Homewithshan #4 Baby girrrrl is here, I need that content for the ‘gram”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d get it more if she added context that it’d been a great day, lots of fun had and both kids now tucked up in bed whilst she had quality time with A but it’s just H is the favourite, G is in bed so I don’t have to parent much or interact.
---

What’s interesting is that she said he is developing his attention span for crafts. Since he has been in nursery almost full time for a good 24 months, I actually suspect he would have spent a lot of time developing his attention on drawing/ painting etc under the watchful eye of staff. She’s just always stuck the telly on for him any chance she’s had so never knew he liked those things! They aren’t doing any kind of play date either at the library, it’s just to avoid doing these craft activities indoors. There’s no reason why he doesn’t have scrap paper, pens and child friendly scissors at home to practise his fine motor skills. All he’s allowed to do is mess free colouring or drawing on a cardboard box in the garden in case he made a mess in the front room.

I’m assuming she doesn’t know that popcorn isn’t recommended for under 5s.
Imagine as well Halle will be put to nursery before aged 1 so she hasn't got to teach her anything.

The popcorn thing surely she has heard of that 😯

Imagine as well Halle will be put to nursery before aged 1 so she hasn't got to teach her anything.

The popcorn thing surely she has heard of that 😯
Nailed it! She literally can't be bothered to actually be a mum to either of her kids it's like she just wanted to have kids as decorations almost. That's the real reason she can't stand George because as he gets older the more parenting he needs and she just can't be bothered. Totally understand Shan works when she isn't on mat leave and every mum deserves a break but even when she's working from home she always puts him in nursery then moans about the cost, how about having him at home when you WFH then Shan? I'm sorry I know she'll be working but I'm sure she can still work just fine whilst looking after him too, especially when he was a bit younger and wasn't running around etc. Admitedly it could be harder if/when she goes back now she also has Halle but to me it just feels like any excuse to dump him on someone else she takes, I imagine if she had family on her doorstop he would be palmed off a lot more often.

Why become a mother (two times over) if you can't be bothered to look after your first? Defo wanted a girl and a content baby.

Reactions: 3
Nailed it! She literally can't be bothered to actually be a mum to either of her kids it's like she just wanted to have kids as decorations almost. That's the real reason she can't stand George because as he gets older the more parenting he needs and she just can't be bothered. Totally understand Shan works when she isn't on mat leave and every mum deserves a break but even when she's working from home she always puts him in nursery then moans about the cost, how about having him at home when you WFH then Shan? I'm sorry I know she'll be working but I'm sure she can still work just fine whilst looking after him too, especially when he was a bit younger and wasn't running around etc. Admitedly it could be harder if/when she goes back now she also has Halle but to me it just feels like any excuse to dump him on someone else she takes, I imagine if she had family on her doorstop he would be palmed off a lot more often.

Why become a mother (two times over) if you can't be bothered to look after your first? Defo wanted a girl and a content baby.
My eldest is younger than George and I work from home all the time but there is absolutely no way I could work with them around. It's like you said, they need attention and to be played with, you cant just stick them in front of the TV. I don't know about Shan's job but with mine I don't even get a break for lunch some days. I don't consider leaving my kids at nursery "dumping them on someone else", I literally have no choice.

With that being said, when they are home, it's no TV, no phones and other than making them dinner etc, my attention is 100% on them and making sure they learn and have fun. They go swimming and to baby classes and we go on family walks all the time. And I take zero pictures of it. For context, my following is similar to Shan's (I'm NOT an influencer though) but I don't have pictures of my kids on social media.

On a separate topic, shouldn't someone create the next thread? I would but I have no idea how!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My eldest is younger than George and I work from home all the time but there is absolutely no way I could work with them around. It's like you said, they need attention and to be played with, you cant just stick them in front of the TV. I don't know about Shan's job but with mine I don't even get a break for lunch some days. I don't consider leaving my kids at nursery "dumping them on someone else", I literally have no choice.

With that being said, when they are home, it's no TV, no phones and other than making them dinner etc, my attention is 100% on them and making sure they learn and have fun. They go swimming and to baby classes and we go on family walks all the time. And I take zero pictures of it. For context, my following is similar to Shan's (I'm NOT an influencer though) but I don't have pictures of my kids on social media.

On a separate topic, shouldn't someone create the next thread? I would but I have no idea how!
Sorry I realise now my post (that was supposed to be me saying if Shan personally- not mum's in general) could have someone else look after G (who she can't be bothered to look after) she would at the drop of a hat. Just wanted to reword what I put- I wasn't at all suggesting that mothers in general who put their children in nursery are dumping their kids on someone else- I was trying to say Shan would rather someone else look after G than she do it herself.

If I offended you or any other mothers with the way I worded things I am genuinely sorry as that was never my intention, I was just trying to say if given the chance I'm sure Shan would love to not have to bother with G.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
She knew that it’s not all that interesting to watch content of her life with her eventual 8 year old son so had a decent enough gap to long out the content and have another baby. Not to mention the cheek she had to allude that she might have secondary infertility because it took her all of 4 months to fall pregnant, which as far as I’m aware is a lot less time than most people. She hoped for a girl and to breastfeed, simply to get a different spin on things. Couldn’t for the life of her work out why her son would be getting in the way of her newborn life with H because she didn’t fancy being a parent to an older, more demanding child.

She claimed that she did the sneak peak, it was wrong and she got that girl. I wonder if she even did do it wrong in the first place but knew it’d be a good storyline for her followers. From the word go she kept saying she felt like the result was wrong and shock horror, it was.

I have one of each and there isn’t a great deal of difference between either of them and I didn’t favour either gender over the other when I was pregnant. If anything, my girl is much more of a handful and spirited than my boy, so if she thinks G is hard, she might find him easier of the two later on.

Sorry I realise now my post (that was supposed to be me saying if Shan personally- not mum's in general) could have someone else look after G (who she can't be bothered to look after) she would at the drop of a hat. Just wanted to reword what I put- I wasn't at all suggesting that mothers in general who put their children in nursery are dumping their kids on someone else- I was trying to say Shan would rather someone else look after G than she do it herself.

If I offended you or any other mothers with the way I worded things I am genuinely sorry as that was never my intention, I was just trying to say if given the chance I'm sure Shan would love to not have to bother with G.
That's very sweet - not offence taken at all. Sometimes things get taken out of context via text and we have to remind ourselves that after all we are all here to discuss the same topic! :)
---
She knew that it’s not all that interesting to watch content of her life with her eventual 8 year old son so had a decent enough gap to long out the content and have another baby. Not to mention the cheek she had to allude that she might have secondary infertility because it took her all of 4 months to fall pregnant, which as far as I’m aware is a lot less time than most people.

I have one of each and there isn’t a great deal of difference between either of them and I didn’t favour either gender over the other when I was pregnant. If anything, my girl is much more of a handful and spirited than my boy, so if she thinks G is hard, she might find him easier of the two later on.
100% with you! The infertility thing really really annoyed me. So many women out there really struggling - I have a few friends that had to go through IVF and multiple loses and yet she is all "woe is me" after a couple months.

Boys are definitely a lot easier than girls as they grow up! I guess she's never bothered to do any research on that - as per usual. She will find out soon enough...

-----

Most liked Thread title was "Her man's left the army, but is nowhere in sight. Still solo-parenting, god her life's sh#*# " - put forward by
Here4daLOLZ

Who can create the new Thread? I don't seem to be able to!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.