Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair in the comments she mentioned he was just as ill as her, which is why he never took the tree down!
I’m sorry but they seemingly got dressed up and celebrate NYE, went on walks... not that long after testing positive. Not taking the tree out till Feb is just profoundly lazy. I honestly think she just has a very poor work ethic and as a youtuber/influencer can get away with it.

Reactions: 19
She kept saying 'we' throughout the video so I don't think she's split up with Joe. They were both just too lazy to do stuff like take down the tree.

Reactions: 2
I agree him and her seem fine AND IM HAPPY ABOUT THAT.
I am really glad they are healthy and thriving. It’s just that, we have been here in the past, something or the other coming up and Alix going into her shell.
I loved that at the end of the video she took accountability that I want to be able to power through situations better without disappearing.
BUT... given her history, I’m not interested to subscribe yet, I want to REALLY see her consistently put out content for me to stop coming here ...

Reactions: 6
She's focussed her whole life around him if they split you wouldn't see her for months/it would be a much bigger deal than her just not mentioning him much

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It’s definitely up to her what she does but I don’t think it’s doing her any good at all! It’s worrying.

Reactions: 3
I’m glad that she seems to have good support from Joe but I’m always so intrigued by couples where one is an influencer and the other not. If my partner casually decided March was the beginning of the new working year while I worked as normal, it would put a huge strain on our relationship. Not to mention she barely worked before.

Obviously, mental health is a very complicated thing with different kinds of support needed at different times BUT I wonder if he enables her to an extent that isn’t good for either of them. I feel harsh saying this but she is clearly very reliant on Joe in every way so I wonder how sustainable their relationship is? Again, I would support my partner through anything but there would come a point where if I was Joe I’d have to ask does this go beyond supporting my partner through thick and thin? Do I want to spend my life with someone who literally doesn’t do anything. Doesn’t work, doesn’t have friends, doesn’t seem to commit to anything, doesn’t seem to have any real goals to work towards? But they do walk to the bakery together so that’s something 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I'm sorry I just don't believe her story for a minute, something weird about it. Could be just me.

Reactions: 8
I’m glad that she seems to have good support from Joe but I’m always so intrigued by couples where one is an influencer and the other not. If my partner casually decided March was the beginning of the new working year while I worked as normal, it would put a huge strain on our relationship. Not to mention she barely worked before.

Obviously, mental health is a very complicated thing with different kinds of support needed at different times BUT I wonder if he enables her to an extent that isn’t good for either of them. I feel harsh saying this but she is clearly very reliant on Joe in every way so I wonder how sustainable their relationship is? Again, I would support my partner through anything but there would come a point where if I was Joe I’d have to ask does this go beyond supporting my partner through thick and thin? Do I want to spend my life with someone who literally doesn’t do anything. Doesn’t work, doesn’t have friends, doesn’t seem to commit to anything, doesn’t seem to have any real goals to work towards? But they do walk to the bakery together so that’s something 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m not saying it’s the case with these two, but I know 2 or 3 couples where one partner, usually the male, actively controls what their partner does. One definitely wants his wife in the house like the 1950s. Another also prefers his wife doesn’t work or use social media!!! All very alien to me and as I said I don’t think it’s the case here but it got me thinking!

Reactions: 4
I’m glad she has recovered from COVID and I’m sorry that happened to her.

However, I don’t think her story was ‘I‘ve been away because I was sick from COVID for months’. Rather, getting COVID (and recovering) and a number of other things caused her to spiral into another depressive episode in which she once again abandoned her career and isolated herself. There is no shame in suffering from depression and recognizing what it does to you. However, she normalizes the fact that she legit just stops working and goes through months thinking she just doesn’t want her career anymore. For someone else, the abrupt abandonment of work would have huge consequences. (I’m not necessarily saying that in the ‘she would just have to push through it!’ way because yes many do but also some do leave work), and you have to deal with that rather than just have yet another months long sabbatical where the comments are like ~omg take all the time you need~ when you return and nothing really changes.

Hearing her say she was second guessing YouTube itself, and then of course what does she decide? Oh, she’ll come back after all. Yes, they all do. They all end up coming back for another go because it’s so easy with crazy money. It’s like they never actually reevaluate their life, they just think the ‘new routine!’ thing is gonna change things.

