Housebywhitehorns #2 Sarah Battle begs while Barry sells the kegs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see Glenda Gilsonite is promoting Pestal and Mortar too. If I was in the market for some P&M, I’d probably use Glendas code over the other wan. Glenda has some credibility and a personality…

Reactions: 5
While I completely agree with avoiding bigger brands who collaborate with Instahuns I would say that smaller companies like amurelle probably have a tiny marketing budget - there’s no way they could take out a lot of ads in mags/tv etc and therefore a collab with an instahun is probably every cost effective in terms of getting links through to their site. So I wouldn’t rule them out on that basis alone.
Sometimes I do think the tide is turning, but then I see something which makes realise that many of the followers can be so sheep like in their devotion !

Reactions: 4
While I completely agree with avoiding bigger brands who collaborate with Instahuns I would say that smaller companies like amurelle probably have a tiny marketing budget - there’s no way they could take out a lot of ads in mags/tv etc and therefore a collab with an instahun is probably every cost effective in terms of getting links through to their site. So I wouldn’t rule them out on that basis alone.
Sometimes I do think the tide is turning, but then I see something which makes realise that many of the followers can be so sheep like in their devotion !
true but id rather see them companies run an online competition and give a 10% discount without using these people!

Reactions: 2
Yes I get that the likes of Amurelle are a small start up and part of me would love to support an Irish brand like that as the product looks good. But then the other part of me sees that Amurelle has gifted/collaborated with accounts like The Lake House and House of Goose, who have both featured their young children in their accounts or even used them in an ad campaign (lake house). Neither of those are anywhere near as bad as Sarah - she has used her kids way more, especially the twins more recently. I would just like to see brands use a bit more judgement about who they hire/gift to promote their products. Maybe then I wouldn’t feel so conflicted.

You are so right. I think the bubble will burst, particularly for the so called influencers that have no credibility and all they do is flog stuff.
The influencers that have been around from the beginning, like Pippa, will survive a bit longer, as she has built ‘a brand’ and its more tangible. Plus when the Instagram bubble bursts, Pippa etc will be able to pivot more quickly than the rest. Not a Pippa fan or follower, just using her as an example.

I deliberately don’t buy from brands the influencers promote which is a shameas I always bought Foxford…from their scarves to their bed linen and throws. And always for gifts for other people.
Re: bed linen…I recently purchased the Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen range from Home Focus and it’s very nice and well priced!

Found the article…

That version of the article through google has been rewritten in parts before being reproduced. The one in the FT says:
“Posts from friends are disappearing, replaced by brand campaigns. Influencers, a breed of online celebrity, created to flog things to followers, have taken over the app…..Bragging, the motivation for most Instagram posts, did not sit well…Instagram’s manufactured perfection warped into something that could be more harmful. It became notorious for encouraging feelings of inadequacy in its users…Meanwhile, a backlash to the perfection that the app peddles has been brewing…”

Original article: https://www.ft.com/content/9c00219a...HVqNp3yrcQWa1DSEz8_rAP1Ii0Vp4#comments-anchor

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Come next week, the instahuns will be screwed cos we will all be glued to Love Island for the rest of the summer!! ❤ 🏝

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes I get that the likes of Amurelle are a small start up and part of me would love to support an Irish brand like that as the product looks good. But then the other part of me sees that Amurelle has gifted/collaborated with accounts like The Lake House and House of Goose, who have both featured their young children in their accounts or even used them in an ad campaign (lake house). Neither of those are anywhere near as bad as Sarah - she has used her kids way more, especially the twins more recently. I would just like to see brands use a bit more judgement about who they hire/gift to promote their products. Maybe then I wouldn’t feel so conflicted.

That version of the article through google has been rewritten in parts before being reproduced. The one in the FT says:
“Posts from friends are disappearing, replaced by brand campaigns. Influencers, a breed of online celebrity, created to flog things to followers, have taken over the app…..Bragging, the motivation for most Instagram posts, did not sit well…Instagram’s manufactured perfection warped into something that could be more harmful. It became notorious for encouraging feelings of inadequacy in its users…Meanwhile, a backlash to the perfection that the app peddles has been brewing…”

Original article: https://www.ft.com/content/9c00219a...HVqNp3yrcQWa1DSEz8_rAP1Ii0Vp4#comments-anchor
Thanks for sharing. Interesting article indeed. I totally agree with you about these accounts monetising their children through ad campaigns. Do you know that it has become known as spawn con, a play on the word sponsored content except using your kids (spawn). Isn’t that horrendous 😢

