How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you not have a way of finding out who has requested the day off before you put your request in? I.e. a calendar or diary? Won't help for this case as you already made the request, but in future check before asking and if too many, don't ask call in sick
We don't unfortunately. We have our own system that shows our shifts, we have to request AL through that. The only issue my colleagues have with taking a sickie is that some have already had time off ill and another day off will trigger a sickness absence meeting. Tbh I shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to get one day off in two months time. There is already a wait list for that week and others that are ahead of will be given priority, which is fair enough.

We don't unfortunately. We have our own system that shows our shifts, we have to request AL through that. The only issue my colleagues have with taking a sickie is that some have already had time off ill and another day off will trigger a sickness absence meeting. Tbh I shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to get one day off in two months time. There is already a wait list for that week and others that are ahead of will be given priority, which is fair enough.
I used to work somewhere that sounds exactly like this
They have done away with the overflow parking during lockdown so only the managers and a few staff who have been there 10 years plus have parking

the site operates 24/7 365 days of the year so now people coming out of work late at night or early hours in the morning will not have there car on site or within a walking distance

despite this they are forcing people back into the office

bank holidays were worked on a Rota. You must do 1 a year but if they had insufficient staffing they could force people

weekends were on a Rota and you could not book these off as holiday as the holidays were booked up to 2 years in advance

you had to volunteer to work some hours on Xmas day and or Boxing Day

it was a nightmare tbh. That job paid 21k. I lasted just over 2 years

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I used to work somewhere that sounds exactly like this
They have done away with the overflow parking during lockdown so only the managers and a few staff who have been there 10 years plus have parking

the site operates 24/7 365 days of the year so now people coming out of work late at night or early hours in the morning will not have there car on site or within a walking distance

despite this they are forcing people back into the office

bank holidays were worked on a Rota. You must do 1 a year but if they had insufficient staffing they could force people

weekends were on a Rota and you could not book these off as holiday as the holidays were booked up to 2 years in advance

you had to volunteer to work some hours on Xmas day and or Boxing Day

it was a nightmare tbh. That job paid 21k. I lasted just over 2 years
Oh god that sounds horrendous. Why are these sorts of jobs always paid badly.

Reactions: 1
It was awful, looked great on paper until I actually started and realised that it was actually impossible to get a weekend/Christmas/bank holiday off or even book a weeks holiday

the staff turnover was so high unsurprisingly

My new job is mon-fri 9-5, no bank holidays, very reasonable when booking days off and I’m now earning 33k plus annual bonus😁

my aim is to get back to a previous salary of 40k

my career path has took the scenic route as i’ve transitioned from perm to contracting and back into perm

Reactions: 3
Social media manager for a small beauty business £26.5k

Wish it was more! But close to home with great people so :)

Reactions: 7
I’m an Allied Health professional in private healthcare and on 33k, any overtime is time and half. There is a ton of agency work available too atm up to £50ph. I could earn a fortune atm with waiting lists but I’m happy on my wage. Plus OH earns the same.

Reactions: 2
I get 25 days annual leave a year. I have to use them as its contractual. Parking isn't their problem, especially as the managers have kept their spaces. I have requested a day off in two months time and as a few others are off I can't have it. Its a special event, not just a day at home. They don't care, just see a list of people all requesting the same day and I'm on the bottom of the list. I now have to miss my family event, or its a disciplinary. They have given me no option to leave.
Its a legal requirement to have your statutory annual leave. Thats awful!

Reactions: 4
Its a legal requirement to have your statutory annual leave. Thats awful!
Yep. I get that its the needs of the business, I wouldn't want the office to be half full, its not fair on the rest. But if we have five people off already, then you've got no chance.

Yep. I get that its the needs of the business, I wouldn't want the office to be half full, its not fair on the rest. But if we have five people off already, then you've got no chance.
I mean, if its 5 from one area - fair enough and itll be first come, first served.

I wouldnt worry too much about any action taken from a sickie. References now typically only want the dates of employment. Thats all we give and ask for.

£27k, but only 35 hours per week, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, easy stress free job, no dependants, small mortgage of £450 per month. Bliss.

Reactions: 13
£24k, 4 days a week (30 hours), 38 days holiday including bank holidays. Annual bonus normally around 10% of annual salary. In retail banking.
Definitely not enough money for the responsibility and tit I have to put up with, but I’ve worked there a long time and they’re good when I have any childcare issues/sickness. About to go on Mat leave and don’t think I’ll be returning as their flexible working system is terrible and I won’t be able to work it around school hours.

Reactions: 2
I commented on this thread a while ago but I like to see what other people make / think of other peoples situations! Still on 26,970 (works out about 13.79 an hour). My next rise is due in September 2022 and that (I think) will be to 30,615. (Band 5 Staff Nurse, NHS).
Are the band's different for each sector of the NHS or is a band 6 the same access the NHS? Just curious

Teacher £36000 no extra responsibilities and I’d like to keep it that way 😂
Same.

Reactions: 1
Am I the only one who regrets having read the posts on this thread? I have realised that a) I’m beyond poor because I don’t even make the minimum wage b) some people are criminally underpaid in their demanding jobs and it both angers and saddens me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
£18500 police office staff, 27 days holiday, bank holidays off, overtime available if there is work. Left uni 2 years ago.

I'll be on this for the next 1-2 years, after that I am hoping to try and move up. Ideally I would like to be on £25,000-£30,00o, however I've found the pay quite low in the police therefore this may take a while. I do have a uni degree that I don't need for the role so I do wonder sometimes if it was worth going but I am hoping it will increase my chances of career progression.

£18500 police office staff, 27 days holiday, bank holidays off, overtime available if there is work. Left uni 2 years ago.

I'll be on this for the next 1-2 years, after that I am hoping to try and move up. Ideally I would like to be on £25,000-£30,00o, however I've found the pay quite low in the police therefore this may take a while. I do have a uni degree that I don't need for the role so I do wonder sometimes if it was worth going but I am hoping it will increase my chances of career progression.
How about the detective pathway graduate scheme? My son has applied to the Met. Hes finished his law degree and attended the interviews and fitness test.

I mean, if its 5 from one area - fair enough and itll be first come, first served.

I wouldnt worry too much about any action taken from a sickie. References now typically only want the dates of employment. Thats all we give and ask for.
They’ve already said it will be a disciplinary as I've requested it and its declined. There's 50 of us in our department and they like to have 45 in plus team leaders.

• Sad
How about the detective pathway graduate scheme? My son has applied to the Met. Hes finished his law degree and attended the interviews and fitness test.
There are some roles I'm interested in, I haven't been in the role that long so I was going to wait a bit and increase my skill set. I did a law degree too. Thank you, i'll look into something like that.

I’m unemployable in a “normal” job, or so I’ve been told. So I attempt to run a small business from home. I work full time around my bad illness days and earn about 6k a year and I hate it

• Sad
Reactions: 7