Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I’m using Pureology Hydrate at the moment, I got it on offer a few weeks ago I think I was £67 for 1 litre bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I have dyed blonde hair and despite not having it cut or coloured in 6 months due to covid, my hair has never felt in better condition. It was recommended to me by a hairdresser but not one who sells products.

Its SLS free also. Absolutely love it. I initially bought the 250ml bottles to try it, I think the set was £25.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

PoleStar

Chatty Member
Usually direct from my hairdresser but during lockdown I got it from the cult beauty website and got 10% off as it was my first purchase from them.
Look Fantastic sell it too and more often than not they have discounts on. I've been shopping with for about 12 years, really like them.

www.lookfantastic.com/
LOOKFANTASTIC Official Site
Ultimate Beauty Destination

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Resurrecting this rather than starting a new thread to ask, did anyone find their hair became more greasy once using shampoo bars? And I’m not just talking to initial transition period, I’ve used bars for about 6 months and in the last month or so the back of my head has been greasy when I’ve blow dried. At first I assumed it’s some sort of build up but I’ve made sure I’m washing the product out completely and I’m careful to only use the conditioner in the length of my hair and not the roots 😒
What shampoo bar did you get? I find if they're not clarifying ones I do get a build up, even if you think you're washing it out properly it can still leave a residue tbh. The only one I've personally found that didn't do this for me was whatever the clarifying one is called from Lush.

So glad to see this thread, I'm about to go back through now for recommendations! I usually use Aussie or if I'm feeling extravagant the gold Redken bottles but the change of seasons is playing havoc with my hair so I might invest in something else. The Davines NOUNOU mask is a life saver for me.

theghosttown

VIP Member
I love this 😁 I'd never grudge anyone treating themselves. It's like saying you shouldn't live in a house because people are homeless.
I spend a bit on skin care too. I've not been blessed with immaculate skin or hair, it's part of your overall health so I see it as an investment.
I was using tresseme just there to get the bottle used up and my hair & scalp got bad quickly. Back to the natural albeit expensive hair care for me! I'll slap myself after each lather since I'm such a bad person for buying it if it makes anyone feel better 😂

The Manta brush is good for hair loss too. Hardly any hair comes out when brushing. I'm sure the guy invented it for his wife who was suffering from hair loss.
Definitely, I think hair is soooooooo important. If my hair looks shit I feel shit. Honestly try the texturising spray. It smells divine and the packaging is so luxurious haha.

That’s for the tip I’ll look into that!!!!

EDIT- I’ve just looked!! You’re a bloody life saver. It’s an anti static brush and I struggle soooooo bad with static hair!!!!

slugella

VIP Member
My hair gets greasy quite quickly. I've been using the Elvive clay shampoo for the past couple of years designed for greasy roots and dry ends which is the best I have tried. I wash in the morning, sleep in dry shampoo that evening, and then leave it a day and wash again the morning after (so wash every other day but wouldn't last that long without dry shampoo).

I recently bought a massive bottle of the Sukin Natural Balance and am so disappointed and gave it to my boyfriend (a big treat for him honestly he could wash his hair with washing up liquid and not even notice 😂 😭). It left my hair feeling all gross and greasy around the back of my head like there was loads of build up.

Would love to go for one with better ingredients and no sulphates/silicones but every time I've tried one my hair just dries greasy. Shampoo bars never worked either and good gosh have i tried to train my hair to like them! Any recommendations?

I usually use Oribe Gold Lust too, I only wash my hair twice a week so it lasts. The smell is absolutely divine.

I have however had to switch to Nioxin, not sure if everything going on the is causing it but my hair has been shedding more than usual.

Spencerskates

VIP Member
The Body Shop banana shampoo and conditioner works wonders on my hair.

It isn’t damaged as I’ve never dyed it and rarely use heat, but it can still be fairly dull looking and flat - it’s quite fine but I have a LOT of it!

Bae56

@Instawhut! Qvc do a rhassoul clay that might be good. It's used as a shampoo. I have naturally limp hair & that really helped. I have scalp psoriasis & it helped that too.

I only get my hair done (coloured) twice a year, I've always trimmed in between myself. Thankfully it looks like they'll be open by the time I'm due back.

