Huw Edwards #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good question! Any HR people on Tattle? Maybe if he resigns himself, they’re allowed to close the investigation stating that the subject of allegations was not available for interview?

Also, going to guess that if it turns out he’s unable to return to work due to ongoing MH issues but he refuses to resign, they have grounds for terminating his contract?
But the investigation shouldn't stop if he is too poorly, ever to partake in it.
After all, the investigation into Savile didn't stop when he died.
Just thinking aloud!

Reactions: 8
Just reread Dan Wootton 's statement last night, and I noted that he says "several dark organisations are trying to bring down the channel, including one fronted by a phone hacking convict". I wonder if Andy Coulson, HE'S crisis management is involved, it wouldn't surprise me.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
apparently only since 2016, before that she was BBC
Yes but the earliest allegations seem to come around 2019 so after she left. I imagine if she’s knows what he is like it’s because he is her husband, not her colleague

Reactions: 3
Just reread Dan Wootton 's statement last night, and I noted that he says "several dark organisations are trying to bring down the channel, including one fronted by a phone hacking convict". I wonder if Andy Coulson, HE'S crisis management is involved, it wouldn't surprise me.
Yeah because Wootton has never hacked someone’s phone has he? He talks total bollocks. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t disappear from GB News soon.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Honestly, with friends like Coulson, who needs enemies. Why the f*ck would you hire that snake.

Reactions: 7
It’s awful for anyone to attempt or complete suicide but the way people are blaming it all on the sun is ridiculous. The young person he was in contact with could have just as easily released this information via another media outlet or even on social media. The result would have still been the same. And on a different but related note it’s not just people with fragile mental health that take their lives, narcissists who don’t want to face the repercussions of their actions also do

Reactions: 19
I won't mock people who want to believe the extremely unlikely scenarios and want to see the best in someone despite all the overwhelming bits of information that make it highly unlikely, in a way that's a nice quality to have!
But a good person doesn't don't go seaking the advice from a vile tabloid criminal ghoul that was jailed for hacking into murdered children's phones and giving parents false hope.
You would only do that if you'd seriously fucked up and are desperate so would do a deal with the devil.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I won't mock people who want to believe the extremely unlikely scenarios and want to see the best in someone despite all the overwhelming bits of information that make it highly unlikely, in a way that's a nice quality to have!
But a good person doesn't don't go seaking the advice from a vile tabloid criminal ghoul that was jailed for hacking into murdered children's phones and giving parents false hope.
You would only do that if you'd seriously fucked up and are desperate so would do a deal with the devil.
I wonder if he wanted his particular phone hacking skills to help him erase the pictures and records of payments to that 17 yr old boy
the police havent found the images yet - but a phone hacker possibly could .

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I genuinely can't understand why it will take so long, til the Autumn Tim Davies said, to investigate all the revelations. Unless there are many more that we don't know about
Did you watch the rest of the Parliamentary Committee meeting on Tuesday?
Autumn is apparently lightspeed for the BBC, going by all the other e.g. year long report deadlines that the Committee had set for them and for which they asked time extensions....

That meeting was enlightening. They're in a right pickle with everything! Management-speak plastered over it all. Totally in a bubble of their own. Convinced themselves that 99% (it might have been 109%) of the hoi polloi adores them and can't live without them!

I thought it curious that Tim wore a black tie.

Well said. 100% agree with this
---
Yeah because Wootton has never hacked someone’s phone has he? He talks total bollocks. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t disappear from GB News soon.
We all know how you hate DW, but my point was whether or not Andy Coulson was who he was referring to.

Reactions: 4
Am I missing something? There’s been zero reporting that I’ve seen, on Huw attempting to take his own life. His wife said his mental health has suffered. That’s not the same.

Where have you gotten suicide attempts and brain damage from?! Have I missed something?
Has a recent statement been released..?!
[/QUOTE]

Someone linked a story about a totally different person taking their own life and said they thought it might be HE and it had already long since been confirmed the man was identified and his family had been notified. Not enough rolleye emojis in the world for me.

• Haha
Someone linked a story about a totally different person taking their own life and said they thought it might be HE and it had already long since been confirmed the man was identified and his family had been notified. Not enough rolleye emojis in the world for me.
[/QUOTE]

I linked that story asking if anyone had thought if it was HE when the story originally broke (as I had initially) because the timing coincided with the whole “BBC presenter” media frenzy.

I believe the other comments and questions came about mainly because of the Anna Brees tweet.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
[/QUOTE]

That wasn’t where the suicide attempt mention came from though, I think that was just a separate comment about someone who had sadly died and been found on a beach.

Anna Brees an exBBC journalist I believe, tweeted that she had heard from 2 BBC sources about the suicide attempt. So still not exactly 100% but anyway…. She has since deleted her tweet.

Anyway just wanted to clarify - as it wasn’t a case of someone deciding he had tried to commit suicide based on the article about the other man sadly dying.

Reactions: 6
I think announcing a 'suicide attempt' actually does more damage to Huw's reputation - while it might buy him some time and sympathy - you also ask yourself - WHY would an innocent man attempt suicide ? Hes also made no denial of the allogations ....and is now hiding in hospital ... put together none of this seems like the actions of an innocent man .

Reactions: 1
I think announcing a 'suicide attempt' actually does more damage to Huw's reputation - while it might buy him some time and sympathy - you also ask yourself - WHY would an innocent man attempt suicide ? Hes also made no denial of the allogations ....and is now hiding in hospital ... put together none of this seems like the actions of an innocent man .
So everyone who attempts suicide has done something wrong? Broken the law in some way? Done something really bad? Really?

• Heart
Might not have anything to do with being 'innocent' and more to do with shame if HE is religious and the victim is a guy.

WHY would an innocent man attempt suicide ?
I’m not going to get too much into this because this kind of talk makes me sick, but look up “Suicide of Sunil Tripathi” - he was misidentified (by Reddit originally I believe) as the perpetrator of the Boston Marathon Bombings and as a result died by suicide. Just an example of why an innocent man may attempt suicide.

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.