I will never buy from.. (fill in the blank) because they gift so much to social media influencers.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lush - stopped following most beauty YouTubers a few years ago, but they always had gifted Lush hauls that were obscene amounts of bath bombs etc. I really fell out with them when I had an issue with one of their products and they couldn’t care less yet they’ll always make time for influencers.

It’s a shame about Seasalt as they’re actually a really nice company.

Reactions: 5
Too many! It’s infuriating. When will these marketing graduates realise exclusivity still means something.

The latest one for me is Espa - seen far too many low follower Instagram accounts receiving gifted items. A skincare brand that gives products to slimming world accounts that look like they usually wash their face with shower gel obviously don’t need my custom!

Reactions: 6
Yes Swan take the absolute piss!

Was also pissed off with GHD when an influencer went to the USA for a few days and left theirs at home.... Only to be GIFTED one whilst they were there!

Reactions: 2
Iconic

Never bought from them but they seem to gift every single influencer! I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before they get in touch with me with my 168 followers 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can’t stand her. She is really fake believe me. She’s only interested in upping her own profile. Sad what she has gone through but I contacted her a while back and mentioned my own baby loss/ivf journey and because I don’t have many followers she was so abrupt and rude and unsympathetic. No help or support at all to me. All that glistens isn’t gold.
This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. She’s a naus; and so much for the “I won’t be posting endless bump pics”. Whatever 🙄

Reactions: 1
Today I messaged glossybox and Barrym as they have gifted O'D today.

I just say general public are fed up of having to pay when they are giving for free to insta influencers and that they are being put on a boycott list

Iconic as they gift to anyone it seems. they gifted chloe life with the busbys who doesn't even wear make up and couldn't be any further from a beauty influencer

Regatta. Having said that, it’s cheap shite that’s about as useful in the great outdoors as a bleeping aspirin. I’ll stick to my Rab, Mountain Equipment and Solomon while regatta lose money by gifting it to instamothers who’ve never clapped eyes on a hiking route. Also, Regatta - please understand that little boys actually have arse cheeks so please start to include arse room in your boys clothing.

• Haha
This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. She’s a naus; and so much for the “I won’t be posting endless bump pics”. Whatever 🙄
What’s a naus? 😀. I agree, also the way she answers her followers sometimes I think is just rude. You can see it more when you are not following the person, as you are a bit distanced from it xx

Jo Malone is the biggest one for me. I used to buy a lot from them, but seeing their prices creep up over the past few years whilst every influencer and their dog is sent whole collections has just cheapened the brand for me.

The body shop.

Benefit. Can't get over that they collaborated with Anna Saconne.

Hush. I like some of the styles but the quality has become really poor and again expensive for what it actually is. I've seen too many influencers clearly sponsored by them and not being honest about it which really puts me off. I wish brands would research more who they actually send stuff to.

Function of Beauty. Again too many people lying about being sponsored by them. They must think we are stupid.

Agree with Desinio. Reminds me of Athena in the 80s, and all their prints look the same. :LOL:

I totally agree about hush. I have a very expensive cardigan by them which has gone really baubly. Also owned quite a few of their jumpers and blouses - all awful quality. I have their leopard print joggers and they have Faded really badly. Totally overpriced crap in my opinion.

What’s a naus? 😀. I agree, also the way she answers her followers sometimes I think is just rude. You can see it more when you are not following the person, as you are a bit distanced from it xx
It’s a local saying for someone who is nauseating!
Yep, she’s so rude. Actually, I think she’s just very up her own @rse!

Adidas - a shame as I like it but they hand out hauls of loads of clothes and trainers to any male aged 16-35 years old who lives in London and raps.

Ava May - I would buy from any wax merchant except for her. I dont know why she sends out such massive hauls to Mrs Hinch all the time. It isnt like you can smell the product she is peddling down the phone.

Charlotte Tilberry - mediocre make up for extortionate prices.

Any company involving a water bottle of any kind I can guarantee have given out shed loads of it.

Shark - again anything involving Mrs Hinch. Besides I do not know of one single person who bought this hoover and was blown away by it.

There was another hoover company that was giving away hoovers to "influencers" from the cleaning community the christmas before last - to just about anyone. It somewhat annoys me much more as usual folk when it is done in the run up to christmas.

Also "Browzer".

Just no thanks. It is literally just one of those plastic coated blades you can buy from beauty shops for a quid only this thing retails at around 15 quid... just because Belle Hussan and some other love island women declare they shave their faces with it.

Since when has women shaving their faces been a thing?

Last edited:
I ordered some prints from Desenio, they were absolutely dreadful quality and clearly nothing more than a photo copy on cheap thin paper. Plus they took an age to arrive!

Desenio - I think some of their prints are nice. just they come with awful cheap looking frames.

Reactions: 3
Fabletics. Never keen on the subscription anyway but they'll chuck their stuff at absolutely anybody. Really cheapened it for me.

Another for spicentice.

Also, any/all brand of chub rub solution!! Feel like I see the same products on rotation with the plus size bloggers/grammers all day, every day.

For me,during this whole pandemic with people out of work,losing jobs and generally just worried to death about what was gonna happen,the whole gift/ad thing has really disgusted me.There's a home influencer with 40000 followers who's been gifted a bed,chest of drawers,bench and various other home accessories from the Cotswold Co. which she flaunts daily.Bloom and wild flowers,NOTHS wall mural worth 250 pounds,Juniqe wall art,Kitchen aid mixer,tiles,rugs various other bits of tit.Shes now been asking people's recommendations on a Hoover and selling her sofa so no doubt that's 2 more incoming.It all just feels such bad taste,she even did a video telling people she would continue to do the ads and gifteds during the pandemic so she was "supporting small businesses"!I hate that it's all as if it's for someone else and all the thousands of pounds worth of free stuff is just a happy coincidence!

Reactions: 9