Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After seeing her stories, I just wished I could be able to go back to work only in march lol :ROFLMAO:
I liked her hair and the brows seemed a bit too much for me... Maybe she's going to the same brow lady Anna goes.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think she’s doing another job on the side, maybe she has been doing some freelance brand consultancy work or something which a lot of influencers do. It would be interested to see if she ever actually admitted to this

Reactions: 9
I think she’s looking really good! I like the hair colour. I wonder if she’s lost weight doing some Peloton.

Reactions: 5
She looks good. But I’m over it, sorry. I actually have a lot of understanding about mental health and taking needed health leaves/sabbaticals, but it’s obvious she’s just going to sporadically do this whenever she feels like it and then come back with a bait-y ‘update’ video that answers nothing as per usual, makes promises, and then after a while repeats the entire cycle.

Like I said, I support caring for your health above all else, and it is my personal experience with this exact thing that makes it so frustrating to watch people like Alix pretend as though they work a normal job where they took ‘time off’. The reference to ‘first day back at work’ is somewhat offensive to me. It’s not— it’s not the same at all to a job where you have a contract, a boss, and daily responsibilities and goals that must be met and taking MONTHS off has actual consequences and requires planning and sacrifice. But it’s like they all “play house” (or ‘play career’) online to look good or frame their disappearance as something it wasn’t. I mean, she’s wearing a suit to take pics on her room showing she’s ‘back at work’. How much more performative can you get? Why not come back with a new video, some content, and future plans? Instead “hey guyss... I cut my hair..”... and of course the typical, “Thank you to all the lovely people who asked if I was okay”.

If they could just be honest and be like— yeah this isn’t really a real job and I’m not worried anymore about losing followers so I’m just going to do with it what I please for now, I’m thankful this is what I can do to make a living though. Then fine! Instead they fully pretend as though they clocked out and had an official LOA.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Offfff courseeee miss 'oh hello guys long time no see' is back now🤣 it really rubbed me the wrong way her "I'm back 'at work' guys".... is she frickin serious!!!??? And that power suit on the last pic... too bad she didn't cover her nips properly🤭🙄🙄

Reactions: 15
The darker hair looks good, the brows don’t.

As I predicted, back after such a long, unannounced break and proposing to do a ‘life update’ video, which I’m guessing will have some vague references to MH and big plans for 2021 which won’t come to fruition. My bet is she’ll just go back to same cycle of beige hauls and beauty favourites....

Reactions: 13
It’s great to see her back & looking healthy (I personally really love the hair), I very nearly re-subbed as I’m excited to see some content from her, but then remembered we’ve been here before with her and she’ll probs disappear again in a month or so 👋🏼 Will follow her again when she’s being honest with her followers & actually sticks to a regular upload schedule

Reactions: 8
Can anyone screenshot her peloton profile? (No idea if that’s against any rules on here so ignore me if so!)

She looks good. But I’m over it, sorry. I actually have a lot of understanding about mental health and taking needed health leaves/sabbaticals, but it’s obvious she’s just going to sporadically do this whenever she feels like it and then come back with a bait-y ‘update’ video that answers nothing as per usual, makes promises, and then after a while repeats the entire cycle.

Like I said, I support caring for your health above all else, and it is my personal experience with this exact thing that makes it so frustrating to watch people like Alix pretend as though they work a normal job where they took ‘time off’. The reference to ‘first day back at work’ is somewhat offensive to me. It’s not— it’s not the same at all to a job where you have a contract, a boss, and daily responsibilities and goals that must be met and taking MONTHS off has actual consequences and requires planning and sacrifice. But it’s like they all “play house” (or ‘play career’) online to look good or frame their disappearance as something it wasn’t. I mean, she’s wearing a suit to take pics on her room showing she’s ‘back at work’. How much more performative can you get? Why not come back with a new video, some content, and future plans? Instead “hey guyss... I cut my hair..”... and of course the typical, “Thank you to all the lovely people who asked if I was okay”.

If they could just be honest and be like— yeah this isn’t really a real job and I’m not worried anymore about losing followers so I’m just going to do with it what I please for now, I’m thankful this is what I can do to make a living though. Then fine! Instead they fully pretend as though they clocked out and had an official LOA.
This 👏👏👏 thanks for summarising so well, I totally agree with everything you said. It’s an absolute JOKE she casually throws in that the 1st of MARCH is her first day back at work. I’m sorry WHAT?!? As a key worker who has been working long hours with minimal time off through the pandemic, I found her “return to social media” smug and absolutely off putting. She doesn’t even reliably put out content when she’s “working”.

She’s lost over 500 followers on Instagram today as per socialblade so her posts have obviously not been received very well.

Reactions: 24
This 👏👏👏 thanks for summarising so well, I totally agree with everything you said. It’s an absolute JOKE she casually throws in that the 1st of MARCH is her first day back at work. I’m sorry WHAT?!? As a key worker who has been working long hours with minimal time off through the pandemic, I found her “return to social media” smug and absolutely off putting. She doesn’t even reliably put out content when she’s “working”.

She’s lost over 500 followers on Instagram today as per socialblade so her posts have obviously not been received very well.
What do you think did it? The “first day back at work“ comment (on the first of March...)

Reactions: 4
What do you think did it? The “first day back at work“ comment (on the first of March...)
That, or it’s people who forgot that they followed her, and when she suddenly appeared in their feed decided that they were not interested in her anymore.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.