How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely crazy money! I'm guessing you don't live in the North East...

Past actions have led me to where I am now and had my mum bail me out so I pay her the princely sum of £833 a month for the foreseeable...
I'm in the South East. I would love to move to the North East, my husbands family are from Middlesbrough and I love them, such a friendly place.

Reactions: 1
£44503; 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays - single, no kids, £402 a month mortgage and still skint!

I'm a Band 7 in the NHS but now top of the band and desperate to find something on an 8a - right now the £17 a month in my pocket for a lot more responsibility doesn't really sway me right now...
How are you still skint on that? What do you spend your money on

How are you still skint on that? What do you spend your money on
Unfortunately a bad relationship and bad investment in property have left me with a lot of debts to pay back - my parents bailed me out so I pay them back over £800 a month...hopefully in around 2 years it will be sorted. I think my version of skint is very different to a lot of people though :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 6
Unfortunately a bad relationship and bad investment in property have left me with a lot of debts to pay back - my parents bailed me out so I pay them back over £800 a month...hopefully in around 2 years it will be sorted. I think my version of skint is very different to a lot of people though :ROFLMAO:
Lol, your version of skint is similar to my aunts'. Her husband and her very very well off. In 1990/1 her husband died, and after clearing all debts, by 1995 she was reduced to living on 4500 per month. Yes, she was skint compared to her previous life, but let's face it 4500 per month back in 1995 isn't really skint for most of us.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Currently mat leave but no job to return to. My last job was pt so salary was pro rota at roughly £11, 000pa. Before that, I was on £28, 000 on a full time salary. I have over a decade's experience in my sector and jobs at my level are routinely advertised at £25, 000 😣

My partner earns enough to support our family but it's not my business to share it on a forum. But he works long hours, is on call and has quite a stressful job so he does earn his wage.

Lol, your version of skint is similar to my aunts'. Her husband and her very very well off. In 1990/1 her husband died, and after clearing all debts, by 1995 she was reduced to living on 4500 per month. Yes, she was skint compared to her previous life, but let's face it 4500 per month back in 1995 isn't really skint for most of us.
Definitely! I still have a pretty nice life but struggle to save - I still have two mortgages as well as I rent out a flat - can't sell it as it's worth so little compared to my outstanding mortgages. Asset rich, cash poor I think they would say...

Reactions: 5
Definitely! I still have a pretty nice life but struggle to save - I still have two mortgages as well as I rent out a flat - can't sell it as it's worth so little compared to my outstanding mortgages. Asset rich, cash poor I think they would say...
My ex was similar to this when i met him. Earnt £80,000 per year but we still struggled to eat by 10 days before payday!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
£47k programme manager role in the rail sector. I have worked in the same organisation for almost 20 years…I earned more in previous roles working shifts but i could never commit to the shifts with a family and a partner that also works shifts.
I have a pretty good work/life balance, the company are really flexible and consider all flexible working requests so I’ve been fortunate to change my working pattern over the last 5 years a couple of times to work around the family. We will no longer be paying £1300 a month in childcare come September so I’m looking forward to finally having a bit of breathing space money wise!
I always think about taking the leap to another organisation but I’m happy enough where I am now. Decent salary, good annual leave entitlement etc. Works for us

Reactions: 2
I feel very fortunate. Some of you guys work so hard, and your pay does not reflect it. I earn over £75k a year working as an accountant for the past 30 years. That includes a car allowance, I took the money rather than have a fancy car sitting on my drive for the past year! I have a lovely boss and great fun colleagues, I work 37.5 hours a week. No stress, which is very important to me.... I know I could earn more if I changed jobs, but I value a stress free life and nice colleagues. Money is not everything, maybe easy for me to say....
75k 😭

Sadly i think money is really important; not having it/enough causes so many issues, stresses and pressures. We have more than others (but still relatively low wages vs outgoings - joint income of 39k for a family of 4 in a London commuter town and renting) but under the surface, we have debts and we have MH related impulsive spending issues. I love working, and the wages of the job itself doesnt bother me - i just wish we were in a place that we dont have to dread getting through the month, or getting to the point I can log into internet banking without anxiety!

