Huw Edwards #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At the interview today, the Acting BBC Chair said quite clearly "the family and the young man".
So why are all newsreaders still saying young person?

Reactions: 12
At the interview today, the Acting BBC Chair said quite clearly "the family and the young man".
So why are all newsreaders still saying young person?
So as not to out Huw as gay or bi, I don't think that's allowed.

Reactions: 6
But if the top bod at the bbc said it, it's no secret! Those still saying young person just look silly, when it's common knowledge
I think that's why though, but at this point it doesn't make sense. Andy Coulson/Mrs Huw Huw needs to make a statement with actual information dammit!

Reactions: 5
As someone said on tv today, if HE was able to tell Sopel he was angry and able to get his wife to give his statement, why couldn't he have simply denied the allegations via that statement.

Reactions: 11
As someone said on tv today, if HE was able to tell Sopel he was angry and able to get his wife to give his statement, why couldn't he have simply denied the allegations via that statement.
She may not have minded making statement that was issued but she might not want to be implicated in any lies that she's unaware of.
I MIGHT ask ya ta back off me ex husband (what he'd be) but I wouldn't deny anything for him no chance.

Reactions: 8
She may not have minded making statement that was issued but she might not want to be implicated in any lies that she's unaware of.
I MIGHT ask ya ta back off me ex husband (what he'd be) but I wouldn't deny anything for him no chance.
Yeah I get what you mean. But somewhere, somehow, through his lawyers or crisis management, surely one of them could have issued a short denial. But no, nothing. Also the boy said via his lawyers it was "rubbish' and that's not exactly a denial either

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m gonna take a guess and say because he didn’t want to.
he probably felt like he didn’t owe anyone anything apart from his wife and his lawyers/press management.

disclaimer-I don’t know this because I am a member of the public. Just my guess. Taking a stab in the dark.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I get what you mean. But somewhere, somehow, through his lawyers or crisis management, surely one of them could have issued a short denial. But no, nothing. Also the boy said via his lawyers it was "rubbish' and that's not exactly a denial either
LadyMuck, you might just have to get to grips with the fact that Huw isn’t able to deny every allegation because that might mean he’d have to lie. Maybe he doesn’t want to do that. I know that might be tough to hear but that’s life 🫣😅

Reactions: 1
LadyMuck, you might just have to get to grips with the fact that Huw isn’t able to deny every allegation because that might mean he’d have to lie. Maybe he doesn’t want to do that. I know that might be tough to hear but that’s life 🫣😅
Just a denial in one sentence would suffice :)

I'm not expecting him to have issued a long sermon, but if he could let people know he's angry (getting caught out does that to you), then he could have said a denial. Simples

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just a denial in one sentence would suffice :)

I'm not expecting him to have issued a long sermon, but if he could let people know he's angry (getting caught out does that to you), then he could have said a denial. Simples
He could’ve been angry for any number of reasons! For the fact that the Sun implied he is a pedalo (maybe he isn’t?). For the fact that the Sun kinda sorta outed him (not really but also kinda sorta). For the fact that the Sun reported at all?

Also, around this time his bare bum was trending on Twitter! Maybe that made him extra angry and Sopel, bless him, meant he was just angry in general?

Reactions: 4
God I hope he didn’t. I mean I know he’s done wrong but I wouldn’t want him to harm himself either.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
God I hope he didn’t. I mean I know he’s done wrong but I wouldn’t want him to harm himself either.
The moment the news broke of his wife’s statement on the BBC News channel, the anchor and the correspondents were nearly in tears. They were using wording such as “I knew Huw as” and “Huw was”. I 100% assumed he had try to kill himself.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
The moment the news broke of his wife’s statement on the BBC News channel, the anchor and the correspondents were nearly in tears. They were using wording such as “I knew Huw as” and “Huw was”. I 100% assumed he had try to kill himself.
Yes and Clive Myrie was obviously upset on the Ten O Clock News that night. I’m not sure why Anna Brees felt the need to share it, but she’s a law unto herself to be honest. It would explain why the story has gone completely quiet though. The press won’t want that on their consience.

• Heart
Yes and Clive Myrie was obviously upset on the Ten O Clock News that night. I’m not sure why Anna Brees felt the need to share it, but she’s a law unto herself to be honest. It would explain why the story has gone completely quiet though. The press won’t want that on their consience.
I’m having a real reaction seeing it in writing. I was hoping it wasn’t true. Damn, I hope they got to him in time. Also, a thought for the Young Person who did not want any of this mess to happen. What a thing to have to come to terms with.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.