How much sex is "normal" in a relationship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Early on I had a higher libido then my husband and was always asking him for it. Not long after I gave up and feel quite asexual now. Could quite happily live without it now, I didn't really ever enjoy it anyway.

Reactions: 2
I’m fairness if he says he’s happy to be woken up but op doesn’t want that, before he leaves nor when he gets into bed or when the kids are up, it doesn’t really leave much time, if I’m reading it right.
I think mints or if he wakes you up after he’s brushed his teeth, before he goes to work is the best bet.
Also get a water flosser - brilliant if you suffer from morning breath.
He could push his bedtime back by an hour or even half an hour, surely any man would if it guarantees sex!?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Surely if he wants sex he can make time for it? Speaking from a guys perspective, he needs to make more effort imo.
He does want sex? He’d have it if I were covered in dog tit. It’s me that’s the issue 🤔
---
I’m fairness if he says he’s happy to be woken up but op doesn’t want that, before he leaves nor when he gets into bed or when the kids are up, it doesn’t really leave much time, if I’m reading it right.
I think mints or if he wakes you up after he’s brushed his teeth, before he goes to work is the best bet.
Also get a water flosser - brilliant if you suffer from morning breath.
I love my water flosser!
---
Surely if he wants sex he can make time for it? Speaking from a guys perspective, he needs to make more effort imo.
How can he make an effort if he’s asleep? His job involves driving so he needs his sleep.
---
He could push his bedtime back by an hour or even half an hour, surely any man would if it guarantees sex!?
He tries but he’s asleep on the sofa 8pm. Getting up at 3:30am/4am takes its toll. Plus some of his job is driving a lorry so he needs his sleep.

Reactions: 3
He tries but he’s asleep on the sofa 8pm. Getting up at 3:30am/4am takes its toll. Plus some of his job is driving a lorry so he needs his sleep.
I know it’s not ideal, but if you have a second bathroom or en suite could you use it for quickie when you get home? That way you can make sure you’re not disturbed and the children will be none the wiser as to what’s going on.

Reactions: 1
I know it’s not ideal, but if you have a second bathroom or en suite could you use it for quickie when you get home? That way you can make sure you’re not disturbed and the children will be none the wiser as to what’s going on.
We sometimes do it in the shower or after I’ve had a shower he’ll come up it’s just the night time thing. Sometimes I want to go to bed and have sex but getting it on with someone snoring doesn’t do it for me 😂 Yes it’s my issue before someone says he needs to make the effort

Anyway I’m interested to know what other people do, say if someone works nights. Must be hard.

Reactions: 1
We sometimes do it in the shower or after I’ve had a shower he’ll come up it’s just the night time thing. Sometimes I want to go to bed and have sex but getting it on with someone snoring doesn’t do it for me 😂 Yes it’s my issue before someone says he needs to make the effort

Anyway I’m interested to know what other people do, say if someone works nights. Must be hard.
My husband goes to bed at 7-7.30 as he's also up in the middle of the night. To be honest it's never really affected our sex life. I usually go to bed about 9pm. Even then my husband always wakes to give me a cuddle and some nights it leads to sex. Early morning sex is also fab. He's always mad for it when he wakens. I blissfully go back to sleep when he gets out of bed!
The very odd week we go without sex during the week due to tiredness etc ..my opinion is... if you want to make it work...,it will work. X

Reactions: 6
My husband goes to bed at 7-7.30 as he's also up in the middle of the night. To be honest it's never really affected our sex life. I usually go to bed about 9pm. Even then my husband always wakes to give me a cuddle and some nights it leads to sex. Early morning sex is also fab. He's always mad for it when he wakens. I blissfully go back to sleep when he gets out of bed!
The very odd week we go without sex during the week due to tiredness etc ..my opinion is... if you want to make it work...,it will work. X
I’m just not into it in the morning. Don’t know. Maybe I’m not horny enough 😂

@restingbtcface I feel for you, I really do. I love my sleep, so I wouldn’t want to be woken up with the expectation I can simply go back to sleep after. Best option for me would be the bathroom quickie route when you get home (you’re brave attempting shower sex - I know I would end up in A&E knowing my luck😅).

Omg there's clearly something wrong with my sex life, people doing quickies in the bathroom and waking up for sex, meanwhile I can't be arsed when conditions are perfect for it (same work pattern, own house, no kids) 😂

I used to have a high sex drive but the last few years it's barely existent

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Omg there's clearly something wrong with my sex life, people doing quickies in the bathroom and waking up for sex, meanwhile I can't be arsed when conditions are perfect for it (same work pattern, own house, no kids) 😂

I used to have a high sex drive but the last few years it's barely existent
Re low sex drive, progesterone cream helped me increase my libido as I have excess oestrogen.

I refuse to have morning sex because I feel dirty, but then once I’ve had my shower for the morning ahead, I do not want to immediately have sex and get sweaty 😭

Reactions: 11
Re low sex drive, progesterone cream helped me increase my libido as I have excess oestrogen.
Wouldn't want to mess with hormones. I'm still rather young. I think for me it's mostly to do with complacency of long term relationship and also work stress etc.

I refuse to have morning sex because I feel dirty, but then once I’ve had my shower for the morning ahead, I do not want to immediately have sex and get sweaty 😭
Do you shower again after sex or just go about your day

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When I was younger I didn’t mind morning sex. I say this at 28🤣🤣🤣. I’m too tired for that. Me and my partner do go to bed early tbf but we usually do it around 9pm😂😂 then we’re both straight to sleep after that more or less 🙈.
im not sure I would actually want him to wake me up in the early hours. Those days are gone 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m just not into it in the morning. Don’t know. Maybe I’m not horny enough 😂
I really don't like morning sex either, I just too long to wake up and start moving in the morning. I like it on the weekends, when you don't need to get up for anything and you can take your time, but 7 am on a weekday is a big no no!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Do you shower again after sex or just go about your day
I shower!!! 🫠 I’m always straight up anyway for the anti-UTI wee so might as well as im in the bathroom

the idea of having sex anywhere a private bathroom is not nearby gives me the fear

Reactions: 7
I really don't like morning sex either, I just too long to wake up and start moving in the morning. I like it on the weekends, when you don't need to get up for anything and you can take your time, but 7 am on a weekday is a big no no!
I’m glad it’s not just me. I mean before we had a baby we would do it at weekends in the morning but don’t think we have done it in four years in the morning 😂. I’m really not a morning person either and takes me a while to wake up

I'm single but two of my best friends have sex once a week with their husbands. It's always the same night unless it's time of the month. I used to laugh but they said it stops the husband trying it on when they don't feel like it, they know it's booked in so it doesn't become a thing and it's like an agreement. Seems to suit them very well. One of them chose a Wednesday night though which I thought was strange.

• Haha
Reactions: 11