Hunters & Heels #8 Old McDermott had a press stay, aff-ad-aff-ad-o

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She reminds me so much of her I had to look at the wiki page.

Character synopsis
Hyacinth is a social-climbing snob who constantly aims to impress people, particularly of the upper and upper-middle classes, and to give the impression that she is of high social standing, despite her modest status. This is epitomised in her pronunciation of her name as "Bouquet". She has an "acquired cultured accent which buckles under stress."[1]

The character's creator, Roy Clarke, has called her the "least invented of all the characters I've found in my head":

So I knew my Hyacinths and I knew I had to write my own. They fascinated me. They were hilarious in their pretensions, so marvellously unaware of the real impressions they were making, and yet somehow so up front in their crusade to be superior that it was brave.[2]

Reactions: 8
She reminds me so much of her I had to look at the wiki page.

Character synopsis
Hyacinth is a social-climbing snob who constantly aims to impress people, particularly of the upper and upper-middle classes, and to give the impression that she is of high social standing, despite her modest status. This is epitomised in her pronunciation of her name as "Bouquet". She has an "acquired cultured accent which buckles under stress."[1]

The character's creator, Roy Clarke, has called her the "least invented of all the characters I've found in my head":
A tuft hunter

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.