How much sex is "normal" in a relationship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all šŸ‘‹šŸ¼ just had a little mooch through this thread and wondered if anyone had any experience with the followingā€¦ (Iā€™ll give some backstory first)
My boyfriend of 4 years and I have sex every 3-6 months generally. Neither of us have a very big sex drive but I also fully understand if you donā€™t use it you lose it! We both say weā€™ll both make more effort but then we donā€™t, because we donā€™t want to šŸ¤£šŸ«£ which is fine because weā€™re both happy with it. I think we say weā€™ll make more effort because society tells us we should have sex more often. I work away 3-4 nights a week and he does shifts. Both totally loyal and not venturing anywhere else, I trust him wholeheartedly. I totally fancy the pants off him but still just have no desire to have sex that often. David beckham could lay on my bed naked and Iā€™d still want to go to sleep haha.
So now for the ā€˜experienceā€™ sideā€¦ I have the mirena coil fitted and Iā€™m curious if this can be a libido killer. Has anyone else had this side effect? Itā€™s actually due out in a couple weeks and Iā€™m looking forward to see how my body changes and reacts to having no hormones pumped in me anymore.
Thanks if you got this far! ā™„
The Mirena has hormones, just a lower dose of it. I had two Mirenas and now a Kyleena and I strongly suspect that the Mirena killed my libido for large chunks of time.

Reactions: 1
So v personal post. My OH is 13y older than me; we had an active sex life really until we started having fertility issues (timed sex can really kill the passion lol)! Now maybe once or twice a month after alcohol has been consumed (on his part). We talk about it and he acknowledges but nothing has changed.

Recently he has issues ā€œsustainingā€ which I get is very embarrassing but itā€™s driving an even bigger wedge!

Weā€™ve both put on weight and I feel body conciousā€¦. I guess I just needed to ā€œsayā€ this out loud

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hey all šŸ‘‹šŸ¼ just had a little mooch through this thread and wondered if anyone had any experience with the followingā€¦ (Iā€™ll give some backstory first)
My boyfriend of 4 years and I have sex every 3-6 months generally. Neither of us have a very big sex drive but I also fully understand if you donā€™t use it you lose it! We both say weā€™ll both make more effort but then we donā€™t, because we donā€™t want to šŸ¤£šŸ«£ which is fine because weā€™re both happy with it. I think we say weā€™ll make more effort because society tells us we should have sex more often. I work away 3-4 nights a week and he does shifts. Both totally loyal and not venturing anywhere else, I trust him wholeheartedly. I totally fancy the pants off him but still just have no desire to have sex that often. David beckham could lay on my bed naked and Iā€™d still want to go to sleep haha.
So now for the ā€˜experienceā€™ sideā€¦ I have the mirena coil fitted and Iā€™m curious if this can be a libido killer. Has anyone else had this side effect? Itā€™s actually due out in a couple weeks and Iā€™m looking forward to see how my body changes and reacts to having no hormones pumped in me anymore.
Thanks if you got this far! ā™„
You could scrap contraception and rely on just having sex at the opposite times to when you're fertile?

Reactions: 2
Been with my bf a couple of years and at the beginning we both had high sex drives. We don't live together but we would have sex every time we saw each other so a few times week. While his has remained at a high, I am finding that mine has lowered over the last few months. Not cos I don't find him attractive or don't enjoy it. I just find myself preferring sleep or if I have something on my mind, I find it hard to get in the mood/switch off.

