I will never buy from.. (fill in the blank) because they gift so much to social media influencers.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well F U again Sweaty Betty, they have gifted gym gear to wearsmymoney. I like Kate but she even admits pre lockdown she never exercised.

Reactions: 14
Iconic, seeing people flog it on numerous pages where they are clearly following a script really puts me off a product because it makes me think it must be pure tat!
It just reminds me of all the tit the GS cast flogging everyday something different - that 6 pack machine etc. pure shite and sadly people buy into it!

Reactions: 15
I suppose there is a good side to big companies giving freebies away, I get to deliver them which is a win win for me, motorcycle couriers don't come cheap and I do courier work for a number of the companies mentioned. I can't say who because that's classified information.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Lounge Underwear/Apparel - couldn’t believe the price of a pair of jogging bottoms and top when they literally send loads to every influencer.

and Benefit. Sending all those influencers to places like the Maldives, Mexico, Tokyo etc just to launch a mascara or blush. No, can’t give them my money.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I love this thread! Provides me with a comprehensive list of other brands to no longer purchase, although I think there will be barely any left afterwards.. 😂

Nars is a big one for me - always think of the trip when they took influencers and their partners to Bora Bora. Obscene. It’s literally like a slap in the face to the consumer.

Reactions: 40
Dyson!! Took months to decide to buy a Dyson as it's so expensive and paid nearly a grand of my hard earned money and saw influencers get it for free next month and get paid to sell it to me. Wtf!!

Reactions: 28
Anything that is promoted by wealthy people that should show goodwill at a really tough time. Instead it’s greed....
Will name a few
Gousto
Daniel Wellington
Ava May
Joules
Shark ( learnt the hard way buying their crap)
Everything promoted by Housebuild and Justalittlebuild

these people could do so much to promote a brand in a charitable manner. But their greed takes over.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh, how could I forget Charlotte Tilbury! I think she has been one of the worst offenders. I'm sure I remember reading that her prices are so steep because they decided to put so much money into advertising/buying influencers and not the actual products which are so hit and miss. I bought one of the lipsticks a few years ago (think it was called glaston-berry) and it was the so unbelievably dry to the point of being unusable.
I think the final straw with her was seeing her doing the in the bathroom series with Sali hughes and it was such a constant push of her own products it was laughable. I would have been too ashamed to put that video up if I had been sali!

I have seen small 'influencers' get £300 worth every time a new line comes out . I have used almost every brand of lipstick and hers was one of worst. Kiko entry lipsticks have a better formula. I will never buy from her again !

Reactions: 19
There are loads of companies I will not buy from, however my reasons have nothing to do with influencer's.

Apple (over priced, don't conform with industry standards yada yada)

Most sports brands because they are associated with famous people I lothe.

Starbucks, mainly because the swill they sell isn't IMO coffee.

And so on.

Reactions: 10
I honestly avoid any company that gives their stuff to the popular girls for free but expects me to pay.

Reactions: 21
Majority of the stuff given to Slimming World “influencers”

such as:-

hydratem8 bottles

Spices like JD (fell for it once; utter bollocks. Anyone with half a brain can make better stuff using basic herbs and spices)

that one cal f^cking jelly 😡 I really hate all that stuff

Sarah’s creative kitchen or whatever others punt pound land chocolate for big bucks

One from SW Gemma: low wood bay resort in Lake District. she is always there plugging it. Gutted as well as it does look pretty nice in fairness.

Only one I would probably continue buying is Urban Decay. Have loved their stuff for over 10 years; amazing and it’s good to get an ethical brand that’s good (minus the influencer gifting malark) not 100% why they need to go down this route? They’re well established and have a big base following anyway. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Nip and fab
Sweaty betty
Ashiana
Nivea
Johnson's
Jo Malone
D Wellington (although I've never bought from them I never would even enter a shop now)
Tesco clothing
regatta coats - so many gifted but never worn

These are just a few.

Reactions: 8
Not that I’ve ever been in Matalan but I would never shop in there after they sent a load of ‘influencers’ to a luxury retreat (can’t remember where), kitted them out for the stay & then sent them home fully kitted out for their family too to promote a campaign they were running...with a CHARITY 🤯 So they could give all of that for free, yet muggins everyone else had to fork out for the pyjamas 🤯 Unbelievable!

Any company that gives an ‘influencer’ anything for free to promote a charity & any ‘influencer’ who accepts items for free to promote a charity fully aware the public will then have to go & buy those items really need to rethink their campaign imo 😤 If ‘influencers’ had an ounce of integrity they’d make a financial contribution to offset their freebies!

Reactions: 23
Flash/P&G, if I can help it. Their recent exercise campaign was dreadful and getting the anorexic Beckyhomesweethome to act as ambassador just sucked.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Nip and fab
Sweaty betty
Ashiana
Nivea
Johnson's
Jo Malone
D Wellington (although I've never bought from them I never would even enter a shop now)
Tesco clothing
regatta coats - so many gifted but never worn

These are just a few.
I love Tesco clothing! Well, I did. I bought 2 gorgeous dresses in there this time-ish last year. Couple days later I saw influencers wearing them for free!! When is spent £45 of my hard earned cash. I was so pissed off! I don’t often buy new clothes for myself so it was a real treat. They’re still in my wardrobe with the tags on - I didn’t feel the same about them after.

• Sad
Reactions: 9