2020 and while I tried my best to keep myself occupied and active, towards the end, I didn't really do much at all during the day. Now that I am back to working full time, I genuinely do not know how I managed to spend my days watching YouTube videos and Netflix. If I went to the library and the supermarket on the same day, it genuinely felt like a busy day to me, I am not even kidding. Looking back, I was definitely depressed to some degree.

Alix would really benefit to having a management company telling her what to do and giving some type of structure to her work. I wonder why she was kicked off from her previous management and why she hasn't found a new one. She still has a loyal fan base (lord knows why) and actually produces decent content, when she has the motivation to do so.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She must be boring herself at this point....

What on earth do she and Joe talk about now.
How much beige is too beige?
Is this beige, beige or more of a grey beige?
Ercu or Cream?
I don't mind her beige aesthetic I just feel like she hasn't put a real thought or emotion into why she likes beige or neutrals and instead is following trends.

This is so true, 100 percent. I was unemployed for almost the whole year of 2020 and while I tried my best to keep myself occupied and active, towards the end, I didn't really do much at all during the day. Now that I am back to working full time, I genuinely do not know how I managed to spend my days watching YouTube videos and Netflix. If I went to the library and the supermarket on the same day, it genuinely felt like a busy day to me, I am not even kidding. Looking back, I was definitely depressed to some degree.

Alix would really benefit to having a management company telling her what to do and giving some type of structure to her work. I wonder why she was kicked off from her previous management and why she hasn't found a new one. She still has a loyal fan base (lord knows why) and actually produces decent content, when she has the motivation to do so.
her fan base is middle aged white women

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.