Housebywhitehorns - Sarah Battle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A friend of mine works in pr and was sayin they sell the bloggers in bundles sometimes to brands so you'll get 3 for the price of 2 to promote u ect

These are the only ads being watched now nobody watches actual ads anymore
Very true about the ads actually. You’d never see ads on tv for the like of spotlight etc. All online now! That’s mad though 3 bloggers for the price of 2 😂😂

Reactions: 3
I benifit more from a quick search on Pinterest as to what I would like to see in decor😂 I do like accounts from genuine nice people (not like some yuppies just looking for praise) that are starting their build. I love seeing houses come together! But I just don’t see the appeal with watching someone get free tit etc there accounts are literally showing the rest of us what they got for free.
That's all it is... Look what i got today....

Todays story mentioned some toy she was going buying for the childs birthday... Be interesting to see if that is sent as a #gift next week...

Haha like Spotlight !!
Spotlight exactly!!!! Or that window cleaner thing, not that its used sure the cleaner "that doesnt exist" should be doing that review😂😂

A friend of mine works in pr and was sayin they sell the bloggers in bundles sometimes to brands so you'll get 3 for the price of 2 to promote u ect

These are the only ads being watched now nobody watches actual ads anymore
Oh my god stop!!!! Selling bloggers... Ive actually heard it all... I did not think this shite could get any worse. Mother of god....like an auction 🤔🤔🤔

Three for the price of two for purchasing them ? That’s mad !
Did anybody listen to her podcast with Everymum a few weeks ago ?
Yes i did for the nose!!! Please... Im Still reeling from it, ill never stop if i start.... There were too many issues with that... Boils my blood.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Housebythewhitethorns was one of my absolute favourites. I feel disloyal even reading this lol! I was put off when the non stop ads started I won't lie. I also personally dislike the oversharing of the kids. I think a lot of bloggers will regret the amount they had their kids on these forums in years to come. I feel overall Sarah stays in her lane. She focuses a lot on cooking which as a home ec teacher she is completely qualified to do. I've made lots of her recipes and they are all fab. Regarding the advertising overall I am always a little surprised how annoyed people get by this. Apart from not declaring ads/collabs etc which is not on do people not realise that all bloggers are marketing channels?? Like this is what they do and what companies pay them for. That is why I find the inclusion of kids so distasteful. But basically if you're watching your neighbor Mary or your pal from years back then that will be normal life. Every other single person you watch on insta is there doing a job and incorporating sales into their "lifestyle" that they portray. I am flummoxed that people still seem surprised by this. By all means call them out if they don't declare an ad but as someone said earlier in the thread this is how advertising works now. Think we all need to adjust a little on that point. Anyway back to sarah- i feel there was a definite shift during the summer to a more business like approach to the page and that is when the hubby became more involved which I would say was a conscious decision also. He is very easy on the eye. And without knowing anything about them beyond what I see on insta I would imagine that was to mitigate against the massive loss of income from his business this year. I'd say she has massive help from family with the kids and also Barry is home all the time at the moment so I wouldn't say she has a nanny at all! And in fairness we only see the kitchen and bedrooms from a certain angle. Id say there are parts of the house in total flitters like the rest of us lol! Anyway I do love her account but def less so since the summer and I do just skip skip skip when she starts on molloys or baby stuff or jaysusin spotlight.

Reactions: 10
I completely agree with you in what your saying about marketing channels etc I suppose it’s the company’s that might be pissing me off more than the actual blogger! The amount of tit the send to bloggers is sick like Faces by Grace getting the Sage coffee machine I looked it up and it was like 700!!! I suppose it’s companies really that make me angry 😂 I just can’t understand that someone’s job is to take videos and pics of their house and show what they got for free. Her account def changed your right, I used to enjoy it!

