Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

L3moning

VIP Member
I mean, I'd be pretty fucking angry if the parents of a random hookup decided to try and have The Sun call me a nonce.

But I'm also not 62 years old and not married.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Having tried therapeutic gardening, Huw decided to take part in a session of art therapy 😌

EE94C3D7-DB1F-4DC7-8043-CC9159E29893.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Noooo, I can’t cope with the mental image of Huw in a threesome. 😫 I’m still struggling with seeing him in a onesome with his arse on display. 😫

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Huw could do Strictly in a pair of leather chaps. Making sure everyone gets a view of his pert arse.

• Haha

thegossboss92

You put your fingers right on the pain points, @cee-bee. It’s complicated.

Even though I’ve mentioned it here as a possibility, I actually hope he doesn’t go the light entertainment route. I think Matt Hancock is showing us loud and clear that desperation is not a good look. I’d prefer Huw does something like maybe a railway travel thing like Michael Portillo or obviously some geeky documentaries.

But I also see that he can’t ‘just’ go and do those, he’d need to come clean on all the messy stuff that has lead to this moment. I’m still super concerned about the lockdown allegations. And I guess we’d need to know whether deep down he’s just a huge ******* and everything is par for the course or whether he’s not a huge ********* but a troubled person who made some very bad choices. So far, from what we’ve seen of him over the years, my guess is number 2.

thegossboss92

Yeah, I think that article is a leetle bit over the top when it comes to describing Huw and Vicky’s situation:

His wife, Vicky Flind, who one could argue is one of the only people whose business her husband's alleged behaviour actually is, defended him vociferously.

"In one short and sharp but human and balanced statement, she underlined his struggles with mental health, reminded the world that it was no one's business, and demanded privacy for him and her family. It worked. Celebrities and colleagues jumped to his defence, setting Twitter ablaze with statements of support and solidarity.

"Had Flind not come to Edwards' defence in a calm, collected but precise way, Edwards' career would be in tatters. Hers was a crisis communications masterclass that defanged social media and The Sun, allowed the BBC to react in a balanced way and paved the way for others to come out and defend him.

1. she didn’t defend him at all, let alone ‘vociferously’.
2. I haven’t seen a lot friends and colleagues jumping to his defense either. Definitely Jon Sopel and maybe Piers Morgan saying he was a “stand up guy”. Who else? Nor was Twitter really ablaze with support, more with shock.
3. The “crisis communication masterclass” was probably by Andy Coulson but very kindly Vicky put her name to it. She did do Huw a solid there.
4. So far his career is in tatters and we’ll have to see if it can be untattered 😰

Reactions: 9

moldwarp

VIP Member
You have to be seriously, SERIOUSLY mentally ill to be unfit to have a meeting with your employers after six months. It could be done on Teams even. He wouldn't even have to attend in fact, his lawyer could speak for him.

I don't think he's "unfit" at all, I think he's just trying to spin it out as long as possible.

• Sad
Well if he is out and about, sneaking out of his treatment center or not, it’s only a matter of time before he is photographed. He is pretty well known. What a stupid action, but Huw can afford to pay lawyers.

Wonder where he was papped, is it the photo taking he disagrees with or was it the location where he was papped.

Yel

Chatty Member
Hasn't Claire Balding ruined enough things as is?! It's like the BBC are purposefully going all scorched earth.

• Haha

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Didn’t realise how much Huw has changed in recent years. His face shape looks completely different in each photo. Was Huw 1 abducted by aliens? 🤔

464A2F54-1FD9-4E27-B2DB-D79A823834BC.jpeg

• Haha

Multi-21

VIP Member
New thread in case anything should come up

All quiet at the moment while the BBC investigates and Huw is recovering

• Heart

ochebalboa

He got caught and created drama. The bloke is a perv and his career has ended. People have been sticking up for him because he's not on a Right wing channel or deemed to be RW.

Doesn't matter. He's a perv

cee-bee

VIP Member
Whoever Huw has paid for image management are doing a stellar job. Virtually no reporting on him in the past couple of months, he hasn’t had to release any statements or make any sort of public comment. Now they are quietly reframing his public presence while he’s off sick and claiming his full pay from the BBC presumably.

lilyannrose

VIP Member
It makes me really angry he got all that money for being signed off but if he's updating his linkedin, he is now all of a sudden well enough to return to work but only after the whole BBC thing had been conculed? Calculating git if you ask me. Every time anyone is caught doing something wrong now their go to is statements about their mental health and hiding away in 'treatment'... must be great if you can afford that.

Meanwhile people with all too persistent mental health issues through no fault of their own can't even see a GP right now and most won't be working cushy jobs where they get full pay for endless time off.

Makes me seethe.

• Heart