How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ive loved reading this thread! Don’t think I’ve seen anyone say they’re a PA? I’m under 30, a PA in the east and earn £29000. We get a bonus half way through the year and a larger bonus in January. It’s a good company and good benefits- healthcare, pension, 25 days holiday etc. I do think I could probably earn more if I left but I don’t think this job is what I want to do for the rest of my life, I also don’t want to change company atm as we want to start trying for a family in 12-18 months time. I really just don’t know what I want to do with my life which often causes me a lot of upset and stress as I feel like I have no direction! I don’t love or hate my job, I just wish I was really good at something which would lead me to something I love and could earn money from.
My partner earns around £8k more than me but has higher outgoings as self employed, we live in an expensive area and used help to buy for our mortgage which we have another 3 years left without having to pay any interest. It does worry me when we want to move our mortgage will probably be twice as much as it is currently because of the HTB scheme! I’m often worrying about money or my credit card and I’m always left without money a good week before payday :(

Reactions: 5
ive loved reading this thread! Don’t think I’ve seen anyone say they’re a PA? I’m under 30, a PA in the east and earn £29000. We get a bonus half way through the year and a larger bonus in January. It’s a good company and good benefits- healthcare, pension, 25 days holiday etc. I do think I could probably earn more if I left but I don’t think this job is what I want to do for the rest of my life, I also don’t want to change company atm as we want to start trying for a family in 12-18 months time. I really just don’t know what I want to do with my life which often causes me a lot of upset and stress as I feel like I have no direction! I don’t love or hate my job, I just wish I was really good at something which would lead me to something I love and could earn money from.
My partner earns around £8k more than me but has higher outgoings as self employed, we live in an expensive area and used help to buy for our mortgage which we have another 3 years left without having to pay any interest. It does worry me when we want to move our mortgage will probably be twice as much as it is currently because of the HTB scheme! I’m often worrying about money or my credit card and I’m always left without money a good week before payday :(
before I had my daughter (10 years) ago I was an EA in Central London earning £54K + benefits.
Its a great career with fantastic opportunities and progression for the right candidates . I travelled the world with my bosses and met such lovely people.

Reactions: 6
before I had my daughter (10 years) ago I was an EA in Central London earning £54K + benefits.
Its a great career with fantastic opportunities and progression for the right candidates . I travelled the world with my bosses and met such lovely people.
Wow that’s amazing! Unfortunately we don’t have the opportunity to travel although lots of the seniors often travel to the US. I do wonder if I moved to a different company I’d have those opportunities though!

Reactions: 1
Wow that’s amazing! Unfortunately we don’t have the opportunity to travel although lots of the seniors often travel to the US. I do wonder if I moved to a different company I’d have those opportunities though!
I would imagine it will take a good few years for business travel to return. But my advice would be, if you want to travel, to work in the C-suite for the head office of an international organisation. Also position yourself as an event organiser and all round indispensable bod!

Reactions: 2
those of you who are earning pretty high, i’d love to know how you managed to get into your job/ to that salary.

just asking because i’m a uni student and have a part time job but i love finding out the steps that people took to reach these points in their careers, like education, experience etc!!!

school taught me basically nothing about how to get to these places, just how to pass the exams, so i’m very interested in learning from peoples actual experiences of how they did it 🤍🤍

Reactions: 5
those of you who are earning pretty high, i’d love to know how you managed to get into your job/ to that salary.

just asking because i’m a uni student and have a part time job but i love finding out the steps that people took to reach these points in their careers, like education, experience etc!!!

school taught me basically nothing about how to get to these places, just how to pass the exams, so i’m very interested in learning from peoples actual experiences of how they did it 🤍🤍
I joined a Sales Academy at a top house builder, worked my way up through that as a negotiator and stayed for a couple of years leaving as a Sales Manager. I then realised that the world was a much bigger place and I was intrigued to see what elsewhere had to offer. Then made strategic moves through Business development and back into sales in a different format, wasn't afraid to move on if I didn't feel challenged or like there was opportunity to progress. Wasn't afraid to question the process, rip one up and start again and justify why.

Wow I feel like crap reading this thread 😞
I never realised how little I earn in comparison to others. I absolutely hate my job as well..and there's no added extras etc because it's NHS 😂
I'm applying for others but I can't seem to get anything even slightly higher 🙃

Bleurgh. Money has never really been an issue though, I just don't have anything fancy.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I already answered further back in this thread but didn’t really go into details! My job isn’t a high wage but for an entry level job out of uni I love it! My job involves coordinating different sites, working with contractors, etc there is a lot of paper work which is the only down side 😅 I get 27k a year, with room to progress within the company, free shares, a 10% bonus and other benefits such a health care

I’ve only been in the job a short while but I love it so far! Previously I worked minimum wage while at uni so it’s a big difference

I find this thread so interesting!!
£42k plus 10% bonus potential working in payroll

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I love this thread.

I’m a teacher…. Around £42,000 a year. I’ve been teaching for about 5 years and have some extra responsibilities since I last posted.

I love the holidays 😋

Reactions: 4
I was advised about a potential promotion yesterday.
I earn mid 30’s now and I would really like to be in the 40’s for the new year *fingers crossed*

Reactions: 7
I’m actually contemplating asking if I can go down to 4 days a week. I earn £56k and as I’m single, no kids, no debt, I can easily afford to reduce salary to 4 days. I think living life is more important! I’d love Fridays off :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm in the emergency services - only on about £12k a year due to being part time because of childcare but when I was full time it's around £26k a year

I'm on 40k, NHS role. In my teens I did retail work and was a student, mostly minimum wage. In my twenties I struggled to hold down jobs, again low wage call centre and temp jobs. The game changer for me was retraining and going back to Uni mid twenties. I got more skills and an MA. I also did a lot of placement work unpaid. The experience built up in a relatively short space of time set me up for my thirties. Hopefully I can keep progressing. I've found hard work, always upskilling and a bit of luck (being in the right place at the right time) have got me where I am.

I also never see the 'bad jobs' I've had in the past as a waste of time. For example a lot of the customer facing jobs in retail and dealing with complaints in a call centre enabled me to develop my communication skills which have been invaluable to my career.

Reactions: 6
My salary is just over £60k at the top of my pay scale with London weighting but I also get a percentage enhancement for nights, on calls and weekends.

Reactions: 4
I work in customer service. I'm on c£35kpa. I get an annual bonus and am happy with my lot. Almost morgage free and no other debt.

Reactions: 3
Outsourced believe it or not! It’s the only good thing in the package though, tit pension, stat mat/sick etc!
Haha, seriously? I’m trying to think of a coded way of finding out where. There can’t be that many places that pay a bonus. 🤣 I would find it hilarious, and not that surprising, if we work at the same place and you get a bonus and I don’t.

• Haha
Reactions: 2