Hunters & Heels #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think she actually said she lost someone. She said it had been an emotional week because they had had some sad news about a loved one. As usual with an instagrammer it was all ‘sorry for the silence and I am now going to give you a snippet but not really share anything with you so that you are all left wonderIng and worrying about me’!!! What really takes the biscuit is she makes this statement (timed for max engagement), edits the statement (building intrigue), says they are having an early night (as totes emosh) with their books - how utterly glamorous and perfect- but in reality she has been glued to her phone and the flood of comments rolling in and replying to them since the minute she posted - again boosting engagement and interacting with followers.
👌👌👌👌This is precisely my thoughts on it. She’s literally doing a come on for the next post where she can “spill”. It’s so inappropriate and literally just for content. Actually makes me feel a bit sick. I’ve just heard a very good friend’s twin brother has just died from covid 😞, I’m so upset for the whole family (he was mid 30s), but I haven’t gone out putting pre spoilers on social media in order to garner the attention. It’s terrible, disgusting behaviour.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think she actually said she lost someone. She said it had been an emotional week because they had had some sad news about a loved one. As usual with an instagrammer it was all ‘sorry for the silence and I am now going to give you a snippet but not really share anything with you so that you are all left wonderIng and worrying about me’!!! What really takes the biscuit is she makes this statement (timed for max engagement), edits the statement (building intrigue), says they are having an early night (as totes emosh) with their books - how utterly glamorous and perfect- but in reality she has been glued to her phone and the flood of comments rolling in and replying to them since the minute she posted - again boosting engagement and interacting with followers.
#Ad must be due

Reactions: 4
V true. Not an early night reading a book, early night reading your phone so strangers can console you about 'something'. Still managed to get a candle in shot too.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I follow her and haven’t really paid attention to her feed for a long time due to the sheer tweeness and #ad grabbing. Her latest post came up in my feed tonight and I felt horrified.

If you have lost someone you love Instagram is not the place you turn to for comfort - not as this early stage anyway. It reeks of trying to manipulate a situation to her advantage. I saw red. Had to stop myself from commenting. Real anger. Sick of influencers milking covid.

Came here instead as was sure there must be a thread about her. BREATHE

From her edited post it could just be bad news about Cols job and financial security too. I’ve seen lots of directors and managers taking pay cuts etc.

She is so pathetic though isn't she? She is like a demanding friend that you would dump for being so woe is I.

From her edited post it could just be bad news about Cols job and financial security too. I’ve seen lots of directors and managers taking pay cuts etc.
Yes I think she edited the post because people were consoling her about an assumed death and she realised her post maybe implied that even though she didn’t say anything. Don’t worry though she will be jumping on stories all smiles like nothing has happened soon enough, this is the woman who went straight to a Wallis event a few days after her beloved Grandfather died which left her completely devastated. I suppose people deal with grief in different ways.

• Wow
  • Haha
With a total lack of content for weeks on end this has certainly grabbed everyone’s attention though hasn’t it! “You say it best when you say nothing at all”! My first thoughts were that the dog had gone which I would be very sorry about 😔Sadly the cynic in me is truly wondering if it’s something else 🤷‍♀️

I follow her and haven’t really paid attention to her feed for a long time due to the sheer tweeness and #ad grabbing. Her latest post came up in my feed tonight and I felt horrified.

If you have lost someone you love Instagram is not the place you turn to for comfort - not as this early stage anyway. It reeks of trying to manipulate a situation to her advantage. I saw red. Had to stop myself from commenting. Real anger. Sick of influencers milking covid.

Came here instead as was sure there must be a thread about her. BREATHE
Read the back stories, you are in for an eye opener

• Wow
Reactions: 1
The picture of the two boys in cream jumpers and watering cans. All so staged. Who puts cream jumpers and aprons on for gardening. What’s wrong with having a little fun and getting muddy. Those boys really are her puppets to pose for the gram. So sad.
Just so so so so fake!!!!! I mean she’s probably got her ring light and proper expensive camera. Mine are usually in their Spider-Man pants covered in mud in the garden but I suppose that doesn’t match her image

I noticed this “going to read their books” but she replied to about 200 comments so phone glued to her hand

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If it is the dog, that’s very sad and I suspect she’ll be genuinely gutted as, as much of a knob as she is, she really seems to love her (the dog). An elderly staffy isn’t very ‘on brand’ for her, Hallie pre-dates all of her sepia-toned insta guffery and her relationship with ‘Col’. It strikes me that Hallie is the only part of ‘old Lauren’ left, before she became a parody of twee, middle class, middle England.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If it is the dog, that’s very sad and I suspect she’ll be genuinely gutted as, as much of a knob as she is, she really seems to love her (the dog). An elderly staffy isn’t very ‘on brand’ for her, Hallie pre-dates all of her sepia-toned insta guffery and her relationship with ‘Col’. It strikes me that Hallie is the only part of ‘old Lauren’ left, before she became a parody of twee, middle class, middle England.
Shes not really middle class though. It’s all a con. She can’t personally afford the lifestyle she pretends to have.