We still have sex weekly but not everytime we meet, but I just feel a bit meh because I have noticed we aren't doing it as much (because of me) . Guess I'm just feeling insecure about it even though he says it's okay

Reactions: 4
You could scrap contraception and rely on just having sex at the opposite times to when you're fertile?
Thanks for the reassurance friends šŸ¤—
This is the route Iā€™m going to go down I think! Iā€™m thinking of subscribing to natural cycles, monitoring my cycle and just using condoms also. I actually cannot wait to get this thing out of my body now! šŸ˜© I donā€™t know if itā€™s psychological or not but I have been feeling more interested in sex, letā€™s say šŸ¤£ itā€™s expiry is in a week so I imagine the hormones itā€™s producing are very very low now

• Haha
Hi does anyone have a partner who goes to bed early ish because they have to get up early for work? He goes to bed 8pm and I go 10/11pm. I stay up to sort the dogs, do a bit of housework etc.
Iā€™m finding itā€™s affecting our sex life.
We could do it when I go to bed. He has said heā€™s happy to be woken up for sex but I donā€™t want sex with a sleepy, bed breath husband who wants a quickie.
Am I being a witch?

• Haha
Hi does anyone have a partner who goes to bed early ish because they have to get up early for work? He goes to bed 8pm and I go 10/11pm. I stay up to sort the dogs, do a bit of housework etc.
We could do it when I go to bed. He has said heā€™s happy to be woken up for sex but I donā€™t want sex with a sleepy, bed breath husband who wants a quickie.
Am I being a witch?
Could you go through at 8 then get back up after? Or after heā€™s showered after work/in the morning?

Reactions: 6
Could you go through at 8 then get back up after? Or after heā€™s showered after work/in the morning?
He gets up at 4am & I donā€™t get home from work until 6pm. Could do it when he goes to bed but we have two boys upstairsā€™ usually on their Xboxā€™s being loud. I get paranoid they could hear or walk in šŸ˜©šŸ˜©šŸ˜©

• Heart
Reactions: 1
To look at it from the other angle. Hed rather have sex where you have verbalised you do not want to but will do it to prevent relationship breakdown than have a wank.

There is a word for having sex with someone without enthusiastic consent.

2 weeks is really not a long time :(
I have to admit I have had sex on occasions when I did not want to , just to keep him 'happy' - I'd just feel numb after it. šŸ˜

• Sad
I have to admit I have had sex on occasions when I did not want to , just to keep him 'happy' - I'd just feel numb after it. šŸ˜
I'm sorry you are dealing with this @Nellinton

I know real life isnt always simple but is there a way out of this situation for you? Do you feel safe and happy in your home?

• Heart
Am I being a witch?
Can you not do it before he goes to bed šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
---
He gets up at 4am & I donā€™t get home from work until 6pm. Could do it when he goes to bed but we have two boys upstairsā€™ usually on their Xboxā€™s being loud. I get paranoid they could hear or walk in šŸ˜©šŸ˜©šŸ˜©
Sorry I have just seen this after I posted

ahh itā€™s hard when you have kids isnā€™t it!! I wouldnā€™t want to do it at 4 am Jesus šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ does he work 7 days a week would he stay up a bit later on day???

Reactions: 3
Can you not do it before he goes to bed šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
---

Sorry I have just seen this after I posted

ahh itā€™s hard when you have kids isnā€™t it!! I wouldnā€™t want to do it at 4 am Jesus šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ does he work 7 days a week would he stay up a bit later on day???
On the weekends heā€™s so tired but we do try and do it on the weekend or Sunday morning. Bed breath is just such a turn off for me though

• Heart
On the weekends heā€™s so tired but we do try and do it on the weekend or Sunday morning. Bed breath is just such a turn off for me though
Could you try diff positions so youre not face to face šŸ™ŠšŸ˜‚ I am sorry in advance for even saying this hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Surely if he wants sex he can make time for it? Speaking from a guys perspective, he needs to make more effort imo.

Reactions: 6
Surely if he wants sex he can make time for it? Speaking from a guys perspective, he needs to make more effort imo.
Iā€™m fairness if he says heā€™s happy to be woken up but op doesnā€™t want that, before he leaves nor when he gets into bed or when the kids are up, it doesnā€™t really leave much time, if Iā€™m reading it right.
I think mints or if he wakes you up after heā€™s brushed his teeth, before he goes to work is the best bet.
Also get a water flosser - brilliant if you suffer from morning breath.

Reactions: 5