I will never buy from.. (fill in the blank) because they gift so much to social media influencers.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody HATE Function of Beauty. I've also had their sponsored posts come up on my fb feed and all the comments are people saying how tit it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Glossybox replied to me today.

Influencers are sent the box to promote them.

We (read mugs) choose to subscribe to them ...........

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I love ted baker and it's my one favourite brand that I really really like! I have just seen someone do an ad for them! Aghhhh I'm so annoyed as I don't want ted baker to become this cheap brand giving free stuff to all the influencers. Nevermind lol

Reactions: 2
I can’t stand her. She is really fake believe me. She’s only interested in upping her own profile. Sad what she has gone through but I contacted her a while back and mentioned my own baby loss/ivf journey and because I don’t have many followers she was so abrupt and rude and unsympathetic. No help or support at all to me. All that glistens isn’t gold.
I actually know her in real life. She’s genuinely a lovely person. She’s from the same town as me originally. And the fact she has said she won’t be accepting freebies for this baby speaks volumes.
If someone offered me a £1000 washing machine obv I’d take it.

Reactions: 1
I actually know her in real life. She’s genuinely a lovely person. She’s from the same town as me originally. And the fact she has said she won’t be accepting freebies for this baby speaks volumes.
If someone offered me a £1000 washing machine obv I’d take it.
What, even if your husband earned £200K a year and you were a published author yourself....?

Fair play to her for not accepting free stuff for the new baby but i) I think she's savvy enough to understand the backlash she'd probably face if she turned the baby into a cash cow and ii) they are bleeping loaded so don't need to.

Reactions: 3
What, even if your husband earned £200K a year and you were a published author yourself....?

Fair play to her for not accepting free stuff for the new baby but i) I think she's savvy enough to understand the backlash she'd probably face if she turned the baby into a cash cow and ii) they are bleeping loaded so don't need to.
My boyfriend works in Dubai and yes he earns in the region of that, I do not. Yes it’s an income coming into to our household. But she’s making money like many others off the back of Instagram, I understand why she doesn’t work anymore but wants her own income.
Very very little money is made from being a published author. You need to be a regular best seller to receive regular large incomes.
Look at multimillionaires they still love a freebie when they could afford it tenfold. I’m not saying it’s 100% ethical but is human nature.

Let's add Boohoo to the list. Used to buy the occasional item, but am now horrified buy their treatment of staff.

Reactions: 9
Scamp and Dude
Marks and Spencer. I was a massive M&S food lover so this one is really disappointing.
Next/Very/Argos

When will brands learn, most people do not want to see their stuff being given out for free to people who make money selling anything that comes their way! Really cheapens the brand, not to mention the moral aspect of it. 99% of these floggers use the item or whatever once for the thank you freebie post or the campaign and it’s never ever ever seen again

Reactions: 9
Invisalign. I’m paying ££££ to get mine done and I keep seeing random influencers being gifted their treatment and during lockdown!!!

Im seeing lots mummy bloggers being sent childs farm stuff and its annoying me as i spend loads on this as its the only thing that doesn’t irritate my daughters eczema and i hate they are getting it for free when they can easily afford it
Same! I should take out shares in that company

Invisalign. I’m paying ££££ to get mine done and I keep seeing random influencers being gifted their treatment and during lockdown!!!
Ah, I want to look into Invisalign myself, shame they are gifting it to celebs all the time.

I’ve been massively put off by Lush and the insane amount they gift to influencers. Their products are so expensive for us normal folk, yet these influencers just have stacks and stacks of bath bombs that would last them years - it’s just ridiculous.

Also hugely put off by ethical & sustainable companies gifting items to well known unethical & unsustainable influencers who’s main content is fast fashion hauls.

I don't live in the UK so this wouldn't apply to me but if I did I wouldn't touch celebrity hairdressers with a barge pole- Josh Woods and Hersheshons. Influencers go there for free while the plebs on the street subsidize them

Reactions: 6
I don't live in the UK so this wouldn't apply to me but if I did I wouldn't touch celebrity hairdressers with a barge pole- Josh Woods and Hersheshons. Influencers go there for free while the plebs on the street subsidize them
Josh Wood for sure. Sam and Nic Chapman plus their families for a start 🙄

I’ve been massively put off by Lush and the insane amount they gift to influencers. Their products are so expensive for us normal folk, yet these influencers just have stacks and stacks of bath bombs that would last them years - it’s just ridiculous.

Also hugely put off by ethical & sustainable companies gifting items to well known unethical & unsustainable influencers who’s main content is fast fashion hauls.
completely agree about lush- lush is so dear and probably only get about one bath bomb a year and it’s such a big event using it 🤣 yet zoella just throws one in her bath every other day and it means nothing to her it’s just an everyday product to influencers!

Reactions: 7
That bloody readly now everyone plugging it! Also that print place begins with d bloody playful den plugging it today 🙄