How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PA - 45k a year plus Christmas bonus/ annual bonus

£20,000 a year, deputy manager of a private day nursery in the north east. Would whinge about my pay but they've paid the £8000 for me to do a Foundation Degree so not all bad 😂😂😂

Oh and my husband has just introduced me to Matched Betting... Made £150 this week on that. Intend to keep it up as I'm in for an operation next month and will need something to supplement SSP!!!
Would love to seriously consider matched betting, I read up on it and didn’t understand 🤣

Reactions: 4
Would love to seriously consider matched betting, I read up on it and didn’t understand 🤣
ive seen loads about this recently 😂 also considering 😏 is it really that fool proof though?!

Reactions: 2
100% not. They wouldn’t advertise it if they weren’t taking your money.
For sure. I have no idea what matched betting is but I can still be sure it won’t be worth i in terms of odds. Especially if money is being put into advertising it - they must be expecting money back ?!
Unlike most things in life, with financial decisions the cliches can be helpful to stop you making a mistake. For instance:
1. There’s no such a thing as a free lunch.
2. The house always wins.

• Heart
I work from home selling on eBay & pay myself £2,000 a month.

I’ve done matched betting & the people who are commenting about it negatively know nothing about it! I used Profit Accumulator; it’s really good. They do basic step by step videos of how to do it, and how to place each bet. You do not lose money. I made a few hundred quid but it felt like a lot of work for the money.

Retail ... approx 30 hours a week probably take home about £1200.00 a month

Reactions: 1

I’ve done matched betting & the people who are commenting about it negatively know nothing about it! I used Profit Accumulator; it’s really good. They do basic step by step videos of how to do it, and how to place each bet. You do not lose money. I made a few hundred quid but it felt like a lot of work for the money.
I would love to sell on eBay!

What do you sell ? Was thinking of giving this a go at one point but wouldn't know where to start

PA - 45k a year plus Christmas bonus/ annual bonus

I tried it! I watched videos on how to do it and won about £10 in profit first time. You have to put money down to place your lay bet which I’m not in a position to just after Xmas buy hopefully it’s profitable

exactly that, I’ve only done it once but took a while to understand and place the bets even with sites like PA giving you all the data. I made scrabble frames a few years ago and that kept me busy and I’d sell about 10 a month at about £15/£20 a frame. Should get into it again really

Don't want to be too specific for obvious reasons, but I work within the NHS - currently Band 4, £25.5k a year including the high cost supplement for living in London.

Love this thread, find it absolutely fascinating as it's a weirdly taboo subject in 'real life', so I wanted to share!
I also work for the NHS as a band 4 - but I don’t live in London so only get £21k. Although it’s due to go up to £24k in May for me 🙂

What do you sell ? Was thinking of giving this a go at one point but wouldn't know where to start
Anything & everything! Start by selling whatever you’ve got around the house you no longer want to get a feel for it.

I also work for the NHS as a band 4 - but I don’t live in London so only get £21k. Although it’s due to go up to £24k in May for me 🙂
The London supplement is almost immediately swallowed up by my extortionate monthly rent and travel costs sadly 🙁 I must say it’s great that the NHS recognise the higher cost that comes with living in London, not everywhere does.

3k is a decent pay increase, you’ll definitely feel the difference with that!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’m on £45k and work in an office. duck knows what my job title means but I run everything client facing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
£21,000 year basic salary plus £3,500 on top for working shifts and weekends (1 in every six) - forensic scientist in the Midlands.

Honestly it’s not nearly enough for the work that we do and that is pretty much the max that I will ever get in this job, barring small pay increases each year, which is pants considering I capped out this salary in January 2016.

Add to that the fact that I’m fully trained, I am experienced in the job and I train people and I am seriously considering looking for another job with better wages!

ETA: my take home is just under £1600 per month when I factor in pension/tax/buying annual leave.

• Wow
  • Sad
I sell on ebay, basically anything- I've mainly sold shoes, clothes, ornaments even my car was sold on ebay (luckily it was a cash buyer and it didnt go through paypal so avoided extra charges).
Declutter as much as you can, my kids sold their clothes which no longer fitted them and anything they sold they kept and put money towards new clothes. My daughter did this and has made £100, shes 13 years old so she was really pleased with the extra cash.
Slight downside with Ebay is you do get alot of time wasters and i find ebay does side with the buyers and not the sellers - had a customer who bought a lovely brand new dress off me, she had defaced it and accused me (after 12 days of receiving my parcel) of ruining the item. She clearly wanted it for an event and didnt want to keep it so she had a new outfit for free - ebay sided with her i was fuming.

• Wow
  • Angry
Secondary Teacher £38k, rising to £41k next year and then I'll be at the top of the salary scale so no more increments after that unless I get promoted. I also mark for exam board which is another £3k ish.
WOW - I need to mark for a different exam board! I’ve done it 3 years running and was only paid £800 after tax! 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.