Huw Edwards #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely off topic but is tattle going absurdly slowly for anyone else?

Reactions: 2
I just love Tattle and I love all your differing opinions, it helps me keep my own perspective balanced. I also just love this drama.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I just love Tattle and I love all your differing opinions, it helps me keep my own perspective balanced. I also just love this drama.

Trying to find the appropriate HE reaction picture for this but I can’t find one so this will have to do.

29663B4E-52C7-490E-8BD6-8D53D4800089.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Didn't the Sun say they had further revelations but then after HE'S wife's statement saying he was in hospital, they said they would not be printing them..at the moment.
I think there is much more to come out. As much as HE probably wants it all to go away, I'm hoping the truth will be revealed, and that it's not covered up.
Jmo
---
The first 30 minutes from 2pm-2.30pm is private, we can only access it from 2.30 pm, I believe. I bet HE will be discussed in the first bit
Is it on Parliament channel.

Reactions: 4
Honestly, I think the Sun hedged their bets that someone would come forward with worse allegations and it didn’t happen.
We don't know this. The Sun said they wouldn't publish any more allegations. It's possible there have been more but they've been sent straight to the BBC to investigate properly.

Reactions: 5
They implied that without saying it.
I checked on this yesterday, they said they have a “dossier of evidence” including claims from BBC colleagues - whether these are the ones that have already been spoken about I have no idea. They left it vague. Also vague what a “dossier of evidence” is! You’d think if they genuinely had a lot more evidence they would print it regardless of Huw’s mental health (they don’t generally show much understanding when it comes to mental health) so who knows.

Reactions: 7
HE wife is the daughter of politicians

HE knew for a period of time about the accusations, his friend said to the press he was angry about coverage then it’s statement from wife and facility

Not to undermine anybody and their mental health Im talking about HE specifically

The only thing he could do to take control was play mental health card doubled down

My reason for believing this is the Schofield situation how he exclusively came out gay

Reactions: 8
Tim D says they're using external expertise to ensure bbc are held to account

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Ok you clearly have no idea how policing works.

a search warrant is NOT the only way for police to enter and search an evidence. There are many difference legislative avenues under which a search warrant can be applied - PACE is the most common, which also allows for the search of a premise following an arrest of an individual.

police needs reasonable grounds to suspect an offence/crime has taken place. This could indeed, encompass a tip off or report from an individual.

if Huw turned in his own devices, the police would be duty bound to investigate them, because an individual turning in their own bloody devices, is pretty good grounds to have reason to suspect a crime has taken place

the cost of searching devices forensically, isn’t something that factors into police investigation in the way you suggest. Can you imagine how poor the quality of policing would be if it were? Sorry, we can’t investigate a P*** ring because it’s too spenny to search everything. Sorry we can’t take this trial to court, it’s too expensive to pay the barristers. It’s just not a concept in policing in the way you are suggesting.

doing a preliminary search of devices is also a possibility. Where you do a sample selection using key words for example.

hearsay, in a legal sense, is second hand information from a source that can’t be substantiated. If the parents claim they have witnessed Huw themselves, seen evidence themselves then that would not be hearsay.

you don’t understand policing, which is fine. But you’re spewing a lot of ignorance with a lot of conviction, which isn’t really fine
Oh duck off, I understand Policing just fine thanks.

PACE means The Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984. This gives Police powers to investigate and arrest, enter premises, search persons etc.

Do you or anyone else here have any evidence to suggest a crime has taken place? So PACE could be used?

No you don't. As the parents didn't either. So the Police have no 'reasonable grounds to investigate' duck all.

The alleged victim has explicitly stated they were not a victim of a crime. Even The Sun which initially implied a CSA offence had taken place have back-tracked and said they shouldn't have implied that.

That doesn't mean a crime wasn't committed, but the Police require some evidence to investigate. As you say a 'tip-,off' may be valuable and taken seriously but only if it supports other Police intelligence.

And if you cared to examine what the parents actually *said*, they witnessed nothing. They alleged they saw a screenshot of a video call which they alleged was HE in his pants. They didn't say they witnessed anything, though many have created fan-fiction where the poor parents wandered into a room and saw HE on a laptop live waiting for the alleged 'victim'.

That's not what they said. They said they saw a 'picture'. A picture they apparently don't have possession of as could not hand it over to The Police, the BBC or The Sun.

So you can duck off with your aggressive posting thanks.

There's no cover-up here, the Police have literally no information or evidence to investigate a crime.

Your other points about the Police not investigating devices in cases of suspected paedophile rings due to cost are not at all what I said and just a weak straw man argument on your part.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So, the young person has just been confirmed as being male

Well thought out post. No confirmation that the alleged initial 'victim' or any others are male though. The initial online reports by The Sun said the parents were worried about their daughter. This was then deleted and replaced with non-gender specific pronouns.

The media since are being careful not to gender for some reason. Some seem to have 'slipped' and said he, indicating male but no idea if that's just an assumption based on the SM speculation or true knowledge.

We just don't know at this stage so any theorising about HE being a closeted gay man and what that may or may not mean using armchair psychology and social theory may be a waste of time.
We have never seen any evidence of 'daughter' being used or of this being anything but related to young men. Do you have some proof of what you're saying? As from my POV this has only ever been reported as a young man.

Obv were PE be doing same to a young woman it would be equally grim but then we could defer discussions of his 'closeted psychology' or having been n_onced himself etc theories.

Reactions: 5
BBC confirmed that highly paid presenters have 'disrepute' written in their contracts

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.