Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Peleton thing is interesting because she categorically states that she couldn’t even get up, or barely go for a walk ... hmmm
I think she meant in January, not now which would add up with the screen shot of her profile?

Reactions: 1
Sorry but she’s always full of excuses

christmas was hard for Majority of people, but they still had to get on with it and go to work and not see their families.

she needs to take some accountability and realise the way she lives isn’t good for her. She needs a job where she interacts with people and actually has to do work and maybe answer to someone, its amazing what a but of routine can do for you!

Reactions: 20
Something on the lines of mental health + the lockdown + burnout lol
i hope you put money on this because you were absolutely spot on 😂
Such a rambled explanation & yet more life goals that will start gathering dust by end of March when she goes awol again..... 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That sucks that she had covid, hopefully she is feeling better and won’t suffer long term effects.

However agree with everyone above, I can’t see that it will really change her and her approach to her ‘work’. She needs someone to drive her, seek out brand deals etc. I reckon she’ll do a few more videos - March favourites, some kind of spring haul, maybe a self care/DIY video, and then disappear again.

Reactions: 8
She posted on New Years Day a walk with him... if she tested positive on the 23rd, she shouldn't have been out for 10 days, right?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
"I haven't been anywhere or stayed the night anywhere in the past year" didn't she go to Scotland in summer?

Also confused at not one single mention of Joe & whether he got it and what his symptoms were

Reactions: 24
She posted on New Years Day a walk with him... if she tested positive on the 23rd, she shouldn't have been out for 10 days, right?
She actually said she tested positive 2 days after the announcement that Christmas was cancelled which was the 19th December iirc? She lost her smell and taste 2 days before Christmas.

Reactions: 5
"I haven't been anywhere or stayed the night anywhere in the past year" didn't she go to Scotland in summer?

Also confused at not one single mention of Joe & whether he got it and what his symptoms were
Yep, plus the seaside - where she used to live? - a couple of times.

There’s so cryptic comments about ‘love’ and changing up the bedroom space in her stories, so maybe things have cooled off.

Reactions: 6
Update video:
She had a “breakdown” when Christmas was cancelled, she said she found it hard as she has happy memories around Christmas for her and her small family, was getting upset in the video
She tested positive for covid 2 days before Christmas. (Doing a series of tests before they were going to her family for Christmas, didn’t say if this was privately paid for) she felt scared and overwhelmed, she was very upset she got covid from sticking to the rules, mentioned people on Instagram that people on their closed friends lists they were having parties
She acts surprised like supermarkets weren’t the most common place to get covid.....
The second week - so Christmas she got progressively worse, lost her taste and smell. A month for it to come back
Would explain why she hasn’t been that frequently on the peloton (because she’ll still be recovering)
Her tree was up untill feb as she didn’t have the effort, she keeps saying me and mine
Waiting for her to say joe has left her because otherwise why couldn’t he have done it?
Says she struggled with YouTube; didn’t know who she was and lost her confidence, got guarded as she was “in the worst part of her life”
Now given herself a routine - so is time blocking
New year new me = starting a fresh and why she dyed her hair
Well, Covid explains the weight loss.

Reactions: 1
The gov announcement cancelling Xmas was on the 19th Dec. So she’s saying she tested positive on the 21st. Yet she got all dressed up for New Year’s Eve and was out for a New Year’s Day walk... she would have been just barely out of quarantine at this point. Yet she claims she was so incredibly unwell with covid that the entire months of Jan and Feb were a write off for her? Yeah no I don’t buy it sorry. Something is def off here/she’s not being fully truthful.

Reactions: 23
EXACTLY my thoughts... If she really "did" catch covid, then if she did not break rules before the virus, she sure broke them once she got it.

Reactions: 5
I've had covid, the 10days start from when you have your symptoms if you test positive, not from the day you get tested. She may have been allowed out.
She said she got a sore throat which she didn’t think was connected so I’m sure she wasn’t breaking the rules as her catching it would have happened days before she tested positive like you say

Sorry I really do feel sorry for her but I found it all a bit holier than though. She can’t just keep withdrawing into herself and from life. It’s a viscous circle. She needs a purpose. Maybe do some volunteering work. Also, if this is going to keep happening she should seek medical advice is she hasn’t already.

Reactions: 11
I used to really like her and still do. After Lydia’s #HairGateMegeddon, I unsubscribed from every influencer except for Alix because I wanted to give her a chance and see what her update video would be about / where she was.

But it just felt so flat and performative. And the thing I kept coming back to was: she doesn’t really seem all too well adjusted. I get that this pandemic is affecting everyone so differently, but I can’t imagine hanging so much weight on Christmas. I 100% get how important Christmas is for people, and it’s important for me too. However, I feel like building up events and things during this time when it’s so fluid is dangerous, because we’re almost always going to be disappointed, if you know what I mean. I have hope, but it needs to be tempered a little bit since I know the disappointment of, for example, booking a trip home and then needing to cancel it will cause me to feel super dark. (I haven’t seen my family in 2 years).

To me it sounds like she needs to build up her resilience, like in the end of the video she was talking about getting back up after a set back, etc. That’s resilience. I also cannot believe that she’s 28 years old and has never once had a routine, per her words. I think that explains a lot and why she’s struggling. I can struggle with routine too and getting into bad habits. I know what that viscous cycle feels like of not being able to break out of your bad habits / bad routine but desperately wanting to. then having a few days of a good routine and then slipping up and watching tv late into the night, for example.
I mean, who isn’t struggling with routine right now, but to then for her to have the privilege to say “I’m ignoring January and February and my new year is starting in March” was really just an absolute gut punch to anyone who’s been working, raising a family, homeschooling, and just trying to cope during this pandemic.

I agree with others that she needs to find a consistent part time job or something to force her to build routine in her life.

I truly hope she gets the help she needs and that she has more consistency, but I’m not sure I can stick around for another cycle of “I’m back” and then she disappears for months. She doesn’t owe me anything, and I know that, but I just need her consistency for the sake of my own consistency, if that makes sense. Maybe it’s trust rather than consistency— I’d like to trust that when I open up my YouTube, I can trust there’ll be a video there from her.

Ok. I’ve rambled on for far too long.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The only thing I can say is that she looked very good in this new video. The hair suits her and you can tell she lost a bit of weight - I always thought her face was a bit puffy before (might have been the hair colour that made her look different as well)!

Reactions: 8
i hope you put money on this because you were absolutely spot on 😂
Such a rambled explanation & yet more life goals that will start gathering dust by end of March when she goes awol again..... 😴

i agree! She’s generally okay with casually mentioning him in vlogs so it was super odd that she didn’t mention if he got it and quarantined with her even once. From the January New Years photos it seems he was.

Reactions: 6
To be fair in the comments she mentioned he was just as ill as her, which is why he never took the tree down! She looked great, and I think it is just her lifestyle, youtubers have that freedom where they don't have a standard routine so it is maybe just not the best job match for her personality. But she doesn't seem to be struggling with finances so it is up to her how she spends her days (Be it admittingly days on the couch!)

Hopefully she will work on a routine and focus on more on the job itself, she is still very young! She just seems a sweet person and I suppose it is better she admits she is not the best at uploads/schedules, she isn't a serious youtuber but a casual youtuber who can make enough just to live the way she wishes

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.