Huw Edwards #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I missing something? There’s been zero reporting that I’ve seen, on Huw attempting to take his own life. His wife said his mental health has suffered. That’s not the same.

Where have you gotten suicide attempts and brain damage from?! Have I missed something?
Has a recent statement been released..?!
[/QUOTE]
Anna Brees (?) tweeted this yesterday

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Just a reminder of the original tweet. Her info was supposedly from ‘two sources via bbc contacts’ (very vague, not even directly from bbc). Whether it’s true or not I just feel her posting this was self serving.

View attachment 2318268
This is just gross and ghoulish on her part. Absolutely no reason to tweet it. If she wants to gossip, she should just come on here or something

• Haha
Reactions: 10
WHY would an innocent man try to kill himself ?
---
who is ANNA BREES ? never heard of her
First I ever heard of Anna Brees was when she was named as being in an alleged relationship with ex-detective turned child abuse campaigner and ‘satanic ritual’ conspiracy theorist, John Wedger.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Anna Brees is from or lived in, Penarth, which is a couple miles from Cardiff. She used to work for bbc. Then was let go. I remember seeing her online few years ago re covid debates then she was gone

I genuinely can't understand why it will take so long, til the Autumn Tim Davies said, to investigate all the revelations. Unless there are many more that we don't know about

Reactions: 1
It is not Anna's place to reveal personal information like that. It is up to HE family!

I was so shocked and saddened to learn that it was Huw. I’m confused as to why he is blaming his behaviour on his mental health or have I picked that up wrong? I fully understand why his mental health is seriously effected now when he knew the whole story was going to come out and the entire country was going to know who he really is but his mental health before that, I just don’t see how that made him behave in this way.

Im not against people swapping photos as long as it’s people over the legal age and both parties consent. Only fans is based on money transactions for photos etc but this young lad was very vulnerable. I hope he is getting the help that he needs and not just people protecting Huw.

Reactions: 5
I was so shocked and saddened to learn that it was Huw. I’m confused as to why he is blaming his behaviour on his mental health or have I picked that up wrong? I fully understand why his mental health is seriously effected now when he knew the whole story was going to come out and the entire country was going to know who he really is but his mental health before that, I just don’t see how that made him behave in this way.

Im not against people swapping photos as long as it’s people over the legal age and both parties consent. Only fans is based on money transactions for photos etc but this young lad was very vulnerable. I hope he is getting the help that he needs and not just people protecting Huw.
He hasn’t given any statement so hasn’t blamed it on anything. His wife issued a statement that said due to his current mental health he is in hospital and so unable to give a statement or respond to the claims, which isn’t the same as blaming it on his mental health.

Reactions: 12

I was also quite shocked it was Huw. He really didn’t seem like the “type” at all (not that there is a particular type!) but I guess nothing ever pinged with him, as it might have done with others.

I don’t think his wife’s statement implied that he blamed his mental health for what he did at all, only that he was in a bad place at the moment. I think people were/are speculating that he may try to use his MH in the future as a possible explanation for his behaviour but it hasn’t happened yet AFAIK.

Reactions: 6
I genuinely can't understand why it will take so long, til the Autumn Tim Davies said, to investigate all the revelations. Unless there are many more that we don't know about
In order to do an actual report they’ll have to interview Huw as well and I can only imagine Huw won’t be at work for the foreseeable future. Thus the investigation will take some time.

His team are far too savvy to do something like state his behaviour is due to mental health. They've said he's receiving treatment and have left people that fall for his nice guy act to do work on their behalf.

As said well by another poster HE team are master media players.

Reactions: 15
Yes, absolutely. Reading between the lines I think a lot of us gathered there may have been a suicide attempt, but I’ve no idea why that woman has tweeted about it. True or untrue it’s totally inappropriate.
It was tweeted by Anna Brees who is an attention seeking twit. She’s deleted the tweet now but only because people were piling on telling her she was out of order.

Reactions: 6
A lot of the views on HE are down almost entirely to assumption. The assumption that he purposely picked someone vulnerable, the assumption that he knew the money was going towards supporting a drug habit, the assumption that DMs he sent had a sexual undertone, the assumption that he’s going to, at some point in the future, use his mental health as an excuse for his behaviour.

Let’s make a bunch of different assumptions for fun. Let’s assume that he only had contact with the young man after the age of 18 (and for the purposes of this the parents are lying, and young person is telling the truth), let’s assume that he met him via only fans where 1000s of men pay to see pictures of female teenagers every month, let’s assume that HE didn’t have a physical relationship with the teenager or even a particularly personal one - just a liking for that person which meant he spent all that money on him, if that were true how would he even know that the young man had drug issues? let’s also assume the messages we’ve seen are innocent. We can also, for the hell of it, assume his wife knew all along and they have an open relationship.

If all those assumptions are true (which I admit is unlikely) the man’s biggest crime is being a closeted gay or bisexual man. And that he likes people on the younger side.

Assumptions go both ways and it’s possible the truth is somewhere in the middle. Or the truth could be terrible and much worse than we could ever imagine. But that’s the point, it’s all assumptions at the moment and we basically know nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Squittel, the scenario you’ve sketched is very much in line with my assumptions. I will not apologize yet for not assuming the very worst of someone who has - in the many years we’ve seen his career play out in public - shown himself to be a discerning, intelligent and respectable person. Not until the allegations and the malicious intent have been proven. Maybe I’m super naive. I’ll get over it.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I can’t talk for the Welsh because I am not Welsh, but I believe a lot of Welsh people regarded him well before all this due to that fact that Wales is quite an impoverished part of the UK and having someone from Wales, with a Welsh accent (instead of your average RP) speaking for the UK in such a high up position was just a nice thing to have. He did at least one documentary on Wales, he spoke Welsh fluently and clearly felt very strongly about his country and he was well liked for that.
I can’t talk for the Welsh because I am not Welsh
And that‘s where you should have stopped 😂 People”s perception of Wales never ceases to amaze me Hi de hi

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can’t talk for the Welsh because I am not Welsh
And that‘s where you should have stopped 😂 People”s perception of Wales never ceases to amaze me Hi de hi
But I once spoke to a welsh person and visited there once (or was it Scotland I went to?) and know how to say llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch :(

Edit: Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
In order to do an actual report they’ll have to interview Huw as well and I can only imagine Huw won’t be at work for the foreseeable future. Thus the investigation will take some time.
OK, but what if he's never 'fit' again? What if his MH is that bad that he will never be able to be interviewed? Would that halt the investigation?

• Wow
OK, but what if he's never 'fit' again? What if his MH is that bad that he will never be able to be interviewed? Would that halt the investigation?
Good question! Any HR people on Tattle? Maybe if he resigns himself, they’re allowed to close the investigation stating that the subject of allegations was not available for interview?

Also, going to guess that if it turns out he’s unable to return to work due to ongoing MH issues but he refuses to resign, they have grounds for terminating his contract?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.