How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just coming back to this to say I accepted a new job and have doubled my salary plus stock options. 🤑
I’m in payroll too (I run payroll by myself), In house and 34k a year, I did have a look on indeed pre Xmas and there are some hefty payroll salaries out there right now but working remotely full time just doesn’t sway it for me. I love my job, wider team and company. Congrats on your new job!

Reactions: 1
Son's just been accepted on to a grad scheme with a global bank and will be starting on a salary of £40k +£5k starting bonus ( aged 22!) he's got a 2:1 BSc in Geography and Environmental Science ....I have 30+ yrs nursing experience and don't get paid that much

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I work for a local authority as a welfare rights officer and I earn £38,500. I am at my max so will only get yearly increases.

E-commerce manager for a beauty brand - 30k

I’m 28 and have had a 42.85% salary increase since starting with this company 3 years ago- so feel like they believe in me!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Son's just been accepted on to a grad scheme with a global bank and will be starting on a salary of £40k +£5k starting bonus ( aged 22!) he's got a 2:1 BSc in Geography and Environmental Science ....I have 30+ yrs nursing experience and don't get paid that much
Wow that's a brilliant starting salary! It'll be tough work, but considering he was successful in his application I'm sure he'll be well equipped for it. Good for him.

I also did Geography and Environmental Science at uni and I work in the financial sector. Sometimes people mock me in a friendly way for having a degree that's totally unrelated to my career, but I always say that it didn't do me any harm. :D

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m in payroll too (I run payroll by myself), In house and 34k a year, I did have a look on indeed pre Xmas and there are some hefty payroll salaries out there right now but working remotely full time just doesn’t sway it for me. I love my job, wider team and company. Congrats on your new job!
Don’t really want to out myself but the company is well set-up for remote work, which is the only reason I’m not bothered. If I was in the remote minority in a company it would definitely give me serious pause for thought.

ETA: I think I misread your comment? Are you remote or are you saying the £££ jobs are remote?

Don’t really want to out myself but the company is well set-up for remote work, which is the only reason I’m not bothered. If I was in the remote minority in a company it would definitely give me serious pause for thought.

ETA: I think I misread your comment? Are you remote or are you saying the £££ jobs are remote?
From what I’ve seen the big money payroll jobs out there at the mo are 100% wfh/remote and I just know that wouldn’t suit me, im close to my office and can go in when I like and see the wider team.
So pleased you’ve found such a great new payroll job! 🙌🏻🎉

If I may give some advice, he should make sure he is contributing as much as he can to his pension (maxing his employer match if that's how his scheme operates - it's tempting in London to prioritise saving for a house which is not a bad approach but those early contributions will really grow), he should also try to avoid lifestyle creep as his salary grows. The City lifestyle isn't for everyone for life and so making the most of your earning power while you can to build your pension pot and save for a house is so important as it really will pay dividends later.

Reactions: 12
If I may give some advice, he should make sure he is contributing as much as he can to his pension (maxing his employer match if that's how his scheme operates - it's tempting in London to prioritise saving for a house which is not a bad approach but those early contributions will really grow), he should also try to avoid lifestyle creep as his salary grows. The City lifestyle isn't for everyone for life and so making the most of your earning power while you can to build your pension pot and save for a house is so important as it really will pay dividends later.
Thanks.....He's actually going to be based in Chesire( so not quite as crazy as London) and has impressed me by already setting up a standing order to pay money into a help to buy ISA and he's put his £5k welcome bonus into an existing savings account ( plus the company have an excellent pension/ private health scheme and in site gym!)

Reactions: 6
That is excellent advice!

Reactions: 3
From what I’ve seen the big money payroll jobs out there at the mo are 100% wfh/remote and I just know that wouldn’t suit me, im close to my office and can go in when I like and see the wider team.
So pleased you’ve found such a great new payroll job! 🙌🏻🎉
Oooh, yeah, that’s my experience, too.

Congratulations to your boy. My son has just started on his graduate pathway. He's with a police force (not allowed to say which one). They start on 30K plus benefits then it should go to 35k after two years.

• Heart
Reactions: 3