Icovetthee Alix Coburn #2 Nothing but crickets (and the occasional croissant)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The coat is straight up polyester like what is there to love here šŸ˜‚
Alix isn't the only one who does this... but insisting a bag can be worn crossbody and then forcing the strap over your head so it's jammed into your armpit trend is the absolute worst.

Just started vlogmas 5 and wont be continuing past the 2 minute mark because it's so beige and miserable. I don't understand the spiel about being busy and not being able to watch a Christmas film. What's she doing!? Also the comments about brain fog and not being able to function, sounds like she's either having genuine health concerns or she's overwhelmed with whatever it is she fills her days with.

I did particularly enjoy Alix saying we're not ready for the fashion statement she's making with her outfit and then panning down to show..... beige.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I think she epitomizes dressing how you feel. I'm sure a lot of people wear neutrals because they simply like to, but I can't help conflating the dull and dreary wardrobe with her loss of energy and personality. I really hope Alix can get the help she needs to find her spark again because it was wonderful and showed through her content

Reactions: 12
More beige content with the wrong day in the thumbnail. What a return to YouTube this has been.
Screenshot_20211218-163439_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I donā€™t get the beige trend. Surely in these dark times we could all do with some colour and joy!

I think Alix looks great in cream/white and those brighter light colours suit her and bring her to life a bit. The dark browns, the boring beige and heavy black colours look awful on her, especially when worn together.

Reactions: 9
I think she epitomizes dressing how you feel. I'm sure a lot of people wear neutrals because they simply like to, but I can't help conflating the dull and dreary wardrobe with her loss of energy and personality.
To be honest I don't think the neutral colors reflect her feelings, I think she's just too obsessed with this thought of having a certain aesthetic and creating just the right vibes for social media. So everything needs to fit the perfectly planned color palette etc. She might think the perfectly curated image is necessary or cool, but in fact it just sucks the life out of everything. I am absolutely certain that some colors would bring her joy, but she can't buy them because they would not look "right" in her Instagram feed.

Reactions: 23
To be honest I don't think the neutral colors reflect her feelings, I think she's just too obsessed with this thought of having a certain aesthetic and creating just the right vibes for social media. So everything needs to fit the perfectly planned color palette etc. She might think the perfectly curated image is necessary or cool, but in fact it just sucks the life out of everything. I am absolutely certain that some colors would bring her joy, but she can't buy them because they would not look "right" in her Instagram feed.
I agree but I also think forcing oneself to fit into an ā€œaestheticā€ for the survival of oneā€™s career sounds depressing

Reactions: 14
Cannot believe the flurry of Vlogmas videos after such a long absence. Just appears out of the blue like nothing has happened ā€¦

Reactions: 16
I actually have come to believe that Alix has serious issuesā€” I donā€˜t mean that in a flippant way or to be mean, but genuinely there is something wrong with what I assume are severe control issues of some sort? Itā€™s beyond perfectionism, but idk how youā€™d label it. She is obsessed with maintaining a certain control over her ā€˜aestheticā€™ and image or whatever youā€™d want to call it, to the point where she basically stops working completely, and honestly I know people assume she is just calm and chill on camera but at this point Iā€™m realizing she is robotic and wonā€™t do anything but speak gently at a low volume in a beige-neutral room in a loose neutral sweater because anything else escapes that bubble of control. And she pretends to just be calm and pleasant but I feel like there is something else going on there, itā€™s like you canā€™t imagine her losing that control for a second even to likeā€¦ laugh uproariously or weirdly? You know what I mean?

The thing is, she is financially stable from being a relatively successful YouTuber back in the day, so she is not yet ā€˜forcedā€™ to deal with those issues as others might be who find themselves unable to do their day-to-day activities because they arenā€™t getting an income.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I actually have come to believe that Alix has serious issuesā€” I donā€˜t mean that in a flippant way or to be mean, but genuinely there is something wrong with what I assume are severe control issues of some sort? Itā€™s beyond perfectionism, but idk how youā€™d label it. She is obsessed with maintaining a certain control over her ā€˜aestheticā€™ and image or whatever youā€™d want to call it, to the point where she basically stops working completely, and honestly I know people assume she is just calm and chill on camera but at this point Iā€™m realizing she is robotic and wonā€™t do anything but speak gently at a low volume in a beige-neutral room in a loose neutral sweater because anything else escapes that bubble of control. And she pretends to just be calm and pleasant but I feel like there is something else going on there, itā€™s like you canā€™t imagine her losing that control for a second even to likeā€¦ laugh uproariously or weirdly? You know what I mean?

The thing is, she is financially stable from being a relatively successful YouTuber back in the day, so she is not yet ā€˜forcedā€™ to deal with those issues as others might be who find themselves unable to do their day-to-day activities because they arenā€™t getting an income.
Her videos are too contrived I feel. To fit (what she feels is) the perfect aesthetic/perfect life. Itā€™s unrealistic and itā€™s unhealthy. Apart From being boring to watch.

Reactions: 11
I donā€™t understand how though, cos i thought YouTubers donā€™t make enough just from views anymore? And itā€™s all about the paid ads and partnerships? Maybe between YouTube views and affiliate links she makes enough to be comfortable, and of course her boyfriend will be paying a lot of their rent too.

Reactions: 3
I donā€™t understand how though, cos i thought YouTubers donā€™t make enough just from views anymore? And itā€™s all about the paid ads and partnerships? Maybe between YouTube views and affiliate links she makes enough to be comfortable, and of course her boyfriend will be paying a lot of their rent too.
I think this is why she's suddenly back for December. For that December adsense money to replenish her savings.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
I like Alix, but did anyone else laugh at how self-congratulatory she was in Vlogmas Part 6? She'd posted five videos and was so incredibly proud of herself for actually doing her job šŸ™‚

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Iā€™m sure they split expenses based on their incomes too. So if heā€™s making the majority of the money, heā€™s probably paying the majority of the expenses.

Reactions: 3