How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But at least you’ve had relationships. My first proper relationship was age 28. But I did have a lot of flings it’s just none of them wanted relationships! Life was different then though. No social media or mobile phones so you had to actually ask for their landline number and ring and speak to them! Then if things didn’t work out it’s not like you could see what they were upto on social media!
Life would be a lot more simple with no social media ha.

Reactions: 3
Met my wife on CatholicSingles.com in 2007. Chatted a few weeks. First date lasted 15 hours. We lived 6 hours apart and met half way. Took turns every weekend driving to see each other. Moved to be with her in August 2008. Proposed in august 2008. Married April 2009 and had a child in September 2010. Been married over 12 yrs. got the house, child, minivan and 2 dogs.

Reactions: 7
But at least you’ve had relationships. My first proper relationship was age 28. But I did have a lot of flings it’s just none of them wanted relationships! Life was different then though. No social media or mobile phones so you had to actually ask for their landline number and ring and speak to them! Then if things didn’t work out it’s not like you could see what they were upto on social media!
I'm 33 now and my last relationship that lasted more than a month was when I was like 17.... 🤣

Tinder. Was still getting the hang of dating again after coming out of a long term relationship but was really attracted to his pictures and thought why not? And the rest is history. Weirdly over the next few months we realised our paths had crossed several times before and we'd been in the same place at the same time, including the same hotel on holiday! 6 years later were engaged.

Reactions: 2
We went to school together. He used to tease me and do anything he could to annoy me. I really didn't like him very much. He now says the teasing was because he wanted to get my attention and didn't know how.
When we left school and went to separate colleges I was quite relieved 😂 He kept messaging me on social media and I'd ignore it a lot of the time! I got on the bus one day after college and sat on an empty seat next to somebody. Didn't realise until I'd sat down it was him! We chatted on the 40 minute journey home, he got off at my stop with me even though I told him not to and we sort of just ended up together. 8 years together, own a house together and I'm so glad I ended up next to the boy I hated on the bus! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I met him originally though one of his friends I was seeing (Ooopss) though it wasn't serious, this was early last year.

Forward to a few months ago, he's working with a friends partner and we were all sat in pub and agreed to a double date, I didn't wanna go but did! He then kept asking for another date and for me to go round to see him and so on and I made him chase me abit as I wasn't too keen on him and thought he was a bit of a div........ :ROFLMAO:

Forward to now, we're renting together and sit in our dressing gowns every weekday watching boxsets on tv :ROFLMAO:!!!!

We met on a dating site. I was almost a year out of a toxic but long-term relationship and had logged on in the hopes of meeting a like-minded person with similar interests. Well, the site was full of inappropriate dickheads. I got into a few conversations with some guys my age but it never went anywhere. After about the 100th time of being messaged asking for pics of my feet (🤢) I was about to give up and delete my account when a new profile caught my eye. We had lots of things in common, liked similar movies and music. He was quite cute, he had warm brown eyes and really dark hair.

The site told you when someone had viewed your profile and I kept being drawn to his. Then he viewed mine; there was a lot of this for a little while and then he messaged me out of the blue. We got chatting and arranged to meet up in town for lunch and drinks (although he wasn’t from Glasgow, I am and he attended uni there so it made sense). We had a good time - I thought he came across a bit too self assured at times but as I found out later it was just nerves. We went out on a few more dates and then eventually became a couple. 8 years on, we’re married and have two sons together.

