I will never buy from.. (fill in the blank) because they gift so much to social media influencers.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Zoflora, Jojo mamam Bebe, Sarah’s creative kitchen, jd seasoninh, bravissimo and that planner woman, can’t remember what she’s called but all the SW influencers have her tit gifted to them. JD Seasoning... can people not buy their own spices and mix themselves it’s not rocket science!!!

Reactions: 5
Couldn’t agree more with Iconic London, I used to love their products but seeing every single influencer get them bundle makes me sick!

Reactions: 3
Just off the top of my head, Chicco Next2Me cribs get given to every Z lister and there's nothing special about them anyway, and those Perfct Prep machines that all celebs use when they give up thr charade of trying to breastfeed.

Reactions: 1
Yes to all the brands listed so far but will add Seasalt, every mummy blogger influencer has those bloody sandals!!
Add elomi, Bravissimo, Playful Promises, Curvy Kate and brastop website, I’m sick of seeing bloggers gifted bras they can well afford which cost me a fortune- big boob problems.
I had no idea bravissimo did this ☹ but their customer service is ok they sent me a £10 voucher last year for raising a complaint, still puts me off shopping with them anymore now I know this.

Zoflora, Jojo mamam Bebe, Sarah’s creative kitchen, jd seasoninh, bravissimo and that planner woman, can’t remember what she’s called but all the SW influencers have her tit gifted to them. JD Seasoning... can people not buy their own spices and mix themselves it’s not rocket science!!!
Princess planning relating to the planner woman? Overpriced it’s actually ridiculous when you could buy your own from like the works at a major fraction of her pricing

Reactions: 2
Forgot to ad Murad skincare. It costs a fortune and I’ve spent my hard earned cash buying this stuff, only to see it gifted to some twobit influencers who wouldn’t dream of putting their hands in their deep pockets to buy it themselves, let alone probably ever even heard of the product!

Reactions: 4
I have loved Jo Malone for yeeeeears since before they were on influencers radar. But their prices are so steep now.

It's not like I'd be looking to buy one anyway, but Thermomix/Vorwerk. They have a highlight on their instagram titled 'influencers' and that says it all really. Each machine is around £1,000 and they gifting them like crazy, during a pandemic no less.

Alo Yoga as well.

Dyson (I have a hoover, fan & hairdryer) but won't be replacing if I should ever need to, they have gifted so much shite to 'influencers' recently, it's disgusting. Also Charlotte Tilbury, Iconic London, Sweaty Betty, Space NK (disappointingly)

Reactions: 5
I wouldn't buy anything these influencers 'recommend' they are scammers and its a shame these companies that give them £500 vouchers to spend didn't give it to a more deserving person like some NHS workers. I feel sorry for the young people watching them because all they are teaching them to do is spend spend spend and people like Gemma Louise Miles promoting the manifesting bullshit to innocent followers really pisses me off. According to her you just ask the universe for what you want and it brings it to you like her Range Rover. So its got nothing to do with the £10.000 pay cheques you get then? I'll tell you what Gemma I'll take all your money away, you go and work in Asda and see how fast you get your Range Rover then! If it was as easy as asking the universe to answer your wishes there would be no homeless people, parents struggling to put food on the table for their children and people dying of cancer, no we'd all be sat in our half a million pound houses with our Jaguars on the drive.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just a quick one is there any brands that do gift to influencers that you WOULD buy from? (as in they manage to get it right and pick suitable people) or is just a complete no go

Reactions: 1
Just a quick one is there any brands that do gift to influencers that you WOULD buy from? (as in they manage to get it right and pick suitable people) or is just a complete no go
For me personally it’s totally off putting. I cannot bare to see #AD of #Gift, I don’t usually even bother to watch or look any further.
Brand/companies Giving away enormous pieces of furniture, kitchens and bathrooms is just obscene. It’s also seeing the same brands gifting the same people everytime all to be promoted on the same week. I think these brands do themselves absolutely no favours using ‘influencers’ who seem to think they’re famous and the World owes them a living For doing diddly squat! It’s also the fact that they accept it all whether they like it or not.
I’d much rather see a Beautiful professional model wearing an outfit than some twobit influencers ( who think they’re supermodels) stood amongst the weeds in their back garden doing the teapot pose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Glossy box! I really want to try them but refuse to as they sponsor the likes of Demi Donnelly and I’m just not down with that 🤣

I've bought Bumble and Bumble hair stuff after seeing JessOnThePlusSize using it (but I don't think she was gifted it actually - I think she paid for it).

I've bought clothes after seeing people a similar size/shape to me wearing them, but this isn't usually brand-specific BUT what I would really like to see is not just the "haul" coming out of the packets, but an update a few weeks later saying whether it washed well, kept its shape etc (God I'm middle-aged!) - I think I'd be much more inclined to spend if I could get a feel of not just price, but whether it's value for money.

I've bought make up recommended by some influencers, but not skincare - I think you need to give it a really good try over a few weeks and I don't believe those who have loads of gifted skincare can really be trying all of them out over a sustained period. I have a monthly subscription box which sends sample sizes of products out and I'm more likely to buy something I've actually been able to sample over a week or so than something an influencer recommends BUT I did watch quite a few unboxing videos from influencers before deciding which subscription box to sign up for.

On the other hand I'm in the market for a decent BBQ after having cheap ones which haven't lasted and I'm actively avoiding Weber and Outback.