Hunters & Heels #6 Buy Lauren McDermott

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally I think it’s important that kids be involved in getting out and about in nature, foraging and learning about plants is important for kids growing up into adults that respect, recognise and protect nature and the planet… but do I think this is Lauren’s goal? Do I f*ck.
She also needs to be bloody careful what she puts online as wild garlic leaves are VERY similar to Lily in the valley leaves, which will kill you.
No disclaimer, no ‘make sure you know what you’re looking for’, no mention of consulting a guidebook or an experienced forager.
Foraging is a fun experience for kids, but not the kids of influencers who are literally only doing it for the gram.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I live in an area that has loads of woodland etc and have often taken the kids to collect wild garlic as it’s great for chucking in a supermarket pasta sauce to make it taste fancy.
I wear trackies and my kids wear their gaudy welllies, we use those wee resealable sandwich bags to collect it, and importantly we know the difference between their leaves and all the bluebells and other questionable plants.

Also during lockdown when we went a bit further we also made sure if the kids were peeing outside we did it far enough away from the foraging. With two wee boys of course Lauren has done this too. The splashback onto her floaty dresses must be rotten.

Reactions: 10
Back in the day, when they were the big thing, I had a craft blog. I started it because I wanted to make time for making things again, and it worked, but one day I realised I was just making things for the blog. I didn't want them or use them, they were just content, and it really put me off so I stopped. When I see Lauren and other influencers I think how this must be with every aspect of their lives. Does anything actually feel real to them? I just can't imagine anyone genuinely enjoying curating every moment.

Reactions: 13
Oh I 100% agree kids should be out enjoying nature! And 100% agree influencers like Lauren are only interested in creating content with zero cares given to the safety of others who want to imitate their ‘joyous’ activities.

Everything Lauren does is carefully curated to perceive the perfect idyllic country lifestyle, wafting around fields in floaty dresses, swinging a basket around while being followed by two little boys in matching twee outfits carrying sticks and with handkerchiefs hanging off the back. It’s all so ridiculous and must take her ages and be absolutely exhausting to get such perfection all the time. The sad thing is, this isn’t really how anyone lives anymore, it looks idyllic and lovely, but totally out of time and unattainable. Like something out of the darling buds of may, or an Enid blyton novel. Even sadder is the fact it’s all those little boys have known. Imagine having a mother who insists on these twee activities to film and photograph for the gram, instead of just enjoying your childhood and playing ball games with you without having to always be gurning, pretending to be living your best life while getting the best camera shots for your Instagram account. It takes ages to keep up with the level of perfect content Lauren creates, so while she thinks she’s the perfect mother, creating the perfect wholesome memories for her children, all they’ll probably really remember, is the time it all took and the reshoots etc of all the filming & photographing she does during these ‘perfect moments’. They may enjoy it atm as it’s all they’ve ever known, but I don’t think they’ll look back and relish the fact they wore shirts with bow ties & played ‘pooh sticks’ for their mother to film, once they realise they were used for content and missed out on so much more!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Those boys carrying napkin sticks in the woods was the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen on Instagram! Someone should have intervened at that point and had a word.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The table scene in the field......
Can you imagine taking the dog for a walk and coming across that? What an absolute twit! It's absolutely so so cringe, I can feel the second hand embarrassment!

• Haha
Crumplebury does not sound like a real place...makes the whole thing sound even more surreal. Also, I absolutely HATE those posts like the one she reposted with the woman doing her mums makeup for a treat. It's so bloody patronising, do these women forget that their mothers were adults before they were even born, they speak about them like they're children. So horrible to post a 'before' photo of your own mother...there's nothing wrong with a bare face.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You can certainly see the realistic artistic talent of a 5 year old on that bag he made at school. Anything she does crafty with them is always clearly done by her. This might be the most ‘real’ thing she has ever posted and then she ruins a lovely present by tagging brands thus making it the saddest thing she has ever posted. Eating out again today must be the fourth weekend in a row - how can that possibly feel like a treat / feel spoiled, it is so mundane for her - perhaps Cols cooking not that good after all. I suppose she needed a break from the kitchen this weekend after making that garlic bread 😂, must be the most cooking she has done since her last ad for Kitchenaid or some butter company!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
“Ollie” ordered her Peony cupcakes for her Mother’s Day present - she’s either trolling or she’s actually lost the plot at this point. Poor kid, he’s going to be torn apart by his mothers internet footprint in the future 🙈

Reactions: 11
I don't follow any more but thought I'd pop back as used to really like her (years ago). It's all so false now. Peony cupcakes from your small child? Utter ridiculousness and a complete parody account now surely. There can't be any spontaneous joy in the family.

Crumplebury does not sound like a real place...makes the whole thing sound even more surreal. Also, I absolutely HATE those posts like the one she reposted with the woman doing her mums makeup for a treat. It's so bloody patronising, do these women forget that their mothers were adults before they were even born, they speak about them like they're children. So horrible to post a 'before' photo of your own mother...there's nothing wrong with a bare face.
The women who's post she shared is another one who calls herself a 'digital creator' and has just been on a press trip to Jo Malone. I find these accounts so boring now because they are all trying to be something on the internet but so many of these ladies are dressing the same, have the same interiors etc. It's frankly depressing to see a group of middle class people get gifted so much stuff whilst there's so much poverty in the UK and there's a war going on.

Reactions: 19
I don't follow any more but thought I'd pop back as used to really like her (years ago). It's all so false now. Peony cupcakes from your small child? Utter ridiculousness and a complete parody account now surely. There can't be any spontaneous joy in the family.
Same! It started to get me really depressed because I couldn’t figure out how she was doing everything so perfectly all the time. Then I found myself here and opened a can of worms. Felt so stupid!

I asked her once how she manages to get so few negative comments on her account, it was always really positive. Even charities and accounts of dying children get crappy comments and trolls and she gets NOTHING. She said she’s never had any and that she’s been really lucky! 🙄 Now I assume she manages the comments or deletes negative DMs. Someone must have called her out on there by now? Surely? Just so so so fake.

Reactions: 11
Flogging a ridiculously priced #gifted Floks duvet now but with a oh so generous discount code. So only £273 not £365.

does ‘for Floks sake’ get by the swear test for thread titles?? 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She ALWAYS likes and comments on posts by Herefordshire builders Border Oak and Oakwrights, I guarantee you she is aspiring to be the first Insta hun to be ‘gifted’ / pr product of a house 😂😂😂😂. Can you actually imagine it! I don’t think anyone would buy from them again!!

Reactions: 7
Flogging a ridiculously priced #gifted Floks duvet now but with a oh so generous discount code. So only £273 not £365.

does ‘for Floks sake’ get by the swear test for thread titles?? 😂😂😂
Thread title: For Floks sake Lauren McQVC strikes again!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.