Huw Edwards #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I checked on this yesterday, they said they have a “dossier of evidence” including claims from BBC colleagues - whether these are the ones that have already been spoken about I have no idea. They left it vague. Also vague what a “dossier of evidence” is! You’d think if they genuinely had a lot more evidence they would print it regardless of Huw’s mental health (they don’t generally show much understanding when it comes to mental health) so who knows.
It's about journalistic practices and codes of conduct plus legislation relating to the press. Can't just go around printing stuff.

They'll bide their time. So... the question is... how long can Huw hide for!? I mean it could be months or up to a year or 18 months even. And *if* he's in the UK (personally I sincerely doubt that) how long before someone snitches his whereabouts!? Bound to happen.

Reactions: 6
Interesting. On the banner line, it says Met Police have received no information to indicate criminal offences have been committed. So I wonder if the Sun has handed over their info.

Reactions: 8
It's about journalistic practices and codes of conduct plus legislation relating to the press. Can't just go around printing stuff.

They'll bide their time. So... the question is... how long can Huw hide for!? I mean it could be months or up to a year or 18 months even. And *if* he's in the UK (personally I sincerely doubt that) how long before someone snitches his whereabouts!? Bound to happen.
Tim Davies said this investigation could last til the Autumn

• Wow
Reactions: 9
BBC confirmed that highly paid presenters have 'disrepute' written in their contracts
I think even lowly paid admin staff do too. Because the BBC charter and tax payers money plus Licence Fee members of public money.

Obviously the more senior a person and the more public their image, the far easier it is to prove they have brought the BBC as a whole into disrepute. So bearing in mind HE announced the Queen's death and hosted the King's Coronation, I'm gona say he's absolutely screwed on that score.

Anyway we all know he's a goner from the BBC, question is will the BBC survive this forthcoming scandal, as there certainly *is* a scandal brewing IMO and will HE have done things that result in his being criminally charged and possibly looking at prison time?

Off topic: broke my heart when Rolf Harris turned out to be *another* one of them as he took my cat in for treatment at the RSPCA Harmsworth when she'd been ran over :( and he seemed like the nicest guy ever.
---
Could have fooled me with how they've behaved at times...
Yeah but they've upped their game since the Levenson Inquiry and more phone tapping scandals and being sued by public figures.

The 'right to reply' thing they've always been pretty good with and also respecting 'subjudice' so they're not quite as bad as people think. Plus they do sit on stories for years watching and waiting when they could just blurt.

• Heart
Oh duck off, I understand Policing just fine thanks.

PACE means The Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984. This gives Police powers to investigate and arrest, enter premises, search persons etc.

Do you or anyone else here have any evidence to suggest a crime has taken place? So PACE could be used?

No you don't. As the parents didn't either. So the Police have no 'reasonable grounds to investigate' duck all.

The alleged victim has explicitly stated they were not a victim of a crime. Even The Sun which initially implied a CSA offence had taken place have back-tracked and said they shouldn't have implied that.

That doesn't mean a crime wasn't committed, but the Police require some evidence to investigate. As you say a 'tip-,off' may be valuable and taken seriously but only if it supports other Police intelligence.

And if you cared to examine what the parents actually *said*, they witnessed nothing. They alleged they saw a screenshot of a video call which they alleged was HE in his pants. They didn't say they witnessed anything, though many have created fan-fiction where the poor parents wandered into a room and saw HE on a laptop live waiting for the alleged 'victim'.

That's not what they said. They said they saw a 'picture'. A picture they apparently don't have possession of as could not hand it over to The Police, the BBC or The Sun.

So you can duck off with your aggressive posting thanks.

There's no cover-up here, the Police have literally no information or evidence to investigate a crime.

Your other points about the Police not investigating devices in cases of suspected paedophile rings due to cost are not at all what I said and just a weak straw man argument on your part.
that’s what I mean. Establishing a crime has taken place isn’t necessary for a search warrant application. There just needs to be reasonable grounds to suspect there has been one (along with some other elements, such as proportionality of a search being assessed etc) thats what I keep telling you and you don’t seem to understand.

If the police have a credible source that say, a murder had taken place and a body was buried in John Doe’s back garden and it was John Doe’s wife who claimed to have seen this murder taken place - then that’s a reason to suspect.

so police could draft up a search warrant - corroborate some details perhaps to support it.

whether or not John Doe has committed murder or not is irrelevant - because the point of the search is to secure evidence of any criminality.

If there was nothing found on the premises, that doesn’t make the search warrant less valid, hypothetically. If it later emerged Mrs Doe suspected her husband of having an affair and wanted to spite him, that he hadn’t committed murder at all - then that wouldn’t matter. Because at the time of the application the hypothetical police had reasonable grounds to suspect a murder.

