House by the Whitethorns #5 Sometimes a model, often a chef, full-time flogger and always tone deaf. SarahBattle_

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As per my previous comment, the online pictures she posts are heavily filtered and not reflective of reality. That’s a fact.

Reactions: 2
Regarding the comments about Battle’s size/shape, there is a bit of background or context here so if you haven’t followed her from the beginning you may not be aware. She used to highlight her own size regularly by referring to herself as size XS or 8, etc, even soon after her last pregnancy. Whether she was truly that size or not, who knows 🤷‍♀️ but given her body shape below the waist it didn’t seem true to me. I think the way she portrayed her size after she had twins had the potential to make some women feel bad. She did eventually stop, possibly because she was being called out about it on Tattle.
Look it, at the end of the day she’s marketing products. Those clothes she tried on are frumpy in my opinion and do not suit her but she’s paid to promote them. She’s telling her audience everything is gorgeous/divine, etc but when she’s wearing her own outfits it all seems to much higher end brands.
The whole thing with highlighting her size, promoting clothes that she doesn’t seem to wear in real life, posing in a certain way to achieve flattering angles, use of filters, all speaks to how genuine she is or isn’t, depending on your view, naivety, ability to be influenced, etc.
What I personally dislike about her is the relentless use of her children to promote her Insta account over the years. Children who cannot consent, who are potentially vulnerable to manipulation of their images by AI, etc. That to me speaks volumes about the type of person she is - someone who would disregard her children’s right to privacy to make a few euro. And her a teacher by profession too!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Regarding the comments about Battle’s size/shape, there is a bit of background or context here so if you haven’t followed her from the beginning you may not be aware. She used to highlight her own size regularly by referring to herself as size XS or 8, etc, even soon after her last pregnancy. Whether she was truly that size or not, who knows 🤷‍♀️ but given her body shape below the waist it didn’t seem true to me. I think the way she portrayed her size after she had twins had the potential to make some women feel bad. She did eventually stop, possibly because she was being called out about it on Tattle.
Look it, at the end of the day she’s marketing products. Those clothes she tried on are frumpy in my opinion and do not suit her but she’s paid to promote them. She’s telling her audience everything is gorgeous/divine, etc but when she’s wearing her own outfits it all seems to much higher end brands.
The whole thing with highlighting her size, promoting clothes that she doesn’t seem to wear in real life, posing in a certain way to achieve flattering angles, use of filters, all speaks to how genuine she is or isn’t, depending on your view, naivety, ability to be influenced, etc.
What I personally dislike about her is the relentless use of her children to promote her Insta account over the years. Children who cannot consent, who are potentially vulnerable to manipulation of their images by AI, etc. That to me speaks volumes about the type of person she is - someone who would disregard her children’s right to privacy to make a few euro. And her a teacher by profession too!
I wasn’t aware of this which does give some context so thank you for that but I do think we can still move away from fat-shaming, weight comments etc and focus on the other areas of her page that are unlikeable eg showing the kids faces, her style, beggy being beggy etc etc
🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Well said!! I’m not a fan of her style, but the constant picking on her shape and figure on here reflects badly on the women making those comments. I’d love her figure, she’s after having 5 kids and still maintains her fitness to a level where she swims, partakes in some races and climbs Croke Patrick. As for the bingo wing comment from that lady, and calling her chunky?!!! That’s just pure bitterness. I’m a size 16/18……. I’d be called chunky!! Sarah Battle definitely isn’t!!
I saw the climb on Croagh Patrick and good for her or anyone climbing it. Haven’t done it myself. I thought great - here’s some content that’s not about swimming and without the kids for a change 😂 But then she commented that she was there for the anniversary of her sister’s death and that put me off again. She has done a podcast about her sister before too though I haven’t listened to it on principle. The sister had a partner and child and maybe she had their permission but apparently she talked about her sister’s time with her young child when she was dying.
I can imagine it was and continues to be a very painful loss but I dunno I just feel that she has used the bereavement as content on some occasions. It’s just bizarre to me why you wouldn’t take a day off social media and reflect and remember her without having to have it on Insta for strangers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I wasn’t aware of this which does give some context so thank you for that but I do think we can still move away from fat-shaming, weight comments etc and focus on the other areas of her page that are unlikeable eg showing the kids faces, her style, beggy being beggy etc etc
🤷🏻‍♀️
It’s not fat shaming. It’s pointing out the her real life appearance is very different to her Instagram appearance.