I'm studying at the moment, so theres some reassurance that after that, my salary will go up potentially 10k a year extra 🙌

Reactions: 10
75k 😭

Sadly i think money is really important; not having it/enough causes so many issues, stresses and pressures. We have more than others (but still relatively low wages vs outgoings - joint income of 39k for a family of 4 in a London commuter town and renting) but under the surface, we have debts and we have MH related impulsive spending issues. I love working, and the wages of the job itself doesnt bother me - i just wish we were in a place that we dont have to dread getting through the month, or getting to the point I can log into internet banking without anxiety!

I'm studying at the moment, so theres some reassurance that after that, my salary will go up potentially 10k a year extra 🙌
I feel money is important too. We are in the situation where our wages only just cover bills. I impulsively buy things for my children and this keeps me awake at night as there are times our bank is empty and its still days until payday
We never miss bills or mortgage so we manage our money but have zero savings left as we have used it all to support our living once all bills are paid

• Sad
I've found this really interesting. Would love to know how people got into the more unusual jobs! And when you were at school, are you now doing what you thought you would be doing back then?

I'm railway £72k a year. Shift work and before I had a family it was an absolute delight! Now though I'm permanently knackered 🥴🥴🥴. And I wanted to be an air traffic controller of all things when I was younger!
I wonder if we do the same job! My salary is £45k but I made £79k last year with overtime/ shift enhancements. The railway is the best place to work.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Am I the only one who regrets having read the posts on this thread? I have realised that a) I’m beyond poor because I don’t even make the minimum wage b) some people are criminally underpaid in their demanding jobs and it both angers and saddens me.
for me i just feel like i’ll never come close to these sort of wages 😳 i work in retail currently and have no plans on going to uni. it seems impossible to get a good wage without a degree, someone please change my mind because i’m losing hope that i’ll ever make enough money to live without going to uni or being extremely talented 😂

what jobs do you guys have (well paying) that you didn’t need to go to uni for? interested. i don’t want this comment to come across wrong! i’d just love to see my options.

Reactions: 4
it seems impossible to get a good wage without a degree, someone please change my mind because i’m losing hope that i’ll ever make enough money to live without going to uni or being extremely talented 😂
I’m not sure whether it will make you feel better, but I have a degree (I even graduated with honours) and make so little money I don’t even want to share the exact amount because I’m ashamed. But at the end of the day, I’m pretty sure your personality, soft skills and experience matter more than your education/degree.

Reactions: 8
I don’t have a degree….I actually did an apprenticeship and have ended up earning more than any of my friends (most of them have degrees)

Reactions: 4
Rai
for me i just feel like i’ll never come close to these sort of wages 😳 i work in retail currently and have no plans on going to uni. it seems impossible to get a good wage without a degree, someone please change my mind because i’m losing hope that i’ll ever make enough money to live without going to uni or being extremely talented 😂

what jobs do you guys have (well paying) that you didn’t need to go to uni for? interested. i don’t want this comment to come across wrong! i’d just love to see my options.
[/QUOTE
Railway! No degree required. If you're female even better. They're screaming out for them!

I wonder if we do the same job! My salary is £45k but I made £79k last year with overtime/ shift enhancements. The railway is the best place to work.
If it begins with an 'S' then yes we do!

• Heart
I don’t have a degree! I joined the railway in a £20k office based role straight from school then decided to change job after 3 years.

Edit- and 20k was my starting salary 10 years ago so I imagine it would be higher now.

Just go online and apply. For absolutely anything. Because there are so many internal jobs to apply for once you're on which never make it into the public job searches

• Heart
I don’t have a degree….I actually did an apprenticeship and have ended up earning more than any of my friends (most of them have degrees)
An apprenticeship, depending on level, can be equivalent to a degree. Great way to learn and get real life experience.

Reactions: 5