Huw Edwards #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t talk for the Welsh because I am not Welsh, but I believe a lot of Welsh people regarded him well before all this due to that fact that Wales is quite an impoverished part of the UK and having someone from Wales, with a Welsh accent (instead of your average RP) speaking for the UK in such a high up position was just a nice thing to have. He did at least one documentary on Wales, he spoke Welsh fluently and clearly felt very strongly about his country and he was well liked for that.
oh well

At least they still have Tom Jones and Nerys Hughes

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I dont have much sympathy for him I'm afraid (although do not want him to attempt suicide, just retire on his fat pension) As said before by others I dont expect his current malaise is anything to do with regretting the affect of his action on others just about himself. i think his depression probabaly stems from being a repressed homosexual brought up in a strict religious family. I also think that if the thick of it were making jokes about him 18 years ago he has always been like this, the more powerful he has become, the more prevalant his bad behaviour. I also think that as his wife also works for the BBC none of this is a surprise to her and she has been his beard for all the time they have been together (perhaps kids sweetened the deal) as such I am not sure that she is deserving of sympathy, his poor kids are another matter, I really feel for them. Just my opinion

Reactions: 7
I can’t talk for the Welsh because I am not Welsh, but I believe a lot of Welsh people regarded him well before all this due to that fact that Wales is quite an impoverished part of the UK and having someone from Wales, with a Welsh accent (instead of your average RP) speaking for the UK in such a high up position was just a nice thing to have. He did at least one documentary on Wales, he spoke Welsh fluently and clearly felt very strongly about his country and he was well liked for that.
This is EXACTLY right our accent was suddenly respected and admired instead of being ridiculed and we are usually regarded as inferior so it was nice that one of us became the top guy . Thanks for your insight.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I happened to meet someone yesterday (a friend of my MIL) who lives on the same street as HE in West Dulwich. She knows the family well. The young person is a girl.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
oh well

At least they still have Tom Jones and Nerys Hughes
Thanks for that.:rolleyes:
---
I don’t think that should even have been his mindset you know.

it shouldn’t be a case of Huw thinking, “man, my career spanning decades could go tits up. I should just not do this because it’s not worth my career”.

it should be the case that Huw thought to himself “hmm, I’m in contact with a young person/teen who has a lot less power and agency than me. I might be actively harming them by using them to fulfil my sexual desires and whims. Maybe I should extend some empathy and humane decency and get my sexual kicks from someone on a more level plying field as me”

His career means duck all to me, frankly. There are lots of high achieving journalists and professionals in the U.K. someone will come in and fill Huws shoes and do just a good a job of it. We have a ton of high achievers who generate huge wealth and influence for themselves. That’s no great contribution to humanity.

We need people from all walks of life to be more empathetic and less apathetic.
Including you

Reactions: 4
Jeremy Vine has singled out one person and made them pay £1000

"At my request, he has also agreed to pay £1,000 to @mndassoc rather than paying damages."

Has the Anna Brees woman been given the go ahead to release news of suicide by HE camp?

Reactions: 2
I happened to meet someone yesterday (a friend of my MIL) who lives on the same street as HE in West Dulwich. She knows the family well. The young person is a girl.
Why is absolutely everything reporting that its a boy then? Even the beeb fella said yesterday that it was a boy

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Why is absolutely everything reporting that its a boy then? Even the beeb fella said yesterday that it was a boy
No idea. This woman seemed adamant but of course I’ve no idea how she would know. On texting terms with HE’s wife (or so she said). Could be rubbish!

Yes, absolutely. Reading between the lines I think a lot of us gathered there may have been a suicide attempt, but I’ve no idea why that woman has tweeted about it. True or untrue it’s totally inappropriate.
Yes, definitely inappropriate. Unless she was asked to post it. HE's people are top media creators and manipulators.

Reactions: 8
Anna Brees did get a lot of backlash for her tweet but she kept saying she stood by her decision to tweet it. Although she has now deleted the tweet but you can still see her replies to people.

Reactions: 5
Something a little ironic to all her replies now she’s deleted it, isn’t there…
It’s really odd the way she is validating her choice to post it, isn’t it? “I made the difficult decision” “I have been torn by this” “I have been sitting on this for days.”

Reactions: 8
It’s really odd the way she is validating her choice to post it, isn’t it? “I made the difficult decision” “I have been torn by this” “I have been sitting on this for days.”
And after all the agony she has deleted it.

Just a reminder of the original tweet. Her info was supposedly from ‘two sources via bbc contacts’ (very vague, not even directly from bbc). Whether it’s true or not I just feel her posting this was self serving.

2F31D6AF-A05B-45AD-AC01-720623102A2D.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Just a reminder of the original tweet. Her info was supposedly from ‘two sources via bbc contacts’ (very vague, not even directly from bbc). Whether it’s true or not I just feel her posting this was self serving.

View attachment 2318268
WHY would an innocent man try to kill himself ?
---
who is ANNA BREES ? never heard of her

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.