Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if the bbc will dub over all his queen funeral commentary etc. The bbc make a lot of money selling stuff like this sort of thing on to other production companies but I can’t see anyone wanting to buy them if huw’s bum/ contact with younger men is going to reappear on social media.

Reactions: 3
Am I the only one who's caught a huge whiff of misogyny from both Huw Edwards' and Philip Schofield's falls from grace? Schofield betrays his wife, then hides behind a huge song and dance of coming out. Huw Edwards does the same to his wife, and it's up to her to face the music from the press. For saying what left leaning organisations the Beeb and ITV both are, they certainly don't give much thought to mothers and housewives. The only role they seem to play here is having dog tit smeared in their faces by their chickenhawk husbands, and keeping a stiff upper lip in the process

Reactions: 21
Looking at the mocked up messages again it really was nothing if this is everything they said to one another. A handful of polite messages over a two year period. Ok so we don’t know how it escalated from 2020 but by then the 17 year old was an adult and it’s not like there was as extensive communication between them or Huw initiated it again after two years with no contact.
I feel sorry for everyone involved that it got so blown up
View attachment 2891074
I'm 40 and I can't think of anything less interesting than texting with a 17-year-old (and I'm sure the reverse is just as true). Creepy old p-er-v. :sick:

Reactions: 15
I'm 40 and I can't think of anything less interesting than texting with a 17-year-old (and I'm sure the reverse is just as true). Creepy old p-er-v. :sick:
I think this is how we can be almost certain that this wasn't Huwie Boy's first rodeo. It would be even weirder if it was, wouldn't it? A sixty year old wakes up one day, man loses his mind, and starts trying to boff boys young enough to be his grandson

• Sad
Reactions: 9
He should have resigned when all this came out, he's been paid a fortune and not done anything!

Reactions: 12
It wouldn’t surprise me if he does a “tell-all” interview before the end of the year and manages to get some sympathy back on his side. He could use that as a leap frog back into broadcasting on a channel like Sky News where he could be a back up newsreader while he rebuilds his profile.

Another form that comes to mind is Huw did the election broadcast at the last election. Although most news channels will have their broadcasters lined up, Huw could make an appearance as a commentator either on a UK news channel or abroad.

Reactions: 4
It wouldn’t surprise me if he does a “tell-all” interview before the end of the year and manages to get some sympathy back on his side. He could use that as a leap frog back into broadcasting on a channel like Sky News where he could be a back up newsreader while he rebuilds his profile.

Another form that comes to mind is Huw did the election broadcast at the last election. Although most news channels will have their broadcasters lined up, Huw could make an appearance as a commentator either on a UK news channel or abroad.
I also wondered if he could have a come back as a columnist - a newspaper or political site may still be interested in him, you never know!

Reactions: 3
He should never be allowed to present a show again, unless he pays back the £400k+ he's been paid by the BBC beforehand!

Reactions: 4
Maybe he just waited long enough until he stopped getting sick pay and then resigned.
Late to the party again. I somehow missed the news earlier. I think this is likely. I’ve known a number of cases where people have been off sick and a disciplinary has been on hold but they suddenly quit when the sick pay runs out.
---
Any chance the BBC could pay his autocue-reading replacement a far more sensible salary than almost £1/2m? I'll do it for a hell of lot less if they like?
Same here. I can even do it with a slight Welsh twang as I was born there and have one already despite the elocution lessons!
---
Am I the only one who's caught a huge whiff of misogyny from both Huw Edwards' and Philip Schofield's falls from grace? Schofield betrays his wife, then hides behind a huge song and dance of coming out. Huw Edwards does the same to his wife, and it's up to her to face the music from the press. For saying what left leaning organisations the Beeb and ITV both are, they certainly don't give much thought to mothers and housewives. The only role they seem to play here is having dog tit smeared in their faces by their chickenhawk husbands, and keeping a stiff upper lip in the process
No, you’re not. Should we be surprised given the Left (with some exceptions) seem to struggle over the whole self-ID and issue of “trans women” insisting on access to single sex spaces e.g. women’s changing rooms;competing in women‘s sports and insisting lesbians who aren’t interested in dating them are transphobic and appreciating why all of the above aren’t right an are trampling over women’s rights?
Sadly not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The so long and farewells are thin on the ground from his colleagues and industry people. You’d think that maybe because he left on medical advice, people would be slightly less apprehensive but I guess not. Here’s one from Simon McCoy:

IMG_6192.jpeg

Reactions: 2
I suppose the "medical advice" card doesn't really mean much these days? It's not a "sad" end...There's no tragedy. He got caught out and should have resigned there and then. Done the decent thing but these arrogant people never do.

Reactions: 7
He got caught and created drama. The bloke is a perv and his career has ended. People have been sticking up for him because he's not on a Right wing channel or deemed to be RW.

Doesn't matter. He's a perv

Reactions: 9
Clive Myrie's reaction on "Good Morning Britain". All in all pretty gracious but I suppose it's the official party line.

He said: "Look I mean Huw had a distinguished career, he has resigned and that is something that needs to... He felt he had to do. And it is regrettable, no question - given his loyal service and brilliancy as a broadcaster. The point now is to move forward."

Reactions: 5
Says it all succintly. He messed up big time and had to do the decent thing and go (eventually ;) )

Nothing to see here.

Reactions: 1