Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is still the photo the BBC uses on their “Who we are” page 🥺

CB48FF6E-ABD0-48DF-8B5E-AE16229F6EE1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
You never know he might make a come with a Sun world exclusive

’Why I got my arse out on the internet‘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I predict that he'll .emerge in "Movember" to do an exclusive with the BBC about the stigma of men's mental health and the bad choices that can be made when it comes to coping mechanisms and self-medication.

How The Bottom Fell Out Of My World..by The Huw Edwards. #BeKind...or else.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
‘I’ve spent so many years sitting on it I thought viewers might like to see it for a change‘.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Found this whilst browsing on the BBC website:

It's a video about the BBC News Mission Statement posted on Sept 12 featuring Clive and some of the other news presenters and correspondents. It feels like a dig at Huw

a) because he's very glaringly missing
b) now they come up with this stuff? Sure 🤨
c) and Clive does this Huw impression with his emphasising the last word of a sentence in an upward pitch. Does Clive usually do this? It sounds very Huw-esque.

Bitter? Who, me? 😅
---
One more thing that I just came across, a 2021 article in Byline Times by a Patrick Howse, a former BBC reporter and producer, about an incident where Huw tweeted the Welsh flag or something during a rugby match. That's kinda irrelevant but I thought this was interesting:

"He (HE) has never lost that sense of joy and I have never heard a colleague say a bad word about him (which is not something that can be said for every high-profile BBC newsreader or presenter)."

Opinions on Huw as a colleague were clearly divided on the workfloor. :unsure:

---
Eta: not undermining anyone who felt that wasn’t their experience of HE on the workfloor. Someone can be very charming to some and gross and overly friendly to others.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
That entire video really does feel like a slight on Huw! And Clive comes across as really smug there, doesn’t he!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
I didn’t see my elderly grandmother during lockdowns. I was too scared to visit her even outside of lockdowns in all honesty (she lives a big distance away so it would inevitably involve plane travel or long exposure to other members of the public).

turns out those were the last few years of her life. She died in 2020 and I didn’t get to see her. I didn’t get to throw her a funeral. I didn’t get to say goodbye. She became increasingly lonely and worried about getting covid and dying alone. In her dying days, I couldn’t go to hospital to say goodbye to her.

so frankly, I find it disgusting that someone who held responsibility on reporting on these lockdowns - who used their influence and responsibility to report and ask compliance from the rest of the U.K. - for them to have broken it for a quick shag..? That’s disgusting (and I don’t care if that was a same sex shag or not). It’s utterly contemptible. I find it abhorrent and worthy of being removed from that well paid position of influence and responsibility. Anyone who could do that was never worthy of the role to begin with.

what I also cannot abide is people who shrug it off as not a big deal. You didn’t lose a loved one during covid? Lucky you. But at least have some empathy for those of us that did and endured our pain for the greater good.

I didn’t break lockdown once. Not once.
yip agree with you!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
He should be a bit better by now, so why not a word. Why hasn't he issued a statement through his wife or legal team. He's hoping this is all going to go away.

Man up and face the music!

Reactions: 5