In relation to the triathlons…her first triathlon was split between 3 people, her second she did herself but again that was content for a moment in time, she doesn’t seem to keep it up consistently…so she’s not this crazy fitness fanatic she would have you believe.

She climbed Croagh Patrick…big deal, loads of us have, but we don’t post about it on the gram.

And thank you @PPHat for putting some context around it for those that are new to the thread but this is the woman who consistently used to say “I’ve sized up to XS for an oversized look” or “I’m wearing the Xxs” or “I’m wearing my usual size Xs” and would post videos of clothes casually showing the label size. She gets the comments she gets for a reason. And as said previously, she’s very different looking in the flesh. Don’t be fooled by the filters.

Yeah, I knew this, I’ve followed her for a good few years and remember the reference to size of clothes etc. 100% agree about the use of the kids, shouldnt be done.
---
It’s not fat shaming. It’s pointing out the her real life appearance is very different to her Instagram appearance.

In relation to the triathlons…her first triathlon was split between 3 people, her second she did herself but again that was content for a moment in time, she doesn’t seem to keep it up consistently…so she’s not this crazy fitness fanatic she would have you believe.

She climbed Croagh Patrick…big deal, loads of us have, but we don’t post about it on the gram.

And thank you @PPHat for putting some context around it for those that are new to the thread but this is the woman who consistently used to say “I’ve sized up to XS for an oversized look” or “I’m wearing the Xxs” or “I’m wearing my usual size Xs” and would post videos of clothes casually showing the label size. She gets the comments she gets for a reason. And as said previously, she’s very different looking in the flesh. Don’t be fooled by the filters.
As the other person commented, you do really seem to have a genuine hatred for her?!! Like you know her and really don’t like her? It is fat shaming really, but whatever you believe yourself.

Come on, doing even a third of a triathalon or doing one every so often and not consistently as you say…….not something you can just decide to do and off you head, you need a good level of fitness.

Like I said, ive followed her years, I’ve seen the craic with the clothes sizes etc, but I’ve not let it get to me like it seems to get to some.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yeah, I knew this, I’ve followed her for a good few years and remember the reference to size of clothes etc. 100% agree about the use of the kids, shouldnt be done.
---

As the other person commented, you do really seem to have a genuine hatred for her?!! Like you know her and really don’t like her? It is fat shaming really, but whatever you believe yourself.

Come on, doing even a third of a triathalon or doing one every so often and not consistently as you say…….not something you can just decide to do and off you head, you need a good level of fitness.

Like I said, ive followed her years, I’ve seen the craic with the clothes sizes etc, but I’ve not let it get to me like it seems to get to some.
I believe I’ve already commented on this.

I’d say she’s not a bad swimmer because she went on one of those swimming holidays where they swim about 1.5miles a day. I’d only love to be able to swim that myself. She’s gone from the bed run to the pier and both are equally as boring.

• Haha
I’d say she’s not a bad swimmer because she went on one of those swimming holidays where they swim about 1.5miles a day. I’d only love to be able to swim that myself. She’s gone from the bed run to the pier and both are equally as boring.
Iv been on golfing holidays and surfing holidays and I'm neither a golfer or a surfer

• Haha
The “barrel-legged” trackie bottoms are horrendous too. They’re just like my housework joggers that have gone baggy at the knee. Mine are only confined to the house though - would not appear out in them. Would be morto 🙈

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.