• Heart
At work 🥰 my sister was his manager and she got me a job there too. On my first day he flirted with me alllllllllll day and when I seen my sister at the end of the day she told me he went up on his lunch break and asked her if I was single 😅 I added him on Facebook after my first shift and we’ve spoke on messenger every single day since I added him. For a little while we were just texting and flirting then one day my sister was working late so I had to kill time for 45 mins while I waited for her. I asked him if he wanted to wait with me and he did, we went for a Costa and that turned into us getting a coffee every day for the next few weeks after work! One day we went for a coffee, then went for a McDonald’s and we sat in McDonald’s for 4 hours just chatting. Then left and sat on the pier for another hour. He used to get the train with me just so he could spend time with me even though it was half an hour further walk to his house from the station 🥰 one day we were sat at the pier again and he asked me to be his girlfriend. That was nearly 4 years ago and now we have a toddler together 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He was in the year above me at school, he did ask me out when I was 13 but I turned him down as I was terrified about what my mum would say, very overprotective. I regretted it for years. 25 years later I got a friend request on Facebook from him and we exchanged a couple of messages. He had just moved back into his mum and dad's after a break up and I was visiting my dad when I bumped into him. Instant spark and gave me the drive to leave an abusive and long dead marriage. Been together nearly 12 years, married for 7. He is my soulmate and I so wish I had met him again earlier.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am not a business to have a partner. :rolleyes:

Boyfriend and I met the old fashion way online.

• Haha
At 15 ( 26 years ago ) through mutual friend's, met got together got married have 4 kids and that man is my best friend and I'd re marry him tomorrow.

• Heart
His friend was dating my friend, who introduced us. I'd spotted him in a packed lounge when out with my friend that night, and felt really drawn to him, like I knew him well. I had no idea my friend had met him previously, through her boyfriend. When she introduced us, I got shivers down my spine - I knew we were meant to be together. It was love at first sight for both of us, it really was. And I had not believed in such a thing until then.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
His friend was dating my friend, who introduced us. I'd spotted him in a packed lounge when out with my friend that night, and felt really drawn to him, like I knew him well. I had no idea my friend had met him previously, through her boyfriend. When she introduced us, I got shivers down my spine - I knew we were meant to be together. It was love at first sight for both of us, it really was. And I had not believed in such a thing until then.
That’s lovely, I believe it was love at first Sight with me and my boyfriend. I remember when I first got introduced to it him I got shivers down my spine and butterflies in my tummy, it was such a wow feeling! I always say it was love at first sight for me. Don’t know about him though😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve loved reading all your stories so thought I’d share mine as no one else seems to have met this way. Mine was Twitter. I’m from Liverpool but was living down south and he was from South London/Kent and both our football teams were in the semi final of the FA cup. We had sort of been liking each others tweets so I purposefully did a tweet saying I wanted my team to draw his team and he responded and then slid into my DMs. Waited 5-6 months before we met up, it would have been sooner but his anxiety got in the way. Went on our first date on one of the hottest days of the year, met him at Victoria station in London - he doesn’t handle heat very well so was sweating so I went into the superdrug there, got him some wipes and tissue and water to cool down and we bought him a new t shirt from h&m and then had our date. We knew we loved eachother before we met, the first date just confirmed it. Been together 5+ years, will be 6 years of knowing eachother in March next year. Did long distance for 3 years which was hard and expensive and now we live together. I think (and hope) we’ll be engaged by the end of next year 😂💙 He’s the absolute love of my life and my best friend, such a special lad honestly.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was a wee Irish lass visiting some friends in Manchester when I first set my eyes on a strapping Mancunian man. He romanced me wih some singing and drinking at the pub local to my friends flat. We'd a quick kiss at the end of the night. He asked for my number, I thought I'd never see him again. I was so happy when he text me the next day asking if Id like to see all of Manchester. I asked did He mean him 😝 We walked and talked all around Manchester, hopping on and off the tram for the day.
Once I qualified as a nurse I left Ireland behind, no permanent nursing jobs obly agency work. I moved to Manchester and got a permanent job as a nurse. We've been together ever since. I've not lost my soft Irish accent. He can still woo me with a song.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
At the gym. A mutual friend introduced us as they knew we had common interests other than just fitness. 6 years later … baby on the way 🥰

Reactions: 2
We interviewed for the same job on the same day then started work together.
Became instant friends, after about a year the friendship slowly became more.

We've been together now 12 years, married 8 and had 3 kids.

Oh and he's had about a million more jobs since then too 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6