I also agree that her freak out about not going home for Christmas was odd because she never should have planned to go and like... that is even more obvious since they both unknowingly had COVID and would’ve spread it around and across cities. Goes to show how important it was to ‘cancel Christmas’. I just found that whole thing very weird, like going on about how important Christmas was to you and bawling in your car but, oh yes turns out we had COVID even though I didn’t go anywhere. Hm.

Reactions: 14
I think she’s super co-dependent because she’s never really been by herself. It seemed like a very quick transition from Darren to Joe and they moved in together so soon after starting to date. I think her life revolves around her partners, which is probably why she has a hard time getting through difficult situations: she’s always got someone to rely on to do everything for her. She doesn’t have to be accountable to anyone or anything (work, kids, etc.). Someone above mentioned how she seems really maladjusted and I think that’s accurate. Obviously she’s had to endure significant loss and probably has abandonment issues (ironically, she’s totally fine abandoning work), but she doesn’t strike me as the most independent person.

Reactions: 13
Haven’t watched it yet. Where on earth did she get it? She doesn’t go anywhere!
supermarket, post office, courier interaction, on her post, on her food items, her takeaways or via joe who seems to go out more, possibly For work? I guess the tree stayed up as he was I'll too, or maybe he went and bubbled with a non inflected person.
She's focussed her whole life around him if they split you wouldn't see her for months/it would be a much bigger deal than her just not mentioning him much
Exactly this, she's put all her eggs in this basket. Big mistake, even if they were married ten years etc. She needs other support networks. He can leave at any time, fall out of love, or in love with another etc.

She worked at a make up counter in a big department store for a while when she lived with the dazzler. That would have been a routine? So she has had one post school. She never went to uni and, has spoken of an idea of being a maths teacher. Her dad used to send her maths problems for fun. ALIX seems like an intelligent woman, perhaps an open university degree in maths works give her purpose, routine and brain stimulation. Plus the feeling of graduating and achieving something challenging for herself! She has the time and the money, such a luxury!

I couldn't imagine dating an influencer or someone like alix, yes she has money but she's so lazy and, unmotivated. It really isn't attractive in a person no matter all their other great qualities and, when you get up at 5 or 6 am for work five days a week bleary eyed and achy to see your bf/gf snoring away next to you, knowing that they are unlikely to rise before midday, well that shizz breeds resentment!! Edited to add, also what do you talk about with them? How was your day dear? Well, I rearranged my designer bag collection and filmed it, then I made a tiktok coffee which was cool.

Arkward silence.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
supermarket, post office, courier interaction, on her post, on her food items, her takeaways or via joe who seems to go out more, possibly For work? I guess the tree stayed up as he was I'll too, or maybe he went and bubbled with a non inflected person.

Exactly this, she's put all her eggs in this basket. Big mistake, even if they were married ten years etc. She needs other support networks.

She worked at a make up counter in a big department store for a while when she lived with the dazzler. That would have been a routine? So she has had one post school. She never went to uni and, has spoken of an idea of being a maths teacher. Her dad used to send her maths problems for fun. ALIX seems like am intelligent woman, perhaps an open university degree in maths works give her purpose, routine and brain stimulation. Plus the feeling if graduating and achieving something challenging for herself! She has the time and the money, such a luxury!

I couldn't imagine dating an influencer or someone like alix, yes she has money but she's so lazy and, unmotivated. It really isn't attractive in a person no matter all their other great qualities and, when you get up at 5 or 6 am for work five days a week bleary eyed and achy to see your bf/gf snoring away next to you, knowing that they are unlikely to rise before midday, well that shizz breeds resentment!!

That would excellent. Doing a degree would be perfect. Joe needs to encourage her!!! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7

Exactly this, she's put all her eggs in this basket. Big mistake, even if they were married ten years etc. She needs other support networks. He can leave at any time, fall out of love, or in love with another etc.

She worked at a make up counter in a big department store for a while when she lived with the dazzler. That would have been a routine? So she has had one post school. She never went to uni and, has spoken of an idea of being a maths teacher. Her dad used to send her maths problems for fun. ALIX seems like an intelligent woman, perhaps an open university degree in maths works give her purpose, routine and brain stimulation. Plus the feeling of graduating and achieving something challenging for herself! She has the time and the money, such a luxury!

