Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
Slightly off topic but any suggestions for a small keepsake type gift for a close relative's wedding? We are giving money as the actual present but I would like them to have a little something to keep and think they would too.

Reactions: 1

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I’ve been thinking about this and I think gift registry’s are worse and more beggy than asking for money even though they are more socially acceptable. Usually the registry is at John Lewis or somewhere equally as unaffordable and you end up spending £50 on a fucking gravy boat. Giving money is better because you have more control over how much you give, rather than trying to find what ever is on their list that is within your budget, and they can make better use of the money and probably wouldn’t spend it all on a gravy boat.

One couple I bought a registry gift for have now divorced so who knows what happened to my gift.
That is not strictly true, I got married a long time ago with a list at John Lewis, we had stuff for less than a fiver upwards. And we only got one of everything, not multiple toasters etc and all cutlery, crockery towels etc matched. Free delivery all gift wrapped

I am going to be maid of honour for my best friend soon. They want honeymoon money as a present. How much do you think is appropriate? She is a bit snobby! Also my husband is attending too if that influences decisions.
Thanks in advance for any pointers, I am awful with stuff like this!