• Heart

Thecatsmother

Can anyone recommend anything for super frizzy hair? My hair is straight but it’s so frizzy and I’m so embarrassed! I have to wash it a lot because of how greasy it is too. I realise this won’t be helping... I’ve tried shampoos and treatments you can get in places like Superdrug (Aussie, Tresemme, John Frieda etc) but I’m so fed up now that I’m prepared to go more expensive
Use a micro fibre towel to dry hair, and sleep on a satin pillow case ☺

Bae56

Not so much if a recommendation but I found the Aussie dry shampoo rubbish. I got a trial size of IGK charcoal & I'm on the fence as to whether it's worth the money, its probably only marginally better than Batiste. The smell is nice but maybe a bit sickly.

I buy L’Oreal Serie Expert. It’s expensive for the 350ml bottles. I have the original one I got of that from a salon but now buy it in bulk, 1.5L bottles from eBay and top up the small bottle for in the shower. I also have a leave in spray that can be used as a conditioner by the same brand. I do however buy any old £1 conditioner to put in my hair now and again too

LittleMy

VIP Member
I use TIGI Bedhead Urban Antidotes shampoo and conditioner. Can get both 750ml bottles together for £14 online and they last ages. They’re sulphate free and my hair has never felt better since using them.

Thecatsmother

Currently use the OGX biotin & keratin shampoo and conditioner (About £10 for each on offer at boots), with a occasional olaplex no3 (£26) treatment. If I feel I need a deep condition then I use the Garnier papaya hair masque which is about £3.50 when on offer.

I’ve just stopped doing the curly girl method which is a whole different ballgame🥴

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I use olaplex shampoo and conditioner. It works out about £50 for both. They last me about 4 months. My hair was really dried from regular bleach before I started using it and now it’s in great condition so it’s money well spent for me.

Bae56

The bloody cheek of someone judging you. If you want to spend £500 on shampoo then more power to you!!!! People probably think I’m mental for the amount I spend on make up and endless skin care but I couldn’t give a shit. You enjoy your shampoo!!! I love their volumising / texturising spray - I would deffo recommend!!

Back to the question anyhoo. I use Maui anti breakage shampoo, I definitely have noticed a difference in my hair. I’m currently at my mums and have had to emergency use treseme and my hair is SOOOOOOOOOOOO frizzy haha. I’m thinking of getting olaplex shampoo and conditioner for once a week.

Does anyone have any recommendation for hair loss? I’ve noticed a tonne of shedding at the moment - I have PCOS X
I love this 😁 I'd never grudge anyone treating themselves. It's like saying you shouldn't live in a house because people are homeless.
I spend a bit on skin care too. I've not been blessed with immaculate skin or hair, it's part of your overall health so I see it as an investment.
I was using tresseme just there to get the bottle used up and my hair & scalp got bad quickly. Back to the natural albeit expensive hair care for me! I'll slap myself after each lather since I'm such a bad person for buying it if it makes anyone feel better 😂

The Manta brush is good for hair loss too. Hardly any hair comes out when brushing. I'm sure the guy invented it for his wife who was suffering from hair loss.

• Haha

Lolly505

VIP Member
The Body Shop banana shampoo and conditioner works wonders on my hair.

It isn’t damaged as I’ve never dyed it and rarely use heat, but it can still be fairly dull looking and flat - it’s quite fine but I have a LOT of it!
I use the £1 knock-off version of this by XHC and it's pretty decent. No silicones or SLS and it's smells great (just a shame the scent doesn't last very well). I've tried more expensive shampoos like OGX but I've not really been wowed by any - so I'm happy to enough with a £1 😅

I've been working my way through a bottle of Lidl's cheap apple shampoo during lockdown, just to see really. It's not bad imo but I prefer using it as a kind of 'cleansing' shampoo rather than day to day.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Currently use the OGX biotin & keratin shampoo and conditioner (About £10 for each on offer at boots), with a occasional olaplex no3 (£26) treatment. If I feel I need a deep condition then I use the Garnier papaya hair masque which is about £3.50 when on offer.

I’ve just stopped doing the curly girl method which is a whole different ballgame🥴
I love that mask, it’s so good.

• Heart