Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. At a certain point you can’t just isolate and check out of ‘work’ for yet another few weeks because something triggered you or brought you down. By which I mean, if that is happening to you and you can’t overcome it, you need serious intervention and help beyond trying to organize yourself better. It takes almost nothing to just post a few obligatory Insta stories. She clearly is unable to sustain this career and I hope she gets help.

I can completely understand if certain things this last month triggered her depressive tendencies, but she JUST proclaimed this a fresh start and ‘back to work’ after months off, only to immediately revert back yet again and disappear. I really hope for her own sake she doesn’t do another ‘well hello there’ story/post/video because she is just kidding herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think I’ve decided to unsubscribe on YT. I’ve not meen on Instagram for about a year, and I recently went back on to unsubscribe from all influencers, so I don’t need to unsubscribe from her on there.

All that to say: my nearly rear off social media has done wonders for me and I’m just a normie user of social media, not an elevated influencer 🤣🤣

I honestly think she needs to have one final video, a la Ingrid Nilsen, and pack this career goodbye. It just doesn’t suit her anymore, and once the pandemic is over, she should get a 9-5 in marketing or whatever field she wants. But what she’s doing now, other than the easy money, just isn’t working out for her and her mental health, to speculate.

She was always one of my faves! And I loved her a few years ago, after the breakup from Snoozie and Darren, was it? I liked her when she was discovering the neutrals. Now old like her her to discover herself again.

Reactions: 13
Long time lurker, first time poster!

Watching her "comeback" video, what I don't get is how she claimed to be doing all the right things to avoid COVID, gets upset that the UK government basically cancelled Christmas, but then still planned to go home (hence the COVID test). I'm not from the UK, but it's my understanding that travel was restricted at this time - is that correct? Prior to this, she also travelled to Scotland and put up a few Stories of her getting free facials, so I don't think she's in any position to say she's been constantly doing the right thing.

I enjoy Alix's content and I really want to root for her, but it seems like she's all talk and no action. I totally understand what it's like to have your perfectionism get the better of you and I feel like she's genuine when she says she wants to be more consistent, but I don't think she has the discipline. Unlike in the real world, she has no one to hold her accountable, so it's very easy for her to slip back into her old ways. I think if she pushed through the tough times and actually worked through it instead of taking all these long breaks, her confidence and motivation would improve. Doing nothing all day just makes you feel the opposite. I really loved the content she was making this time last year when lockdown first began, she was making three videos a week!

I think there comes a time where you have to admit defeat and accept that something is no longer working for you. I think this is Alix and YouTube. Even just a part time job would give her stability and routine and help with her time management skills when it comes to making videos. It's so much easier to procrastinate and put things off when you have nothing else going on.

Reactions: 19
Long time lurker, first time poster!

Watching her "comeback" video, what I don't get is how she claimed to be doing all the right things to avoid COVID, gets upset that the UK government basically cancelled Christmas, but then still planned to go home (hence the COVID test). I'm not from the UK, but it's my understanding that travel was restricted at this time - is that correct? Prior to this, she also travelled to Scotland and put up a few Stories of her getting free facials, so I don't think she's in any position to say she's been constantly doing the right thing.

I enjoy Alix's content and I really want to root for her, but it seems like she's all talk and no action. I totally understand what it's like to have your perfectionism get the better of you and I feel like she's genuine when she says she wants to be more consistent, but I don't think she has the discipline. Unlike in the real world, she has no one to hold her accountable, so it's very easy for her to slip back into her old ways. I think if she pushed through the tough times and actually worked through it instead of taking all these long breaks, her confidence and motivation would improve. Doing nothing all day just makes you feel the opposite. I really loved the content she was making this time last year when lockdown first began, she was making three videos a week!

I think there comes a time where you have to admit defeat and accept that something is no longer working for you. I think this is Alix and YouTube. Even just a part time job would give her stability and routine and help with her time management skills when it comes to making videos. It's so much easier to procrastinate and put things off when you have nothing else going on.
Regardless of how much work we think influencers do, influencing full time can’t be good for you when you don’t have discipline or motivation and your entire work life and/or deliverables are based on consumerism, trends and aesthetics. And your KPIs are sell through and vapid ego stroking comments.

Reactions: 7
I've always enjoyed Alix's videos and always gave her the benefit of doubt. But resurfacing after two months of being MIA and then going back to radio silence after two weeks only....I feel very disappointed. She's lost her credibility :(

I know it's easy for me to say what I would do in someone else's position when I have no idea what it's like to be them...but man if I was her, or any kind of influencer I'd be hustling so hard while the influencer bubble still exists and you can still make insane amounts of money for doing the bare minimum. I love Alix but it kind of kills me inside knowing I have to work for several weeks or months to make what she can make in one sponsored IG post.