I completely agree with you in what your saying about marketing channels etc I suppose it’s the company’s that might be pissing me off more than the actual blogger! The amount of tit the send to bloggers is sick like Faces by Grace getting the Sage coffee machine I looked it up and it was like 700!!! I suppose it’s companies really that make me angry 😂 I just can’t understand that someone’s job is to take videos and pics of their house and show what they got for free. Her account def changed your right, I used to enjoy it!
Oh I totally agree and then FBG is another brand of blogger altogether and there is plenty like her. Like they contribute nothing as far as I am concerned. Have literally made a career out of posing penny's outfits in front of a mirror. No knowledge of anything but making a fortune from it. "Styling" bookcases like it is a skill and none of them would even know how to read a book heaven forbid actually put it up on a shelf. I've unfollowed any one like that and only follow marketing bloggers that actually share things I find interesting. Usually house/interiors/makeup for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Housebythewhitethorns was one of my absolute favourites. I feel disloyal even reading this lol! I was put off when the non stop ads started I won't lie. I also personally dislike the oversharing of the kids. I think a lot of bloggers will regret the amount they had their kids on these forums in years to come. I feel overall Sarah stays in her lane. She focuses a lot on cooking which as a home ec teacher she is completely qualified to do. I've made lots of her recipes and they are all fab. Regarding the advertising overall I am always a little surprised how annoyed people get by this. Apart from not declaring ads/collabs etc which is not on do people not realise that all bloggers are marketing channels?? Like this is what they do and what companies pay them for. That is why I find the inclusion of kids so distasteful. But basically if you're watching your neighbor Mary or your pal from years back then that will be normal life. Every other single person you watch on insta is there doing a job and incorporating sales into their "lifestyle" that they portray. I am flummoxed that people still seem surprised by this. By all means call them out if they don't declare an ad but as someone said earlier in the thread this is how advertising works now. Think we all need to adjust a little on that point. Anyway back to sarah- i feel there was a definite shift during the summer to a more business like approach to the page and that is when the hubby became more involved which I would say was a conscious decision also. He is very easy on the eye. And without knowing anything about them beyond what I see on insta I would imagine that was to mitigate against the massive loss of income from his business this year. I'd say she has massive help from family with the kids and also Barry is home all the time at the moment so I wouldn't say she has a nanny at all! And in fairness we only see the kitchen and bedrooms from a certain angle. Id say there are parts of the house in total flitters like the rest of us lol! Anyway I do love her account but def less so since the summer and I do just skip skip skip when she starts on molloys or baby stuff or jaysusin spotlight.
Not once has she ever mentioned covid impacting his business only saying he is busier than ever which cannot be true. She only ever mentioned having help when someone asked on the q&a and even then it was very vague.

I just don't think the account is honest and that to me is not fair on those watching stories. There is some content on the page that i know for a fact is not her work and its so obvious as sometimes when shes doing stories she has to be corrected. So like that's my problem and that spans to bloggers as a whole.

Oh I totally agree and then FBG is another brand of blogger altogether and there is plenty like her. Like they contribute nothing as far as I am concerned. Have literally made a career out of posing penny's outfits in front of a mirror. No knowledge of anything but making a fortune from it. "Styling" bookcases like it is a skill and none of them would even know how to read a book heaven forbid actually put it up on a shelf. I've unfollowed any one like that and only follow marketing bloggers that actually share things I find interesting. Usually house/interiors/makeup for me.
Yeah you deffo have a point they are a different bread altogether at least Sarah shares her experience with the twins and what she finds helpful! The likes of fbg and Rachel gorry just getting sent tit cos they have a huge following! Plenty threads on the two of them here on Tattle!
your bookcase comment gave me a good laugh 😂😂

I really love her page, it’s so classy and the attention to detail in every pic is unbelievable, especially the cake pics. I have no problem with her earning income from it as she clearly puts a lot of work into it, you couldn’t even compare to the other floggers.

Has she ever mentioned where she gets her Botox done? It’s very well done. I didn't even click it initially until I was looking back at a cake recipe highlight when she was pregnant and it wasn’t done. If I can find out where she goes I’ll be queuing up outside after lockdown😂

I really love her page, it’s so classy and the attention to detail in every pic is unbelievable, especially the cake pics. I have no problem with her earning income from it as she clearly puts a lot of work into it, you couldn’t even compare to the other floggers.

Has she ever mentioned where she gets her Botox done? It’s very well done. I didn't even click it initially until I was looking back at a cake recipe highlight when she was pregnant and it wasn’t done. If I can find out where she goes I’ll be queuing up outside after lockdown😂
Not likely... Shed hardly let on she has botox done but again.. Why not like its so obvious.

Now that u say it , your right . I was looking at her forehead last night n thinking your skin is v v v v tight 🙋🏽‍♀️
This lockdown , I’ve notice a lot more Botox done on bloggers on insta n I’m loving it . I might consider it.

It b helpful if she told us info on the Botox ! That b good advertising!

Yea they sell like package deals the agency's do like if u see a brand using loads of them theyve gone for a bundle ect
Do the bloggers get much dosh for each ad , do u know ?

