Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
wonder how HE’s treatment is going?
I would pay good money to be in his group therapy sessions!

I wonder how many times he's tried to run away and then remembered what the alternative is... halfway up the gravel driveway he remembers the tabloid press and turns back around in a state of despair

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder if Huw was close to ex-BBC boss Mark Thompson who’s just become the new CNN boss. Could be a nice gig in it for Huw if he played his cards right.

CNN needs ratings. Wouldn’t the US audience just eat him up (dude who announced the Queen’s death!! That’s equivalent to Downton Abbey chique) or is Huw’s journalistic credibility too shot?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I wonder if Huw was close to ex-BBC boss Mark Thompson who’s just become the new CNN boss. Could be a nice gig in it for Huw if he played his cards right.

CNN needs ratings. Wouldn’t the US audience just eat him up (dude who announced the Queen’s death!! That’s equivalent to Downton Abbey chique) or is Huw’s journalistic credibility too shot?
I'm not too sure about the americans but I hear tell they can be wayyyy more uptight and conservative with a small c than the brits (with the exception of a few states that are more known for being far out anything goes) - after all, we're talking about people who have only recently voted to ban abortion in several states. I think after the whole 'me too' movement shook up the entertainments, movie and modelling industries, they're probably keen to steer clear of anyone who already comes with unsavoury baggage. That's just my suspicion.

I should get paid for giving good careers advice but the best thing HE could do is lie low, retire out of the public arena, and write a memoir or two. Childhood going into young adulthood autobiography followed by a reflection on his career plus anecdotes and inside stories of interesting people then a slightly wistful reflective review of his BBC career with a tinge of regret and a bit confessional. Three books right there that the public would lap up. And he can read them in his own voice for audible. Then sell the movie rights. Job done.
---
HE could do reality TV - CBB and the Jungle etc. As long as he hasn't committed any crimes. That's doable and realistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
HE could do reality TV - CBB and the Jungle etc. As long as he hasn't committed any crimes. That's doable and realistic.
I guess if his mental health gets better he would consider these options for the money, he seems a very troubled person so I'm not so sure, if he's done nothing illegal then hopefully he can just get over his embarrassment of his secret life and be open and honest with himself and the public.

It's the first anniversary of the Queen's death on Friday so could be tricky for the BBC if they are planning to mark the day as we all know who officially broke the news to the nation..

I can't see HE wanting to remain "silently retired"..He's hardly a shrinking violet.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
It's the first anniversary of the Queen's death on Friday so could be tricky for the BBC if they are planning to mark the day as we all know who officially broke the news to the nation..

I can't see HE wanting to remain "silently retired"..He's hardly a shrinking violet.
Well unless he's thinking of setting up his own broadcasting company then IMO he's not going to be on anyone's TV screens ever again, most especially not via the BBC. I did flippantly suggest he could do reality TV but on consideration, even that is hardly likely to be available to him.

Reactions: 6
I can’t see him going down the reality tv route
I don’t think he is like Paul Burrell where anything to be in the public eye is better than nothing

I think he might go into writing books or be on the radio instead

I said on the Schofield thread he’d be on the most shocking celebrity moments of the year list in December but I guess Huws appearance on that might be limited by whether he is out of treatment by that stage. Personally I don’t think we need or should get updates on how he is until he is finished with that and issues his own statement. Interesting there have been no leaks at all compared to Schofield who seems to have new stories/sightings every week

Reactions: 10
IAC seems to enjoy having controversial guests. Matt Hancock? Knob-sending-pics-aholic Amir Khan, pisshead scumbag Katie Pwice, drug addled Kerry Katona. HE can show his bum in the waterfall shower! Maybe they can get Schofe in for the same series and they can have an arse showing battle!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can’t see him going down the reality tv route
I don’t think he is like Paul Burrell where anything to be in the public eye is better than nothing

I think he might go into writing books or be on the radio instead

I said on the Schofield thread he’d be on the most shocking celebrity moments of the year list in December but I guess Huws appearance on that might be limited by whether he is out of treatment by that stage. Personally I don’t think we need or should get updates on how he is until he is finished with that and issues his own statement. Interesting there have been no leaks at all compared to Schofield who seems to have new stories/sightings every week
Two aspects to this - Firstly, Schofield isn't declaring himself unfit to function in a way that constitutes 'medically unwell', plus he is also courting the press making little statements here and there and he's out and about now and then being seen / papped. Secondly, the press legally cannot report on anything to do with HE as long as he is declared legally and medically unwell - it's a violation of privacy and even if they have been supplied photos of him coming and going from a treatment centre or they've tip offs from members of staff who work in treatment centre, they quite literally cannot do anything with them. The full force of the law would come down on anyone who publishes such things.

Possibly a tiktoker or youtuber might leak stuff but AFAIK this hasn't happened.

Seems that HE has installed himself into somewhere very discreet, probably overseas, and probably for a long long time (I have always said minimum 12 months) and his privacy and confidentiality is being maintained from leaks, prying eyes, and paps.

I'm sure we all know the first person who gets that photo or video footage of HE emerging back into the real world will make a lot of money from it.

I agree with @neroli, I can’t see Huw doing the “quietly retired” thing for long. He’s way too driven for that. Any confessional type books or editorials he’d do would surely be for the purpose of landing him sort of new media venture.

I on the other hand would like to retire today and do f*ck all for the rest of time 😂.

• Haha
IAC seems to enjoy having controversial guests. Matt Hancock? Knob-sending-pics-aholic Amir Khan, pisshead scumbag Katie Pwice, drug addled Kerry Katona. HE can show his bum in the waterfall shower! Maybe they can get Schofe in for the same series and they can have an arse showing battle!
Rear of the Year 2023: Oops I Did it Again Edition :m:m

• Haha
He could always compete for Rear of the Year 2023..if he had the cheek that is

• Haha
Yikes! Not my flavour but each to his own!

Oo perhaps he should consider Naked Attraction instead of IAC!
Yes! Build up his portfolio a bit before the Battle of the Bums with Schofe 🤣

Weirdly, I can see him presenting a Most Haunted type of show. Haunted Wales or something 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Odd click-bait non-article appeared in the middle of The Herald earlier 🤭

829F2D80-8A5B-481C-B0E9-24FC08DDAD96.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3