Reactions: 10
So it seems she has lost someone- which makes the previous editing seem even stranger. I would not wish this on anyone, such an awful time and I know everyone has different ways of dealing with grief but for six / seven weeks, despite the global situation and the thousands of lives lost, she has unashamedly and continually thrust her perfect life and perfect homeschooling ideas and trivial make up tutorials and outfits at everyone with total disregard- so that it remains a ‘positive place’ - but really for financial gain. That is not reality and sometimes people want reality, so we know we are all in it together, which is not the same as negativity, it just means you have the ability to empathise without making it all about you. I am sure she is completely devastated but please don’t pretend you are concerned about others - asking everyone who comments on her post if they are ok - or that you are unable to engage at the moment (only this morning she has commented on Cara Suthers ad for Next) - business and engagement always a priority. It just doesn’t ring true and makes her seem more insincere than ever. The problem with these people is that they are so ruthless the way they use social media for their own gain it is very difficult to sympathise with them when things get difficult.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So it seems she has lost someone- which makes the previous editing seem even stranger. I would not wish this on anyone, such an awful time and I know everyone has different ways of dealing with grief but for six / seven weeks, despite the global situation and the thousands of lives lost, she has unashamedly and continually thrust her perfect life and perfect homeschooling ideas and trivial make up tutorials and outfits at everyone with total disregard- so that it remains a ‘positive place’ - but really for financial gain. That is not reality and sometimes people want reality, so we know we are all in it together, which is not the same as negativity, it just means you have the ability to empathise without making it all about you. I am sure she is completely devastated but please don’t pretend you are concerned about others - asking everyone who comments on her post if they are ok - or that you are unable to engage at the moment (only this morning she has commented on Cara Suthers ad for Next) - business and engagement always a priority. It just doesn’t ring true and makes her seem more insincere than ever. The problem with these people is that they are so ruthless the way they use social media for their own gain it is very difficult to sympathise with them when things get difficult.
100%. The last 2 months she has shamelessly plugged non essential items down our throats while people were losing the jobs alongside their loved ones. I hope really i hope she will now see the bigger picture. But i doubt it.

This 👆 !!! 👏 Omg influencers seem to do this for pure attention. Sure something bad has happened in Laura life and I’m sure if they have lost a family member (?) that is truly awful, but it’s the way they give a snippet but not the full picture and leave followers asking whether they are ok etc etc. I really think it’s distasteful actually. Her mate justalittlebuild has done it twice recently, hinting that she may be poorly and even showing a pic of her legs in hospital (I mean why do that?), but not wishing to divulge any further, but immediately receives messages of sympathy. My point is just keep quiet if you don’t want people to know what’s going on in your private life. Don’t use peoples emotions for your own advantage.This sort of behaviour screams attention seeking, and a way to increase engagement and I don’t think that’s very nice. Keep some of your private life private. And if you’ve got nothing to say then don’t say it in the first place. I do hope the dog hasn’t died though - I liked the dog!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This 👆 !!! 👏 Omg influencers seem to do this for pure attention. Sure something bad has happened in Laura life and I’m sure if they have lost a family member (?) that is truly awful, but it’s the way they give a snippet but not the full picture and leave followers asking whether they are ok etc etc. I really think it’s distasteful actually. Her mate justalittlebuild has done it twice recently, hinting that she may be poorly and even showing a pic of her legs in hospital (I mean why do that?), but not wishing to divulge any further, but immediately receives messages of sympathy. My point is just keep quiet if you don’t want people to know what’s going on in your private life. Don’t use peoples emotions for your own advantage.This sort of behaviour screams attention seeking, and a way to increase engagement and I don’t think that’s very nice. Keep some of your private life private. And if you’ve got nothing to say then don’t say it in the first place. I do hope the dog hasn’t died though - I liked the dog!
I agree completely. Either you’re sharing (because you want sympathy from strangers) or you’re not (because you’re dealing with your grieve with your family as one would expect)...but not Lauren, she’s still jusT garnering engagement and still keeping it quiet, but not quiet

- post 1: oh it’s such a sad time (engagement maximum with questions and confusions and Sympathy comments)
- post 2: to clarify, it’s sad because we lost someone. (Another ramp up so that people can send more sympathy and replied to everyone).

Presumably she can drag this out whilst simultaneously justifying her existence On social media at a tricky time for influencers because now someone has died she’s not stuck for content and is pretty much like Teflon as if anyone slags her off they’re bullying a grieving person and a troll.

I think it’s tasteless and really a low blow.

I agree completely. Either you’re sharing (because you want sympathy from strangers) or you’re not (because you’re dealing with your grieve with your family as one would expect)...but not Lauren, she’s still jusT garnering engagement and still keeping it quiet, but not quiet

- post 1: oh it’s such a sad time (engagement maximum with questions and confusions and Sympathy comments)
- post 2: to clarify, it’s sad because we lost someone. (Another ramp up so that people can send more sympathy and replied to everyone).

Presumably she can drag this out whilst simultaneously justifying her existence On social media at a tricky time for influencers because now someone has died she’s not stuck for content and is pretty much like Teflon as if anyone slags her off they’re bullying a grieving person and a troll.

I think it’s tasteless and really a low blow.
Yes, and she even managed to put out the post at her usual scheduled time of first thing in the am - apparently it beats the algorithms and maximises engagement / when mist people are looking at their phones. She always posts early in the am or in the evening. Timing the perfect curated post is not really appropriate when going through somethIng like that but it still clearly is a priority to her.

Two people have assumed it’s the dog and she’s had to clarify it’s not.

Many comments have opened their heart to her saying about their loved ones dying of Covid 19 and it’s the usual bland “I’m so sorry darling” 🙄

That’s awful and not very empathetic....it’s playing with peoples emotions and now really is not the time (actually never the time) to play games or say things just for attention. These instagrammers need to grow up and stop with ‘all this silly nonsense’ as my dear old grandma would have said. Grab attention, sympathy, love from your family, and if you crave validation from people you’ve never met online, then you really need to start re-evaluating your life.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.