How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have my own business, retail store - I earn around £50k salary per year from it plus dividends when possible. My husband is self employed contractor in energy, he has a rate of £700 per day, this is before all associated limited company expenses.

We have both made loads of sacrifices, whilst I know we’re really lucky - it’s by no means fallen into our laps. I’m 32, husband is 40 and we have two kids, Scotland.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I haven't read through this thread but I only work a couple of days at minimum wage . I don't even qualify for a workplace pension. I often wonder of it's worth it.

Reactions: 1
Recently Qualified Accountant - 40k per year I am 28 and proud of myself!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Thanks for asking, was about to do the same 😂 The coding roles in the NHS seem very internally-driven, like start off on a band 2 in a department and train for a coding role over several years? They mention qualifications but you appear to have to work for the NHS to access them or is that not the case? @Lou681
Sorry for the mega late reply! I'm newish to tattle and don't come on often. Yes you're right, you do really need to be in a coding role in order to sit the ACC exam. In our trust you are a trainee coder for 2 years on a band 2 and then you start revising for your exam which takes around 6 months. If you pass your exam you automatically go up to a band 5. All trusts seem to be slightly different in the way they do things but you usually cannot get to a band 5 level and above without passing your exam. I passed my exam in 2013 It's a really interesting job and I do enjoy it which is good x

• Heart
Sorry for the mega late reply! I'm newish to tattle and don't come on often. Yes you're right, you do really need to be in a coding role in order to sit the ACC exam. In our trust you are a trainee coder for 2 years on a band 2 and then you start revising for your exam which takes around 6 months. If you pass your exam you automatically go up to a band 5. All trusts seem to be slightly different in the way they do things but you usually cannot get to a band 5 level and above without passing your exam. I passed my exam in 2013 It's a really interesting job and I do enjoy it which is good x
Ahh, thank you for getting back to me 😊 I thought it would be like that. Glad you enjoy your work! It does seem really interesting and I can understand why they’d want you to have a lot of experience beforehand due to the nature of the role. I just wish I’d done coding roles when I worked for the NHS 🤣 I’m in a similar field but couldn’t drop down to band 2 salary to start again.

Ahh, thank you for getting back to me 😊 I thought it would be like that. Glad you enjoy your work! It does seem really interesting and I can understand why they’d want you to have a lot of experience beforehand due to the nature of the role. I just wish I’d done coding roles when I worked for the NHS 🤣 I’m in a similar field but couldn’t drop down to band 2 salary to start again.
I know its really hard isn't it once you get used to a certain amount of money? I'm quite lucky that I kinda fell into the role I was only on a band 2 when I got the job and went to a band 3 and then a band 5 after my exam. There's other fields I would love to go into but, like you, I couldn't take the pay cut and now I also do contract work any new job would have to cover what I earn doing that too. Bit disheartening at times but like i said I do enjoy my job mostly haha xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I work in television production and my rate as a freelancer is £300 per day. So if I get a long job that lasts for months that is fantastic! But if work is quiet and I only get a few days here and there in the quiet months it’s still a decent amount to keep me ticking over. The most I have ever been paid was £500 for one day on an advert for a well known chocolate brand :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm a manager at one of the restaurants my husband has a stake in. Hes in a director role/head chef. I do 36 hours a week for 18k. I get small pay rises every year or so but this is because I do so much more than my "job". I feel underpaid but as my husband is on good wage of 47k feel I cant moan (well I do moan to him )

Me and my husband both work in finance and we earn around £100k a year between us. I work a reduced week so would be more if I was full time.

I'm a manager at one of the restaurants my husband has a stake in. Hes in a director role/head chef. I do 36 hours a week for 18k. I get small pay rises every year or so but this is because I do so much more than my "job". I feel underpaid but as my husband is on good wage of 47k feel I cant moan (well I do moan to him )
18k for that is quite low!

Reactions: 2
£72k before tax, work in an in house law department for a FTSE 100 company, I get a minimum of 30% annual bonus on top of that plus my other benefits (pension, private medical etc)

I work in finance (unqualified) for a private business, £55k. Based in the south but not London.

I work for the nhs band 1 , cleaning , I only do 17 hours a week as I have four children , my annual income is around 7000 , pays my mortgage and bills , I have zero savings as used them for my mortgage deposit

18k for that is quite low!
Yep its low. I do what I like though hours and shifts wise. Get a few hundred quid extra a year in bonus and a few hundred in tips. So probably 19. Funny cos then men in my position earn a few k more, and are tit.
Hospitality is so low paid especially for women

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.