Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chablis1

VIP Member
But your still planning and intending on marrying that person, be it in a convential wedding or an elopement, so to me it's the same thing?! Not being judgemental just wondered if I was missing something
Does it really matter? They’re happy doing what they’re doing. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 1

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
His friend was dating my friend, who introduced us. I'd spotted him in a packed lounge when out with my friend that night, and felt really drawn to him, like I knew him well. I had no idea my friend had met him previously, through her boyfriend. When she introduced us, I got shivers down my spine - I knew we were meant to be together. It was love at first sight for both of us, it really was. And I had not believed in such a thing until then.
That’s lovely, I believe it was love at first Sight with me and my boyfriend. I remember when I first got introduced to it him I got shivers down my spine and butterflies in my tummy, it was such a wow feeling! I always say it was love at first sight for me. Don’t know about him though😂

• Heart
Random friend request on facebook got chatting about the town where I live. Turns out he had friends who lived in the same town as me and couldnt believe we never crossed paths before. 10 years later wouldnt say am happy but hey that's life

rectangle

Met mine on plenty of fish. We were sending essays and essays to each other, we just clicked. Went on a first date and we felt so comfortable with each other immediately. Been together 3 and a half years now

11 years ago in High School. He was going out with my best friend at the time. She cheated on him, they broke up. Up until that point id not really liked him, he had a reputation for being a bit of a player and seemed arrogant. But she begged me to be friends with him and convince him to take her back. Didnt go to plan 😬 I got to know him and we had a lot in common. His friends were nicer than mine. I met some amazing people through them all. It felt like he was the first person to ever see me as more than just a broken spiralling mess.
after a few months she stopped trying and moved on. She went out with the guy she cheated on him with, and he cheated on her.
Her and my other friends knew, they live near me and saw him at my house, and they didn’t tell her. It was weird.
She found out at prom and tried to punch me in the face 😂
We’ve been married 7 years though so I guess it was worth it. I do feel bad, but I found my person so I also don’t.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I've mainly met men through either work or friends. I was a barmaid and met a few exes through that. I met my husband through friends, he was a friend of a friend.

Chablis1

VIP Member
First time I genuinely remember meeting him, it was on Tinder almost a year ago, clicked straightaway and haven't left each others side since really. But last week when our parents met at a family BBQ, I learnt that we used to have swimming classes together when we were about 9. He was the boy that I remember I hated because he was a better swimmer than me (i'd always been one of the strongest swimmers in my classes before) and I pushed him in the pool fully clothed once because he was annoying me. He was only around for about 6 months before his family moved to New Zealand, which is why I didn't remember him, but we both became competitive swimmers in our teens, which I think stems from us constantly wanted to outdo each other in our classes as kids. We swim together now, and yes, he's still the better swimmer much to my dispair.
Love this. You were DESTINED to be together. 😀

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
Another holiday romance here. Met on my first and last girls holiday.
he is 9 years older than me. I told him I was 21 and not the 17 I really was. Had to confess after a while when it was my 18th birthday party.
we long distance dates for 2 years and then I moved up north to move in with him.
27 years later and 3 children together still married.
Omg i lied about my age too to my holiday romance. I was 17! We have very similar stories xx

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
"how/where did you meet your partner". x

Thanks for making this thread for me - I am interested to see where everyone met their other halves as I have been single a while now and me and my friends always discuss where do you meet nice men?! Tried the dating sites and i personally find them ok however would like to meet somone more "organically". everyone seems to meet at work or on a night out but cant say i ever have!

Last edited:

Chewycinema

Chatty Member
On tinder almost 6 years ago.
We'd had mutual friends since we were teenagers and used to frequent a lot of the same places but had never actually met 🤣 although I did remember who he was because of his nickname!

Moved in together after just over a year, have a 1 year old and just about to complete on our first home next week 🥰

Fightfan

I was sort of seeing his friend when I was 16, I say sort of it was an innocent relationship where we were more like friends who occasionally kissed. Anyways he was showing me photos of his prom night one evening when I was at his and there was a really good looking boy in one of the photos that I asked him about, he didn’t tell me much though as he could tell I liked the look of him 😂.
Anyways few years later at 21 I just came out of a horrible relationship and I had a Facebook request, I never really accepted people I didn’t know but we had a few mutual friends so I accepted. Turned out it was the boy in the prom photos. We got talking, I say talking he was constantly pestering me in inbox asking for my number 😂 because I’d not long came out of a relationship I wasn’t sure. Spoke to my mum about it and she said go for it so I did.
Went on our first date and we’ve been together ever since, nearly 9 years later and two children and currently saving for a mortgage ❤
Had you met him following seeing the photo? What prompted the friend request?

ATV2021

VIP Member
But at least you’ve had relationships. My first proper relationship was age 28. But I did have a lot of flings it’s just none of them wanted relationships! Life was different then though. No social media or mobile phones so you had to actually ask for their landline number and ring and speak to them! Then if things didn’t work out it’s not like you could see what they were upto on social media!
I'm 33 now and my last relationship that lasted more than a month was when I was like 17.... 🤣

Curlyone

Final year of uni when we ended up being neighbours. I met him on the Saturday night (nothing happened, but major 🎇) and dumped my boyfriend of four years the next day. The relationship was coming to an end anyway but meeting now hubby was the straw that broke the camel's back 😆