Reactions: 1
Now that u say it , your right . I was looking at her forehead last night n thinking your skin is v v v v tight 🙋🏽‍♀️
This lockdown , I’ve notice a lot more Botox done on bloggers on insta n I’m loving it . I might consider it.

It b helpful if she told us info on the Botox ! That b good advertising!

Do the bloggers get much dosh for each ad , do u know ?
I seen once before that Olivia Neil (she’s a TikTok star) once said the most she was paid for an ad was like 15,000. Bare in mind she’s a teenager so that was probably for clothes brand make up brand etc imagine!!And she’s gotten bigger now so I can only imagine how much she makes now!

• Wow
  • Sick

I always suspected the botox and interested to hear others think the same.
She would never in a million years admit it lol!!!!!
If she said Barry is busier than ever that's an out and out lie, the event industry is destroyed. Appearances are probably very important to them.
I laugh when she specifies the size s or xs in clothing posts. Helpful to no one at all ha!
I wonder does she read here because her tone in her car stories yesterday was very much "frazzled mum" which may be an attempt to appear more realistic.
I love the interior of the house I have to say, it is beige but I love (but could never affird) the Neptune look.

If she said Barry is busier than ever that's an out and out lie, the event industry is destroyed. Appearances are probably very important to them.
I laugh when she specifies the size s or xs in clothing posts. Helpful to no one at all ha!
I wonder does she read here because her tone in her car stories yesterday was very much "frazzled mum" which may be an attempt to appear more realistic.
I love the interior of the house I have to say, it is beige but I love (but could never affird) the Neptune look.
I have thought the same lately that the content has mentioned bits and pieces that were in here...

Ya sure shes always going in with barry in the office barry working in the kitchen... Doing what like...

Weak at the sizes like no way would anybkdy lregnant with twins be a size xs one day tjere was a top on there xxs like come on!!!!!! Why like why....

The clothes sizing is ridiculous. Making a point that you're wearing an S size whilst pregnant with twins helps no one, it's just bragging. And Barry supposedly being busy with work, he hasn't had a job since March! Give over!! Image and appearances is everything to her...I'd imagine that she is very snobby in real life.

Reactions: 7
That's all it is... Look what i got today....

Todays story mentioned some toy she was going buying for the childs birthday... Be interesting to see if that is sent as a #gift next week...

Spotlight exactly!!!! Or that window cleaner thing, not that its used sure the cleaner "that doesnt exist" should be doing that review😂😂

Oh my god stop!!!! Selling bloggers... Ive actually heard it all... I did not think this shite could get any worse. Mother of god....like an auction 🤔🤔🤔

Yes i did for the nose!!! Please... Im Still reeling from it, ill never stop if i start.... There were too many issues with that... Boils my blood.
What stood out to you from the podcast ?

Not likely... Shed hardly let on she has botox done but again.. Why not like its so obvious.
I always felt she had fillers in her lips. They were a funny shape

From the podcast it was the panic attacks piece....felt was very vague and textbooky like there was no depth to it and a lot of the MH stuff she Goes on with i dunno.... I feel bad saying it but i hope somebody wouldn't pretend to have mh issues to seem more appealing.... I dunno it just didnt seem authentic to me

Ya like the pouty smile...

The clothes sizing is ridiculous. Making a point that you're wearing an S size whilst pregnant with twins helps no one, it's just bragging. And Barry supposedly being busy with work, he hasn't had a job since March! Give over!! Image and appearances is everything to her...I'd imagine that she is very snobby in real life.
Or when size xs is a snug fit.... Get a grip
Oh everything....
If he is busy since March then i'd be asking serious questions there about rules etc

My husband works in the music /entertainment industry and there's zilch happening, he has absolutely no work on at all so unless her husband is doing online work taking future bookings for events I can't see how he could be busy.

Reactions: 1
I listened to the podcast a while back. It wasn’t the most professionally put together podcast anyway but I think that whole “every mum” site is full of very conflicting advice that I would take with a pinch of salt. Towards the end of the podcast the interviewer said to Sarah that she would edit out the next bit but she wanted to know how Barry felt about having the children so exposed online. Sarah seemed a bit hesitant in her reply but she said “he doesn’t mind” or something along those lines. She said she was a bit freaked out herself when she saw her eldest daughter on Tesco’s Facebook page after some campaign that she had done. The interviewer never actually bothered to edit it out afterwards though so we all heard it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.