How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I intended on making a channel on behind the scenes with Etsy, etc. but I got more positive feedback from showing people how to make the kind of stuff I sold!! so.. I’ve morphed into more of a diy tutorial channel over the last year and that’s seen me grow to almost 100K. Not really “mainstream” as I keep my personal self out of it except for the occasional house tour/haul! Never set out for it to be what it is but, I feel incredibly grateful as I’m no where near as skilled or qualified as everyone on this thread. 🤣🥰
Are you katnipp?!

Care worker about £12k
Hope you don’t feel I’m putting words in your mouth but that sounds far too low to put it mildly. A disgrace in slightly stronger terms.... how much do you work ?do you feel under valued or is it one of those situations where the pay isn’t the highest but you love what you do and who you work for / with ? It’s a very admirable career in my view, most would never do it out of choice

Reactions: 4
Hope you don’t feel I’m putting words in your mouth but that sounds far too low to put it mildly. A disgrace in slightly stronger terms.... how much do you work ?do you feel under valued or is it one of those situations where the pay isn’t the highest but you love what you do and who you work for / with ? It’s a very admirable career in my view, most would never do it out of choice
Could be part time? Would make sense as that’s below min wage. Or they could mean take home after tax!

Primary school teacher on 35k. I work 3 days since having my little boy and bring home £1,600 a month. Lucky that husband is on a good wage but after mortgage and living we never have much left 😂
Off topic but if you don’t mind me asking, how do you find working 3 days? I’m a primary teacher currently on mat leave and looking to go back 3 days, but i’m a bit of a control freak and not sure I like the idea of job sharing?! 😂

Have 2 jobs - both self employed. One I earn about £400-£500 a month from.
The other is as a housekeeper at £10.75ph and work between 2.5 - 10hrs a week.

Reactions: 2
Off topic but if you don’t mind me asking, how do you find working 3 days? I’m a primary teacher currently on mat leave and looking to go back 3 days, but i’m a bit of a control freak and not sure I like the idea of job sharing?! 😂
Ah of course not, I absolutely love working 3 days in terms of work life balance and home life, but I did initially find it hard to adjust with the job sharing bit. I just had to pick my battles/worries/stresses and learn to let the smaller stuff go. I just had to keep telling myself I could be full time (and have full control lol) but then I’d barely see my little boy (I leave the house at 7am and get home for 6.30pm and he goes to bed at 7) and that usually stops me worrying!

Have loved this topic! So interesting, and I love being nosey ha.

I’m nearly 32, and a live in Nanny In central London (no rent or travel expenses or food bills) I earn £550 net a week but work 60 hours.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Love this topic! I’m 22 working in West Yorkshire at my first graduate job on approx 19 grand before tax etc as a lab analyst

Reactions: 3
Zero hours hence why some weeks i could not work other could be everyday

Reactions: 1
Ah of course not, I absolutely love working 3 days in terms of work life balance and home life, but I did initially find it hard to adjust with the job sharing bit. I just had to pick my battles/worries/stresses and learn to let the smaller stuff go. I just had to keep telling myself I could be full time (and have full control lol) but then I’d barely see my little boy (I leave the house at 7am and get home for 6.30pm and he goes to bed at 7) and that usually stops me worrying!
Very true, and a good way of looking at it! Thanks! Now I’ve just got to approach the subject with my headteacher in the new year! 😂

I’m a bookkeeper for an Accountancy practice on £14.50 an hour. I only work 17 hrs a week 😬 I’m going to have to look for a full time job soon which scares me a little bit because I’ve been where I am for 7 yrs and I’m comfortable.

Don't want to be too specific for obvious reasons, but I work within the NHS - currently Band 4, £25.5k a year including the high cost supplement for living in London.

Love this thread, find it absolutely fascinating as it's a weirdly taboo subject in 'real life', so I wanted to share!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.