Huw Edwards #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else see this story break a couple of days after the “bbc presenter” saga? Even though the presenter hadn’t been confirmed to be Huw at that stage, I did still wonder if it was him. 🙁

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I’m having a real reaction seeing it in writing. I was hoping it wasn’t true. Damn, I hope they got to him in time. Also, a thought to the Young Person who did not want any of this mess to happen. What a thing to have to come to terms with.
The Scum and the money grabbing parents have a lot to answer for don’t they?

• Wow
  • Heart
Did anyone else see this story break a couple of days after the “bbc presenter” saga? Even though the presenter hadn’t been confirmed to be Huw at that stage, I did still wonder if it was him. 🙁

A man was reported missing from Colwyn Bay around June time. Rhos is approx 5 mins away.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I’m genuinely surprised this is coming as a shock (this isn’t meant in a bitchy/smug way, clarifying that as I know it’s really hard to get tone across especially in a forum like this).

But one of the reasons I’ve been so confused about the people saying he’s faking MH was because to me it seemed pretty clear he’d attempted suicide.

His wife’s statement, followed by the essential backtracking of the Sun, followed by their cowardly non-releasing of their front page all on the same day, along side the out pouring of “love” from fellow presenters and reporters all screamed to me of a suicide attempt. The Sun are frankly very lucky it wasn’t successful.

For his wife to release a statement on his behalf like that he must have been completely incapacitated, otherwise the statement would have come from him. She chose to reveal him not him, she said so.

The majority of people who commit suicide are unknown to mental health services. Many of them are not diagnosed with depression. The problem with mental health issues is that it is so incredibly easy to hide them and push through and carry on like nothings wrong.

I realise it might be hard to understand how someone can do that if that’s not your experience of mental health issues, but the sad fact is that for the majority of people that is their experience of mental health issues.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I feel sad that he'd feel that he'd prefer to kill himself rather than come out as gay or bi.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I feel sad that he'd feel that he'd prefer to kill himself rather than come out as gay or bi.
I think the loss of the respect of his family, the loss of his reputation and more than likely the loss of his job may just have taken precedence

Reactions: 27

Oh what's this.
Very sad to read this. Though it's exactly what I surmised when I read Mrs E's statement that Saturday.
Without wanting to alarm people, I gently flagged up this possibility here a day or so ago when people were speculating about why everything had gone so quiet- 'he should be doing/saying this/that/the other...' The demands and criticism were disturbingly strident.
I'm sad too...because people

Last edited:
  • Heart
As someone said on tv today, if HE was able to tell Sopel he was angry and able to get his wife to give his statement, why couldn't he have simply denied the allegations via that statement.
Or at least written a few of his own words.
---
So it’s officially a “young man”:

Looks like they've picked a side 'Team Young Man' (a bit Village Peopley unfortunately for the situation)... one would *imagine* the BBCs highest obligation is to the long term and highly paid member of staff who is on a legally binding employment contract backed up by UK legislation, human rights guidelines, enhanced by the relevant union, and whom is currently 'unwell'. But no.

There's more to this. They've dropped him like a hot potato - rehab / treatment facility / mental hospital or no. If he were even remotely 'innocent' they'd be far more neutral than the signs they've already clearly given. They must be abs crapping selves.
---
God I hope he didn’t. I mean I know he’s done wrong but I wouldn’t want him to harm himself either.
Plenty of abusers take their own lives when they're backed into a corner. It's funny how people care about some and not others. It'd be interesting to know what the line in the sand is for the average person and how we're supposed to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17

The man has been identified as a 34yo from the area. RIP poor man.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
The Telegraph article actually said it has a duty of care to their employee and to young man and his family:

DC8524E2-E06D-4DE1-A340-1C0210C7F239.jpeg

• Heart
From today's Daily Mail. Very interesting...View attachment 2317784
It’s not because he’s untouchable. It’s for the same reason the Sun have really backed off:

Despite how unpalatable all of the allegations may be, none of them are illegal. The man Is in an obvious serious way. Ethically speaking all journalists need to be careful with the story now, because it could easily be construed as a witch hunt, and if something happened that would put them and their employer in a very uncomfortable position.

News night shared their current findings, it was 3 people who received messages, nothing illegal.

Reactions: 16
The f*cking Sun did those parents real dirty. Oof.
I still don’t understand why they went to The Sun? FFS it’s only about one step up from the Beano and is red by people who are to be very blunt, as thick as two short planks. They should have gone to the police if they felt a crime was being committed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s not because he’s untouchable. It’s for the same reason the Sun have really backed off:

Despite how unpalatable all of the allegations may be, none of them are illegal. The man Is in an obvious serious way. Ethically speaking all journalists need to be careful with the story now, because it could easily be construed as a witch hunt, and if something happened that would put them and their employer in a very uncomfortable position.

News night shared their current findings, it was 3 people who received messages, nothing illegal.
Until Huw is better, I don't think we'll know for sure. More will inevitably drip out, like the bits I just posted. Confirms what is obvious, that the BBC do have untouchables, and vd must have been aware.

I still don’t understand why they went to The Sun? FFS it’s only about one step up from the Beano and is red by people who are to be very blunt, as thick as two short planks. They should have gone to the police if they felt a crime was being committed.
For all we know they could have gone to other papers and been turned away to be fair.

The bigger question for me is why didn’t they chase up with the BBC. If it had been me I’d have been on the phone again asking what they’re doing about it.
---
Until Huw is better, I don't think we'll know for sure. More will inevitably drip out, like the bits I just posted. Confirms what is obvious, that the BBC do have untouchables, and vd must have been aware.
Maybe they do, we will see. I think considering what’s happened though, HE can’t really be considered untouchable…

What wouldn’t surprise me though is if the Newnight investigation turned into more a story on culture that’s old as time with people at the bottom feeling uncomfortable by the power imbalance of people at the top.

Reactions: 10
The bigger question for me is why didn’t they chase up with the BBC. If it had been me I’d have been on the phone again asking what they’re doing about it.
Yeah, that's a reasonable question. The BBC said they tried to get in touch, but couldn't. Yes, they probably should have tried more than they did, but it doesn't sound like the parents were making much effort either.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t think we’ll ever see Huw on TV again and if we do it won’t be on the Beeb. I think this has probably broken him.

• Sad
They did go to the Police, that has been confirmed.

However, their concern wasn't necessarily that they thought a crime had been committed. They just wanted large amounts of money to stop being paid (by Huw) to their son, essentially funding their child's drug habit. The criminal aspect came later and was possibly (in my opinion) twisted slightly by The Sun.

*caveated with the usual 'allegedly' etc.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.