How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Met mine on plenty of fish. We were sending essays and essays to each other, we just clicked. Went on a first date and we felt so comfortable with each other immediately. Been together 3 and a half years now

Reactions: 1
How old are you? I didn’t meet my now husband until I was 28. I had about given up at that point!
28 is very young imo! I am living with a partner now for the first time at 33 and he is about a decade older ( I had given up hope totally as well, you just need to think it’s bette to be single than with someone you don’t love , like many people are in my experience )

• Heart
Reactions: 4
28 is very young imo! I am living with a partner now for the first time at 33 and he is about a decade older ( I had given up hope totally as well, you just need to think it’s bette to be single than with someone you don’t love , like many people are in my experience )
Sorry, I meant he was my first proper boyfriend!

I was 38 & had given up finding the one, however was still on tinder just in case! He was from Suffolk but was in Kent and stuck at the dartford crossing in traffic so was swiping. We matched! Not the type of guy I’d normally go for but we chatted for a couple of weeks then met for a coffee for 3 hours. Met again two weeks later for a second viewing! In my head it was to confirm he was nice but not for me. Had a lovely time, date 3 I was telling him how I was a bridesmaid down in cornwall for my best friend in a few weeks and going on my own, he said he would be my date..... I didn’t squirm and say errrmmmm no! He was working abroad before the wedding, he changed airports so he would be closer to cornwall to make the wedding. Knew then he was a gent! Was pregnant 9 months later. When our baby was 2 weeks old I moved to Suffolk to live. She’s now 2! He proposed in lockdown and we get married in a year!! Never give up hope!! X

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I met mine at rehab 🤣

We were both ex addicts and went to the meetings and such. We fell in love. We had a child. ❤
I met my husband at an AA meeting! We’ve been together 11 years, married for 9 and have a child. Every day I talk to another alcoholic ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Plenty of fish, was in the process of answering the questions to delete my account when the message popped up 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
He worked with my friend's boyfriend at the time. I was the only single one in my friend group and was feeling miserable about it and one day we were talking about my singledom and finding me someone and my friend's bf just went "What about X at my work? He's fairly liberal." they showed me his photo on fb and I thought he was cute so few days later told my friend to give him my number.
We then texted each other every single day for two weeks, had our first date and I stayed over at his every single weekend since then.
Been together 5 years now. Bought a house together in 2017, got our 2 gorgeous kitties in 2018 and last year he proposed ❤
We are due to get married in February! (Covid permitting 🤞🏻)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Random friend request on facebook got chatting about the town where I live. Turns out he had friends who lived in the same town as me and couldnt believe we never crossed paths before. 10 years later wouldnt say am happy but hey that's life

My husband is 6 years older than me and he was my brothers best friend so we’d known each other for a very very long time, my brother and him set off on their different paths in life and lost contact for a few years. He messaged me on Facebook and we spoke for hours and as cliche as it sounds I knew that night this was the man I’m going to marry! And since our first date we have never ever been apart❤ He really is the most precious thing in my life ❤

Reactions: 3
My husband was a weird random hello in my Facebook 'other messages'. Not creepy, just weirdly random. Normally I would delete but I was recovering from swine flu and bored. Checked his profile and fancied him so replied. Been together 10 years, married 4 x

Reactions: 5
On tinder almost 6 years ago.
We'd had mutual friends since we were teenagers and used to frequent a lot of the same places but had never actually met 🤣 although I did remember who he was because of his nickname!

Moved in together after just over a year, have a 1 year old and just about to complete on our first home next week 🥰

I'm nearly 32 😣
But at least you’ve had relationships. My first proper relationship was age 28. But I did have a lot of flings it’s just none of them wanted relationships! Life was different then though. No social media or mobile phones so you had to actually ask for their landline number and ring and speak to them! Then if things didn’t work out it’s not like you could see what they were upto on social media!

Reactions: 2