I couldn't imagine dating an influencer or someone like alix, yes she has money but she's so lazy and, unmotivated. It really isn't attractive in a person no matter all their other great qualities and, when you get up at 5 or 6 am for work five days a week bleary eyed and achy to see your bf/gf snoring away next to you, knowing that they are unlikely to rise before midday, well that shizz breeds resentment!! Edited to add, also what do you talk about with them? How was your day dear? Well, I rearranged my designer bag collection and filmed it, then I made a tiktok coffee which was cool.

Arkward silence.

You’re right, Alix is clearly lost and lacking both motivation and intellectual stimulation.

Doing something like a degree sounds like a good idea. She could do it part time. As you say, she is clearly an intelligent woman.

I hope she finds mental peace and happiness because she does seem to have either at the moment. She seems very codependent on whoever she is with at the time too.

I'm glad Alix is going back to therapy. She's too young and has her whole life ahead of her. So much potential....
I know she mentioned anxiety in past vlogs but I don't recall her admitting her 'shortcomings' before - e.g. not able to cope as well as others in similar situations, disappearing when she is down, not being consistent on YouTube etc....I do think she has the best of intentions when it comes to YouTube....for various reasons she has not been able to execute her vision and it's frustrating not only for her viewers but to her as well. She needs to find her niche - I think she does well with wellness, interior design and artsy/calming vlogging type of videos...I do hope therapy helps her and she starts being more open with new experiences... She did seem more happier and healthier in this vlog.

Reactions: 10
I'm glad Alix is going back to therapy. She's too young and has her whole life ahead of her. So much potential....
I know she mentioned anxiety in past vlogs but I don't recall her admitting her 'shortcomings' before - e.g. not able to cope as well as others in similar situations, disappearing when she is down, not being consistent on YouTube etc....I do think she has the best of intentions when it comes to YouTube....for various reasons she has not been able to execute her vision and it's frustrating not only for her viewers but to her as well. She needs to find her niche - I think she does well with wellness, interior design and artsy/calming vlogging type of videos...I do hope therapy helps her and she starts being more open with new experiences... She did seem more happier and healthier in this vlog.
I totally agree.. I know she's been inconsistent and many of you don't trust her anymore, but I totally could relate to her when she said it pains her to see other influencers posting and her not being able to do anything due to her mental health. I'm there... I see other people working a lot on social media, posting, all that stuff, and I feel I'm not doing enough all the time. I know that everything is perfect on instagram, but I still feel that way. I have to remember not to compare myself to others, we all have our own time and journey, that we're in the middle of a pandemic and we're all having a hard time and so on...
Sometimes it's hard for you to leave a job that you already know, that brings money... especially when you're not sure what to do. Changing is usually painful. It takes time, it's a process. It's great she's going back to therapy and this is the most important step. She'll find her way, I hope.

• Heart
I totally agree with lots of the points made here. For me what was almost most frustrating about this video was there was no acknowledgement of how privileged and lucky she is to be able to take TWO MONTHS off work because she had Covid. Obviously we don't know how bad her symptoms were but from the way she described them, they appeared to be on the milder end of the scale. If I had Covid, I'd likely be expected to keep working from home throughout. In fact, I had a miscarriage over Christmas (not said for sympathy, just mentioned in relation to having something traumatic happen over the Christmas period), and I was back to work on the 4th Jan like everyone else.

I wish her all the best, I really do, and I hope she cracks it this time, but it really felt like a kick in the stomach when thinking about her experience and disappearance in relation to what others have been through over this past year.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Isn’t Friday a “normal” Upload day? Is so, where’s her video? Or did I rage unsubscribe and forget?

• Haha
For anyone who thinks she should switch careers, it's good to remember we don't know if she's applying for jobs or courses or slowly trying to figure out other options. It's normal that you can't really announce at work that you'll be leaving as soon as you find something better. You'd have to find that "something better" first and then quit, so you're not left without an income in between. She's very privileged for sure but even for her it would be incredibly stupid to abandon an easy source of income like this if she doesn't have her next career move planned. Especially since this is a source of passive income too - she gets money through affiliate links etc. even when she's not doing anything at all.

Isn’t Friday a “normal” Upload day? Is so, where’s her video? Or did I rage unsubscribe and forget?
I am not surprised, that whole "check-in" was so ingenuine, she's not made any new content ever since. Even on Instagram, it's just reposts of old photos and someone else's content...

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.