How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A friend of mine earne 30k, 15k through a home business and her partner earns 70k and all they ever do is plead poverty, own their Own home, no kids, brand new Audi’s, always shopping 🙄
probably cash poor - may earn a lot but if nothing gets put away you have nothing

Reactions: 2
I used to be a manager in social care earning £50k but in reality was working almost double my 37 hours without shift allowances, always on call, spending all my money on childcare, convenience food, cleaner, gardener etc so decided to cut back financially and now work part time for myself as a VA/trainer/writer in the health/wellbeing and charity sector (0-3 days a week, about 25k a year) and part time as a manager in a charity (2 days a week, 10k a year after tax and pension). I'm working on developing a passive income stream now as well. Although some of my work (and pay) is unpredictable, I'm glad I don't have all my eggs in one basket at the moment.

I used to be a manager in social care earning £50k but in reality was working almost double my 37 hours without shift allowances, always on call, spending all my money on childcare, convenience food, cleaner, gardener etc so decided to cut back financially and now work part time for myself as a VA/trainer/writer in the health/wellbeing and charity sector (0-3 days a week, about 25k a year) and part time as a manager in a charity (2 days a week, 10k a year after tax and pension). I'm working on developing a passive income stream now as well. Although some of my work (and pay) is unpredictable, I'm glad I don't have all my eggs in one basket at the moment.
Excuse my ignorance but what is a 'passive income stream' ?

Excuse my ignorance but what is a 'passive income stream' ?
it's something that makes you money but you don't actually have to work at it. ex: renting out a property, dividents from a stock, investing in a business where you're not the owner just make profit because you invested in it

it's something that makes you money but you don't actually have to work at it. ex: renting out a property, dividents from a stock, investing in a business where you're not the owner just make profit because you invested in it
Thank you :)

Reactions: 1
It could also be as simple as writing a book, putting it on amazon. Basically income you don’t have to continually work on.
If I could write a book, I would have done it. Anyway it made me laugh "also be as simple as writing a book".

Reactions: 3
If I could write a book, I would have done it. Anyway it made me laugh "also be as simple as writing a book".
... might knock out a couple of novels this afternoon, get them published and sell on Amazon. i'll see if i'm in the mood :)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Sorry John that my comment has upset your feelings about not being able to write a book. But writing a book is probably less complex than investing or getting a buy to let. And is still passive income

I'm on just under £23,000 as a dental receptionist in the South West. We used to get an annual bonus in January which was great as we all work hard. In November they sold the practice to a corporate company and even though we smashed target we never saw a penny of a bonus or even a Christmas card. :rolleyes: I had a great new job set up on 29K p/a but corona virus has put it on hold and may not even go ahead now. So good to see what other people do - so motivating!!

• Sad
Sorry John that my comment has upset your feelings about not being able to write a book. But writing a book is probably less complex than investing or getting a buy to let. And is still passive income
I meant most of us are not talented enough to write a book, (which anyone would want to buy). You are right it is safer than investing.

Sorry if this has been posted but there are lots of pages to get through!

Anyone here in HR? What’s your role and salary?

I have been propositioned with a role moving into this department but don’t know much about it and career progression etc. Any info would be really helpful!

24, I work 40 hours a week as a Nursery Practitioner in the NW. Take home just below £1300 each month. Notoriously rubbish pay in the childcare sector unfortunately

Im a Clincal Coder. For my NHS part time job i get approx 1200 a month working 24hrs a week. Then I do remote contract work from home and get anywhere between 700-1200 depending on the hours I do. I usually do around 10 hours a week in my contract role.

Sorry if this has been posted but there are lots of pages to get through!

Anyone here in HR? What’s your role and salary?

I have been propositioned with a role moving into this department but don’t know much about it and career progression etc. Any info would be really helpful!
£32k in the north east but am an office manager so responsible for a whole host of things.

Im a Clincal Coder. For my NHS part time job i get approx 1200 a month working 24hrs a week. Then I do remote contract work from home and get anywhere between 700-1200 depending on the hours I do. I usually do around 10 hours a week in my contract role.
Wow this sounds like quite an interesting job! How does one get started in a clinical coding role if you don't mind me asking? I've read that there are a few qualifications to obtain?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.