I’ll say it louder for those at the back - you don’t need proof of a crime to conduct a search.

I’m not being aggressive, I’m not suggesting a cover up(?!) im pointing out that your understanding of how a search warrant is applied for and executed is wrong.

what constitutes “reasonable grounds to suspect” is purposefully broad. It can’t be on a whim or a hunch but it’s broad enough for police to use good judgement and weigh up proportionality. Perhaps letting the BBC conduct an internal, less thorough investigation is part of that proportionality. Using less intrusive means to establish what has occurred before progressing to a police investigation - I’m not sure.

there are grounds to argue that the parents seeing a screenshot of Huw interacting with their son is reasonable grounds, but then im not the officer having to consider dragging a search warrant under intense public scrutiny with a wealthy man accused whose human rights are infringed upon.

Reactions: 10
the age of the person involved does matter but it’s not the only thing that matters.

the huge imbalance between them; in terms of social standing, money, influence, age, addiction/health, is all very relevant because they all contribute to an imbalance of power, which is the core of exploitation.

it’s not just a matter of looking and doing a tick box exercise if something is legal or not - because looking at other factors is also relevant. And just because something isn’t illegal doesn’t mean it isn’t harmful, wrong or unfair.
Absolutely, the age matters in your opinion and that’s fine.

I was agreeing with the post I replied to in terms of illegality and consent, neither of which have been stated by the 20 year old or the police in the original case.

We (the general public) don’t have any idea what the 20 year old and HE knew about each other and at what point they learnt each thing they knew.

Bringing in the word ‘exploitation’ is a whole new level of allegations and - to me - brings immediate thoughts of modern day slavery. To be clear I’m not saying that’s what you meant - just that it’s what I thought of from the word.

Regardless of whether the general public think something is immoral / disgusting / wrong / unfair, isn’t what really matters the voice of the person at the centre of it?

I'd be interested at what age people would say that the age was irrelevant. I'm 37, which is right around the "½ age + 7" level for Huw. Would people complain about that?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Absolutely, the age matters in your opinion and that’s fine.

I was agreeing with the post I replied to in terms of illegality and consent, neither of which have been stated by the 20 year old or the police in the original case.

We (the general public) don’t have any idea what the 20 year old and HE knew about each other and at what point they learnt each thing they knew.

Bringing in the word ‘exploitation’ is a whole new level of allegations and - to me - brings immediate thoughts of modern day slavery. To be clear I’m not saying that’s what you meant - just that it’s what I thought of from the word. Exploitation isn’t always illegal. Zero hour contracts and internships are exploitative, but perfectly legal and socially acceptable.

Regardless of whether the general public think something is immoral / disgusting / wrong / unfair, isn’t what really matters the voice of the person at the centre of it?
age doesn’t just matter in my opinion? Like it’s not something that I alone care about. It’s legislated for and collectively across society, pretty emotive.

even if Huw had no idea who this person was (and they are supposed to have had an ongoing relationship to some degree over a period of 3 years). I find it hard to believe Huw was totally and utterly ignorant as to the disparity in age, wealth, social background and education. Huw has a PHD and a degree from Oxford, he’s not a moron. He’d have picked up on these things even if they weren’t having heart to hearts about their personal lives.

exploitation is an emotive word but it’s what has occurred here so far as I can seen and is relevant. It doesn’t have to be modern day slavery to be exploitive, that’s a very extreme comparison.

the person at the heart of it at absolutely matters. But, they aren’t the only voice that matters. Ched Evans’ victim didn’t even report what happened to her as a rape, but nonetheless that was what the police and CPS and eventually a jury, established that rape was what had occurred. The victim isn’t always in a position to be the voice of reason, and wider society has a duty of care and (I’d argue) moral responsibility to give victims of crime? Exploitation? Abuse? Unfair treatment? Whichever… protection and justice.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
well its got very slow on here today - i remember sunday we were on 4 threads a day lol

i hope something new gets revealed .

• Haha
Reactions: 7
well its got very slow on here today - i remember sunday we were on 4 threads a day lol

i hope something new gets revealed .
Haha I’m thrilled it has slowed down a bit so I can keep up and still do other things! It was crazy at one stage

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wish someone would tag me in one of these many posts defending Huw Edwards! I feel like that’s the only viewpoint we haven’t had. Where are all the Huw Edwards super fans at?
When it was confirmed that it was Huw Edwards I did say here that I was shocked and sad, that is still how I feel BUT that does not mean I condone what he has allegedly done.

I am aware of who the parents and the ’victim‘ are, where they live etc so for that reason I will not be believing every word they say. Sorry if that seems harsh!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I’ve given up a bit this afternoon because Tattle is being so slow and glitchy!
Which is a shame, because I’m mainly here to see what other Huw Edwards photos and expressions you’ve managed to find.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.