Reactions: 25
Regardless of how much work we think influencers do, influencing full time can’t be good for you when you don’t have discipline or motivation and your entire work life and/or deliverables are based on consumerism, trends and aesthetics. And your KPIs are sell through and vapid ego stroking comments.
I don't disagree with you, I'm just saying that if she has to continue doing YouTube/Instagram (which she will because it's easy money), then doing it part time is the better option. With some form of discipline in her life, it might give her the push she needs in other areas of her life. She announced she was back only two weeks ago and still no new content! She talked such a big game about posting regularly, but I can't say I'm surprised. I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: 8
I wonder what the next excuse for her absence will be. We should start taking bets / playing Alix Absence Bingo.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But how is she making any money? I’m sure there’s some easy cash coming in from YouTube and affiliate links, but she hasn’t had a paid partnership in ages has she? And I remember someone posting her business accounts that clearly showed she hadn’t made much at all in the past couple years. Maybe I’m missing something, but surely the vast proportion of income influencers make is from paid ads, of which she’s had zero lately. Her YouTube views are so low, but maybe I’m underestimating how much she makes just from that?

But how is she making any money? I’m sure there’s some easy cash coming in from YouTube and affiliate links, but she hasn’t had a paid partnership in ages has she? And I remember someone posting her business accounts that clearly showed she hadn’t made much at all in the past couple years. Maybe I’m missing something, but surely the vast proportion of income influencers make is from paid ads, of which she’s had zero lately. Her YouTube views are so low, but maybe I’m underestimating how much she makes just from that?
Alix must be living off her mom's inheritance OR relying on her bf/family to cover her share of rent, utilities, food etc

possibly passive income from youtube videos made in the past? but then again how much could that be ... i bet living in London is quite expensive.

Reactions: 3
Alix must be living off her mom's inheritance OR relying on her bf/family to cover her share of rent, utilities, food etc
possibly passive income from youtube videos made in the past? but then again how much could that be ... i bet living in London is quite expensive.
She also sold her house before moving to London, also don't forget that influencers can easily make 2 000 + per Instagram post. One or two ads a month easily cover her living expenses and she probably gets vouchers for buying clothes or gets them for free.

Reactions: 5
She also sold her house before moving to London, also don't forget that influencers can easily make 2 000 + per Instagram post. One or two ads a month easily cover her living expenses and she probably gets vouchers for buying clothes or gets them for free.
She hasn’t had any ads or paid partnerships in a long time. Unless she doesn’t declare them?

I didn’t realise she owned her old house though, she could be living off that.

She hasn’t had any ads or paid partnerships in a long time. Unless she doesn’t declare them?

I didn’t realise she owned her old house though, she could be living off that.
If that’s true that’s so financially irresponsible

Reactions: 5
If that’s true that’s so financially irresponsible
At last, that's what she said/insinuated happened, but considering that she made her rented flat out to be something she/they brought I can say I am 100% sure. I got so confused when I found out it was rented, because she spent a small fortune painting, buying furniture/wardrobe etc., I seriously had the impression she brought the falt watching her moving vlog.

There is also a possible inheritance from her mother.

I Covet Thee Bingo: Upcoming videos and IG posts - place your bets now 😉😉

- Spring fashion haul - Zara or H&M (with AL, naturally!)
- Spring home haul - as above
- Get ready with me / vague life update with even vaguer references to MH
- wardrobe clear out / organisation
- DIY
- what I eat in a day / peloton update

• Haha
I Covet Thee Bingo: Upcoming videos and IG posts - place your bets now 😉😉

- Spring fashion haul - Zara or H&M (with AL, naturally!)
- Spring home haul - as above
- Get ready with me / vague life update with even vaguer references to MH
- wardrobe clear out / organisation
- DIY
- what I eat in a day / peloton update
Got to be some sort of haul so she can affiliate link everything and bring in the ££ surely?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Got to be some sort of haul so she can affiliate link everything and bring in the ££ surely?
I am just amazed at the capacity of someone to blatantly LIE to their audience about making and showcasing content and just going MIA. These influencers have it easy. yeah I said it. I can't imagine any other business or service in which you can get away with this kinda laziness.

I am just amazed at the capacity of someone to blatantly LIE to their audience about making and showcasing content and just going MIA. These influencers have it easy. yeah I said it. I can't imagine any other business or service in which you can get away with this kinda laziness.
Sadly it just shows how little she cares about her audience. We're just an audience for her to peddle money from brands off of.

Reactions: 11
Groundbreaking content just posted on IG and stories....yawn, yawn, yawn.
I expect a haul video or something with AL by the end of the week!!

Reactions: 4
I’ve unsubscribed. It’s so drab to have such boring, sad and inconsistent content in my feed, but I do truly hope her real life is more joyful than her online life!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.