How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m incredibly lucky - my part time salary is 51k with great benefits
I say part time but I often work long nights and weekends
Job is very stressful

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yes. That's a much clearer way of putting it 🤪🤣Thanks
Haha. Yeah all paid as per AFC so the pay is the same, so a band 6 physio would be the same as a band 6 nurse. But some professions “promote” quicker or qualify straight into a higher band. This is a good-ish example. X

Reactions: 1
I moved to the US right before the pandemic and currently making $140k (~£100k) as a senior manager in a large multinational. I have a small team, work around 60 hours a week and am on call 24/7. I worked for the same company in Europe and the pay was much lower.

Reactions: 3
I returned to work PT about 4 months ago. I had a 10 year career break after redundancy where I had worked for a higher global company for over 10 years with a 50k year. My career break was longer than expected as my mother became terminally ill and I cared for her for 2 years. I returned to work before the pandemic in an office ‘ mum job’ that worked around school hours. £1000 month for 25 hours. The business collapsed due to Covid.
I took on a new role that I really like as office/ business manager for a small fast growing company. There is the owner and me and one other girl. I do so so so much, have a lot of responsibility and I am paid 11.50 hour, no bank hols, have to use my annual leave. I feel so out of touch with wages and I know I am massively underpaid so this thread has been helpful. I needed to build my confidence after a long break and mums really do suffer from these breaks. My husband has been able to really build his career and travel extensively due to me being a stay at home mum, but I am mid 40’s have a degree, huge experience and need to believe in myself more now I have seen the pay rates around!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wow this thread has made me see how many people earn more than me - £25,000 at nearly 40 years old and no hopes of any higher wages for my type of job and abilities

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wow this thread has made me see how many people earn more than me - £25,000 at nearly 40 years old and no hopes of any higher wages for my type of job and abilities
please don’t feel bad. Comparison is the thief of joy and your salary is not a reflection of your worth or your value x

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Youre younger than me and earn more than I do. I don't care tbh. My quality of life is more important than my salary or work stress.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Youre younger than me and earn more than I do. I don't care tbh. My quality of life is more important than my salary or work stress.
Amen to this. I don’t want to earn £100,000 a year if it means I have to work 12 hours a day and have no time for family. No time for hobbies/no energy for anything? No thanks

Reactions: 18
I’m 32 and earn £36k in local government, I dont love my job but I get good annual leave and flexi. I’ve found it hard to find a job I’d enjoy with the same benefits.
My husbands 29 and earns around £91k as a chartered land surveyor, he works super hard and has normally left for work by 6:30am. We live in the South East so salaries are slightly inflated.

Reactions: 5
I’m 32 and earn £36k in local government, I dont love my job but I get good annual leave and flexi. I’ve found it hard to find a job I’d enjoy with the same benefits.
My husbands 29 and earns around £91k as a chartered land surveyor, he works super hard and has normally left for work by 6:30am. We live in the South East so salaries are slightly inflated.
I'm in the South East and the salaries in my town are shocking. Id have to work in London to get a decent wage. My husband was made redundant years ago and was looking for work, there were managerial jobs being advertised for 24K. Your pay is amazing.

Reactions: 2
26k pa. Also run a very small online shop, which is a hobby/extra pocket money and bring in about £200 per month. Rent 2 properties which brings in £18k pa.
Got flexi and good annual leave, got a good work/life balance of which I'm grateful.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I feel very fortunate. Some of you guys work so hard, and your pay does not reflect it. I earn over £75k a year working as an accountant for the past 30 years. That includes a car allowance, I took the money rather than have a fancy car sitting on my drive for the past year! I have a lovely boss and great fun colleagues, I work 37.5 hours a week. No stress, which is very important to me.... I know I could earn more if I changed jobs, but I value a stress free life and nice colleagues. Money is not everything, maybe easy for me to say....

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm in the South East and the salaries in my town are shocking. Id have to work in London to get a decent wage. My husband was made redundant years ago and was looking for work, there were managerial jobs being advertised for 24K. Your pay is amazing.
Whilst we feel very fortunate, It comes with sacrifices, I’ve worked from home since March 2020 whilst my OH has been in the office, so it’s just me and the dog at home from 6:30am till 7/7:30pm so it can be very lonely. I often say to him he needs a better work/life balance 🤷🏼‍♀️

What an interesting thread, makes me realise how little I earn 🤣

I work in reinsurance for a london broker, im not based in the city hence the low wage!
15k 21 hours a week to fit around childcare - yearly bonus is pretty good - plus overtime is allways available so I can top up my income. Especially great around Christmas ect.

I am one of the most experienced people on my team so I do consider my wage to be quite low compared to my knowledge and experience. But I'm happy enough as my managers are incredibly flexible, very aware of mental health and have let me change my contract to continue working from home when everyone else is returning to the office. They've been really great this last 18 months and I'm grateful to work in such a good company, I know I'm a valued employee and I think that counts for alot compared to previous companies ive worked for where they do not care one bit

Reactions: 7
£44503; 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays - single, no kids, £402 a month mortgage and still skint!

I'm a Band 7 in the NHS but now top of the band and desperate to find something on an 8a - right now the £17 a month in my pocket for a lot more responsibility doesn't really sway me right now...

Reactions: 6
I work in communications and earn just below £34k. I think I do way more than my role states but I've been told I can't be considered for a promotion until next year. It feels quite demotivating tbh so I'm actively applying for other roles, but I know this isn't what I want to do with my career. I just about scrape by with my mortgage payments (£750 a month exc. bills) and barely spend much money as I like to save for traveling.

£44503; 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays - single, no kids, £402 a month mortgage and still skint!

I'm a Band 7 in the NHS but now top of the band and desperate to find something on an 8a - right now the £17 a month in my pocket for a lot more responsibility doesn't really sway me right now...
Oh blimey, my husband earns the same as you and our mortgage is £1,200 a month. Our bills are over 2K a month. Crazy money.

Oh blimey, my husband earns the same as you and our mortgage is £1,200 a month. Our bills are over 2K a month. Crazy money.
Absolutely crazy money! I'm guessing you don't live in the North East...

Past actions have led me to where I am now and had my mum bail me out so I pay her the princely sum of £833 a month for the foreseeable...