Come next week, the instahuns will be screwed cos we will all be glued to Love Island for the rest of the summer!! ❤ 🏝
I must be the only person who has never seen that show! My daughters are too young but my brother’s girls watch it and he says it’s the only peace he gets all summer 😂

For a series of stories (usually 3) and a grid post Sarah charges 1,900e via her agency.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
For a series of stories (usually 3) and a grid post Sarah charges 1,900e via her agency.
So that’s how much Sarah Battle’s children’s privacy is on sale for? If she was on the breadline and trying to feed her family I might have some understanding. But pimping out her kids for content to fund a garden project or redecorate a room is unconscionable.

What a sad state of affairs for any mother and father to be part of. Her and Barry are obviously both as bad as each other. I certainly won’t be using any brands who support exploitation of her children. The Battle babies - Celtic Tiger Twins. 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Meant to comment on this at weekend. I saw Sarah’s grid post for Father’s Day and if you scroll through there’s a pic of her Mam with the 2 Grandpas. Now before any Sarah Battle battlers/defenders roast me - remember I DID NOT PUT THE PIC THERE - it was SB. Anyway Mama is a nice looking woman, not saying anything against her at all, but couldn’t help noticing the very smooth forehead. That’s obviously where Sarah gets her smooth forehead from 😉 so will ye just all quit with saying Sarah is pumped fulla Botox 😜

• Haha
But does her agency take commission on that? Then there all the usual taxes etc.

I must be the only person who has never seen that show! My daughters are too young but my brother’s girls watch it and he says it’s the only peace he gets all summer 😂
Its chewing gum for the brain tv. Highly entertaining for all the wrong reasons. 🤣🤣

Meant to comment on this at weekend. I saw Sarah’s grid post for Father’s Day and if you scroll through there’s a pic of her Mam with the 2 Grandpas. Now before any Sarah Battle battlers/defenders roast me - remember I DID NOT PUT THE PIC THERE - it was SB. Anyway Mama is a nice looking woman, not saying anything against her at all, but couldn’t help noticing the very smooth forehead. That’s obviously where Sarah gets her smooth forehead from 😉 so will ye just all quit with saying Sarah is pumped fulla Botox 😜
Going straight back to look 👀 for said photo! I’m sure Sarah’s forehead is perfectly smooth naturally, just like her perfectly puckered upper lip and her perfectly straight white teeth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
What’s the connection with the 2fm guy and posting a clip from Jennifer Zamperelli. An effort to gain more followers? This weeks content has been weak…if she didn’t have Enniscrone to post pics of she’d be screwed altogether..,

doesnt look like the merc is been used surely wed have got more pics of her in it if she was using it

What’s the connection with the 2fm guy and posting a clip from Jennifer Zamperelli. An effort to gain more followers? This weeks content has been weak…if she didn’t have Enniscrone to post pics of she’d be screwed altogether..,
Possible relation as the guy speaking to Jennifer is Connor Battle?
There's been no real substance to any of her posts this week when I looked at them..apart from loads of her twins crawling on the floor. And seeing as she has the Merc a week now she should be giving that more coverage such as 1st impressions, what it's like to drive, different features etc etc. No point in just taking a pic of the inside of it.

There's been no real substance to any of her posts this week when I looked at them..apart from loads of her twins crawling on the floor. And seeing as she has the Merc a week now she should be giving that more coverage such as 1st impressions, what it's like to drive, different features etc etc. No point in just taking a pic of the inside of it.
Zero substance is righ. And the posts about Connacht Gold make it sound like the contract is up!

[/QUOTE]
That's the theme with her and her BA gigs, only ever speaks about it if its a paid reel or some fake shite.

Id say she cant drive it tbh! 😂😂

• Haha
bet with all her swimming she wont mention anything about water safety or currents in enniscrone after 4 been rescued last night

• Wow
That story about Connacht Gold last night - she was clearly reading from a script which is fair enough but you’d think she’d have prepared better. She said, “that butter is synonymous with lots of households across the country”. That’s not the correct use of the word. She could have said that the butter is synonymous with quality or value for example. She could have said the butter is familiar or well known to households across the country. That would have made more sense. Maybe fluffy Instagram content dumbs people down 🤷‍♀️ but this woman is a teacher 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.